(Original post by theaman)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Legend.

I think not.
hahaha
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
Liverpools lack of goals lately might be a worry soon?
Yes, they will be. But we haven't lost a game, neither have we conceded. With a tight defense, then you can think about where the goals come from. I still think that we need a 'goalscorer'; hopefully Cisse is the man.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why did pearce kiss big sams butt after the match?
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Yes, they will be. But we haven't lost a game, neither have we conceded. With a tight defense, then you can think about where the goals come from. I still think that we need a 'goalscorer'; hopefully Cisse is the man.
Rafa's Valencia were never prolific goal scorers anyway. Look at the results from the first half of the season when they won the league.

P16 W5 D9 L2 F15 A11

Second half was:

P22 W16 D3 L3 F36 A16

Goals will come but that aside I'm personally delighted that we have a water-tight defence at the moment.

Look at our defensive record in the the treble season under Houllier - it was immense. To add to this Rafa is taking us forward whereas with Houllier it was all over the place.

In Rafa we trust, etc.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JoeFen)
Rafa's Valencia were never prolific goal scorers anyway. Look at the results from the first half of the season when they won the league.

P16 W5 D9 L2 F15 A11

Second half was:

P22 W16 D3 L3 F36 A16
The first time he won it?
Also, if you look at the folowing seasons, the goal tally increased to 56 and then 71!
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There were similar things said about Valencia in the first half of the 01/02 season when Benitez was first appointed. Defensive, not enough goals, too much player rotation, too many draws etc. If I remember correctly Baraja was their top scorer in the league that year aswell with something like just 7 or 8 goals. Their end to the season was also superb. I'm not saying we'll win the league or anything like that but add to that the way we are setting up in most games with 4-2-3-1 being our most succesful formation and zonal marking also working well, things are slowly building up very nicely.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
gosh!!! :eek: there's something wrong with campbell :eek: he's scored!!!!!! ........ twice!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, they will be. But we haven't lost a game, neither have we conceded. With a tight defense, then you can think about where the goals come from.
Unfortunately your next game is Chelsea who seem to be picking up gear with their play and your defence is not as good as Chelsea's. It only takes a corner with a header from John Terry to win it for Chelsea. :p:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just seen a video of the Charlton-Chelsea game from Saturday. Must say I can see where your comparisons with Liverpool of 70s comes from. Very systematic, very solid, brilliant defence and very good at keeping the ball away from the opposition. Fair play.

Only a vagueish comparison of course
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Just seen a video of the Charlton-Chelsea game from Saturday. Must say I can see where your comparisons with Liverpool of 70s comes from. Very systematic, very solid, brilliant defence and very good at keeping the ball away from the opposition. Fair play.

Only a vagueish comparison of course
I told you all along.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Unfortunately your next game is Chelsea who seem to be picking up gear with their play and your defence is not as good as Chelsea's. It only takes a corner with a header from John Terry to win it for Chelsea. :p:
Right. So losing against you next game means that we'll lose every other game this season? :s:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I told you all along.
don't push your luck :p:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funn...m#talkingpoint

:rofl:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
have to love robbo. lol. rep!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Right. So losing against you next game means that we'll lose every other game this season? :s:
Certainly not, far from it.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Great game! Total dominance! Just wish the scoreline was more reflective of how in command we were!
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It would've been, had we not sat back in the second half.

Yep, good result and good first half performance. Pity Freddie's shot hit the woodwork (and Persie's for that matter).

Once again impressed with Hleb. Very neat and tidy player. Capable of picking the ball up from deep and either running with it or spotting a pass. Good feet, good balance and rarely gives away possession. Still don't know what his shooting's like, so that's something to look out for.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
All these Burnley shirts in Camden...:eek:
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It does seem though, that we're lacking a bit of finishing ability. We created so many chances, but didn't score them all. Most of the front players had a good game, but I recall the commentator on 5live last night saying that they were all trying to walk the ball into the net!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Certainly not, far from it.
Good stuff. We may lose against you, we may not. I'd just be happy with a competent performance and some nice football.

You've changed your avatar? :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)