This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I thort you prefered 1-0 over 2-1 tho?
Real Betis > Anderlecht. It's just in comparison I feel that Chelsea played inferior to Liverpool though I never saw them play or the highlights. I still prefer 1-0 to 2-1 yes. All this talk of a gear that Chelsea haven't got into, it's taking a while to get into if it does happen. What's the gear ratio again? :eek:
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Chelsea played utter rubbish too and scraped a win. Oh well. It's over.
Over for tonight but tomorrow is going to be another story. I don't want to go to college tommorrow
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I meant over for Chelsea's hope for the CL. Mind you, I'm being a bit too pessimistic and have been known for this. I was like it against Barcelona just before the 2nd leg.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol- I dont think united are going to be with a chance of winning it this year. the problem with some english teams is that they can't change there style of play for the CL. I'm always pessimistic when United play, but if I watch the game, I tend to get really ANGRY if we play crap and it takes a few days to recover!
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I can't understand why United never learn from previous experiences. We gave Villereal to much time and space, and never closed them down. Whereas whenever we had possesion they were always closing us down. We didn't adapt to the situation of the game and weren't able to control the tempo.

In the second half we played better football but then the stupid ref went and did somethin stupid. I think united should revert to the 4-4-2 and stop faffing around with the 4-5-1.
I couldn't agree more. United don't look too confident on the pitch. I'm a bit worried about the fact that we had to use Richardson as cover for Heinze! And out bench didn't look too impressive either...
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rooney, Rooney, is a w*nker, is a w*nker!
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
He did !!!! he got a yellow card off the ref then sacastically clapped him in his face then the ref got serious and sent him off ROFL!
Oh i like that a lot. Rooney is a total fool and a perfect example of what shower of ******s most footballers are.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Rooney, Rooney, is a w*nker, is a w*nker!
i think he's cemeted that status over the course of the last 2-3 weeks

btw hows the mp3 player?
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The mighty Hibernian to set Europe alight tomorrow night.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by missy_B19)
I couldn't agree more. United don't look too confident on the pitch. I'm a bit worried about the fact that we had to use Richardson as cover for Heinze! And out bench didn't look too impressive either...
Been working so I've missed the games/results, but I'll wade in anyway. Perhaps the most important factor of success in the Champions League is options. Not just strength in depth, but versatile players with the ability to switch play, tactics, and emphasis - and a manager with the balls to make decisions, of course. This idea was what won us the Cup last year, as well as great personal determination, a bit of flair, and a bit of luck. If you sit down and watch our tapes, very different teams were fielded throughout the contest. Not necessarily the personnel, but also the game plan. What is your XI isn't necessarily your best team for the game - something that few managers think about (*ahem* Sven). As for yesterday, the pundits were slating Rafa for his unorthodox team. It was these outspoken players (Crouch, Zenden, Pongo) who majorly featured in both goals.

At the end of the day, you defend as a unit, and you attack as a unit. An individually briliant team will falter against an intelligent, comfortable team who play for each other and not necessarily for individual strengths. As for the British team most likely to win the damned thing? It has to be Chelsea every time. Mourinho's a good manager, they have good players, and they'll grind out 1-0 unspectacular (/unsupported) wins time after time. At the same time, we'll carry on, and you never know. Look what happened last time?
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A 1-0 win is a 1-0 u damn chelsea fans, u got 13 of them last season, be happy! we're in times of negative football where u need a result
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
A 1-0 win is a 1-0 u damn chelsea fans, u got 13 of them last season, be happy! we're in times of negative football where u need a result
yea im glad we win the games and get the clean sheets but to win titles you need to score more, especially a £150m+ team whose CL favorites
it could and should be better after last season and i hope the team still have the hunger for something memorable (the quad would be nice after all )
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rooney is a silly little bugger isn't he?
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i think he's cemeted that status over the course of the last 2-3 weeks

btw hows the mp3 player?
Lol, I forgot to edit that post I made in the tech forum about it.
It's awesome, the sound quality as spot on, really powerful and clear.
It took 2 hours to charge, and they claim it'll last up to 6 hours, so i'll let you know about that. I loaded all of my songs onto it (16gb worth), although it took an hour there were a lot of songs! About 1 song per second was transferred to the device.
The headphones are good, although loads of people seem to slate them not many seem to fit in my ears and these ones do without falling out etc, I really like them! I always have to buy headphones as opposed to earphones as my ears seem to repel normal earphones, lol.
Anyway, do you want me to take a couple of pictures of it for you? I love it!

Oh yeh, Rooney is a tw*t.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
Rooney is a silly little bugger isn't he?
C'MON he's still a teenager!
I would have done the same!
Gotta love the passion!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
stroppy adolescent comes to mind.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Aren't we all
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
C'MON he's still a teenager!
I would have done the same!
Gotta love the passion!
I loved the passion when he was running around like a **** in friendly matches but now it is coming that he is ruining things for the team(no complaints for him ruining man u however )

but it isn't passion anymore it's just pathetic and stupid, the guy is paid so much money and really should be maturing now, o.k he is a teenager but he is a regular for Man U and England now so really needs to sort himself out
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's the same with all the great players...
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
stroppy adolescent comes to mind.
to be fair that's just about every teenager living on a croxteth park estate
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)