The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
He'd be an amazing signing for us, we really do miss havign a true winger. Imagine if Kewell got his act together...

Sexi, epitomised = midfield of Kewell Alonso Gerrard Joaquin

:eek: :eek:

I should stop myself before I become delusional.
Lol, yeah he would be! Keep Riise on the left tho!!

(Original post by Kuz)
I've got NDGAARONDI agreeing with my posts left right and centre (lol!) so when, ever have my comments been irrelevant..lol :p:
lol, nvm Kuz
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/f...pe/4234724.stm
Wayne Bridge a possibility for Tuesday?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
I hope so.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I think the only brilliant player that Arsenal have aquired this season is Hleb. He played extremely well against Boro, and has a good range of passing. I think Arsenal will miss Viera's physical presence but not his ability to pass the ball around.
Agreed Hleb is amazing, but I always have faith in Wenger's signing because in my (truely...I'm being serious) unbias view, Wenger is the best manager for talent/potetial spotting in the Prem.

Although I didn't see the match we, from reports seem to be our major faults.

1. And his always our no. 1 problem.....Pascal Cyan. Consistent as ever had another appaling game, basically acted as a gateway to goal!! :mad: I know Senderos was injured but seriously something has! to be done about

2. As I have said before Reyes inabilty to finsh is one major problem. I also don't understand why Bergkamp plays over Van Persie, who is one hell of a goal threat

3. Poor Bob Pires is really struguling (sp?) these days, and these days Flamini and fabergas should be more obvious for midfield starts

*sigh* Its a hard life being a gunner theses days.... Onwards and upwards for the game against FC Thun
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
bolton 0 - 0 blackburn
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Champions League matches are now up in Predictions folks!!!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
It would be nice, but we don't want him coming on before he is ready. Maybe he will play the last 10 mins.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
barcalona winning 2-0 against 10 man malcorca (sp), Eto'o scored both
currently 20 mins left
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4235784.stm

I hope Arsenal keep on losing then Henry will not sign a new contract.
SideView
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4235784.stm

I hope Arsenal keep on losing then Henry will not sign a new contract.
na he'd prob go to chelsea.... :rolleyes:
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
more likely Barca though

speaking of spanish football, how cool is Robinho - silky skills there
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
Shevchenko? Adriano?
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Shevchenko? Adriano?
Why not buy Barcelona, Juventus, Internazionale and Madrid while you're at it?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why not buy Barcelona, Juventus, Internazionale and Madrid while you're at it?
By the way, Chelsea's performance against Sunderland reminded me of Bob Paisley's Liverpool side.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
By the way, Chelsea's performance against Sunderland reminded me of Bob Paisley's Liverpool side.
*sharpens knives*
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is this a piss take? I'm unsure. :confused: Sir Bob had retired by the time you had been born :confused:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*sharpens knives*
*activates strong magnetic field*
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Is this a piss take? I'm unsure. :confused: Sir Bob had retired by the time you had been born :confused:
It is possible to read about teams before I was born. One similarity between Liverpool's Bob Paisley's side and this Chelsea side is grinding out results whislt others can not do. I'll explain later if need be.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
It is possible to read about teams before I was born. One similarity between Liverpool's Bob Paisley's side and this Chelsea side is grinding out results whislt others can not do. I'll explain later if need be.
Sorry, but until Mourinho has made 6 league titles, 3 league cups, 3 European cups, 1 UEFA cup, 1 European Super cup, 5 Charity Shields, 6 Manager of the Years as manager of Chelsea, no way does he touch Paisley. In reality, as men they are and always will be leagues apart in terms of sportsmanship, humility, and tact. Why the man himself was never knighted beggars belief, as it was Paisley himself who moved english football as a whole to the top of the european scene.

Paisley and Shanks were never about 'grinding out results'. They built playing Liverpool up to be such a psychological factor in the game that teams were **** scared to play in front of the Kop - hence Fortress Anfield. The team, and especially the club was what mattered to them. Not an extortionate paycheque and "which £20m+ player shall I buy next?". So please, I love you dearly, but don't dirty Sir Bob's name with comparisons to Mourinho.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I appreciate that but find it a bit weird that one Chelsea game can remind you of the most succesful team in English football history. I've got many videos of games under Shanks, Sir Bob, Fagan and Kenny. What you say about grinding out results is true, but that's a hallmark of all top teams. They can all win when playing badly. And yes, Chelsea's defensive record beat the one set by us in 78-79 but it was just an odd/slight OTT statement is all. Incidentally, if you want total football the 7-0 mauling of Spurs in 78 and even better the 5-0 against Forest in 88.

The backbone to Mourinho's Porto and Chelsea is the defence ; goalkeeper plus back four and holding midfielder (Makelele). A strong defence and some inspiration upfront is the key. Liverpool's domination of Europe was at a time when the pace of football was far slower and based on keeping possesion of the ball and slicing teams apart.

''For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball.''
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (254)
48.75%
No (57)
10.94%
I'm not old enough (210)
40.31%

Watched Threads