This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Reloaded)
the entire FIFA Rankings itself is despicable
Yeah I mentioned this ages ago laughing at how high up the USA is. Holland, from what I can remember, are always at the top in the rankings but have not even won the World Cup. They are serious underachievers with great individual talent; bit like England really.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
The fact that the USA are always in the top 10 shows how much of a joke the ranking system is.
FIFA are a joke. Apparently football boots with blades are not a problem. Yet in European football if you even just raise your with blunt studs you get a booking, do a Scott Parker challenge with blades and the victim has to have treatment done and it can be okay?! :confused:
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hope that England being kicked out of the top 10 is an incentive for them to perform. Or for Sven to realise his time is up.

Who do you think would be a good man for the job. I can think of three possible candidates- Stuart Pearce, Curbishley and Allardyce.

BTW did anyone hear Pearce's interview with MOTD?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sam Allardyce for me.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Pearce has done a good job at City so I'd choose him. City's team have got self belief and England need that. I can't see Sam doing any differnt to Sven.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I think Pearce has done a good job at City so I'd choose him. City's team have got self belief and England need that. I can't see Sam doing any differnt to Sven.
he'd take out the big names if need be
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah but Big Sam will drop players when Sven doesn't and we won't lose to a team under him who are marginally better than Barbados.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Stop recoverin Riquelme! =\
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's a fair point. But I'm not too keen on him.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Stop recoverin Riquelme! =\
:confused:???
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One thing we should not have done was to sack Glenn Hoddle. Look at Sven. He should be in a Carry On with his behaviour.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hope that England being kicked out of the top 10 is an incentive for them to perform. Or for Sven to realise his time is up.

Who do you think would be a good man for the job. I can think of three possible candidates- Stuart Pearce, Curbishley and Allardyce.

BTW did anyone hear Pearce's interview with MOTD?
nope but Pearce for the job, hes installed a fighting spirit within Man City thats getting the results
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
One thing we should not have done was to sack Glenn Hoddle. Look at Sven.
Why did Hoddle get sacked - I can vaguely remember a book but I'm not sure?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why did Hoddle get sacked - I can vaguely remember a book but I'm not sure?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/270194.stm

Hoddle thought that people were disabled because of their sins in their previous life. Something which Hindus believe in so I'm told.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is my point. Even when big teams play against smaller opposition there will be less demand for tickets. Handy tip if you haven't been to a game and go to any home fixture. I think Anfield's stadium carries about 55,000 but I could be wrong and I haven't checked.
When Liverpool plays at home against Chelsea I'll expect more to be at the stadium to watch it than against Villareal, similarly I believe the same will be true with Arsenal against Sparta Prague than against FC Thun. Congratulations on the win by the way.
thankyou and you too.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I suppose I should be supporting Arsenal as they are British side for tonight.

Have any of you footy regulars worked for a company then left and then moved to a rival? A bit like Cristian Vieri. I have.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I can smell a Villarreal shock on the cards tonight :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I can smell a Villarreal shock on the cards tonight :eek:
I expect Forlan to score.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I expect Forlan to score.
I dont expect him to, but I think he may. It's written in the stars for a Diego Forlan Man-of-the-Match performance tonight, dont ya think?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I dont expect him to, but I think he may. It's written in the stars for a Diego Forlan Man-of-the-Match performance tonight, dont ya think?
i'm expecting a 2-2 draw. forlan to score one and set up the other. rooney to get two.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.54%
No I don't (151)
46.89%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.57%

Watched Threads