This discussion is closed.
naivesincerity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lukeD)
Arteta's ok now, btw
Good It was pretty worrying when he was shaking like that...what's the injury?
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Good It was pretty worrying when he was shaking like that...what's the injury?
he was having a fit which was really horrible to watch especially when you're at the ground and all you can see is his legs shaking . He's ok though, in hospital overnight and should be ok for the spurs game, bit too soon for man city to be honest.
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
he was having a fit which was really horrible to watch especially when you're at the ground and all you can see is his legs shaking . He's ok though, in hospital overnight and should be ok for the spurs game, bit too soon for man city to be honest.
God poor guy
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
i only saw the end of the game. Then i saw a replay of that "challenge". Obviously had no intention of playing the ball, he just clattered him. Outrageous. I saw he was still on the pitch at the end, did he even get a yellow?
He got a yellow for it yup. I'm not surprised that the ref didn't give a red because you see players just leaning out of challenges to stop the other player getting the ball all the time and it happened so quickly. I then saw the first replay and it was like "well he could've got a red for that" and then a better angle showed with just how much force he went in with. Could've done some serious neck damage.
ChrisH2107
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was actually seriously worried it was going to be one of those 'football tragedies', ala Marc-Vivien Foé
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To be fair, I'd have a fit if I had to play with Drunken Ferguson week in week out.
ChrisH2107
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JoeFen)
To be fair, I'd have a fit if I had to play with Drunken Ferguson week in week out.
Who would win in a fight out of Mel Gibson as Braveheart and Russell Crowe as Gladiator?

Duncan Ferguson.

Scientists have recently admitted, to much embarrassment, that earth actually orbits around Duncan Ferguson.

On the fifth day, Duncan Ferguson made God.
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Picture001.jpg

We love Duncan!
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Picture001.jpg

We love Duncan!
Aye well, if anyone had to have it go it would always have been good ol' Drunk 'an Disorderly!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
An interesting article about Chelsea's heart and the Rafalution.

Clicky
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
An interesting article about Chelsea's heart and the Rafalution.

Clicky
they're just a bunch of mercs
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
they're just a bunch of mercs
I think he's right and wrong in some respects, and it is clearly written in a pro-Liverpool bias. I think he is right to condemn Chelsea's lack of heart, and sterile approach to games. As for Chelsea's midfield being mechanical, it's consisting of Maka, Essien & Frank "we lav it" Lampard - he's wrong to expect anything different. Chelsea's midfield is analogous to a machine. The cogs are constantly turning and grinding away.

Our midfield, to me, seems more like striking a match; it'll only spark brightly if the match is forced onto the strip. We can go from the sublime to the pedestrian. Wednesday, to me, was a case of the match sparking, but not flaming. He's right in that Xabi will defo turn out to be the jewel in our crown.
ChrisH2107
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think he's right and wrong in some respects, and it is clearly written in a pro-Liverpool bias. I think he is right to condemn Chelsea's lack of heart, and sterile approach to games. As for Chelsea's midfield being mechanical, it's consisting of Maka, Essien & Frank "we lav it" Lampard - he's wrong to expect anything different. Chelsea's midfield is analogous to a machine. The cogs are constantly turning and grinding away.

Our midfield, to me, seems more like striking a match; it'll only spark brightly if the match is forced onto the strip. We can go from the sublime to the pedestrian. Wednesday, to me, was a case of the match sparking, but not flaming. He's right in that Xabi will defo turn out to be the jewel in our crown.
well summed up (from an everton fan).
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

The article didn't say much really, a lot of waffle from James Lawton but he's right in the general idea that Benitez seems to be one of the few (only?) one capable of exposing Chelsea's weaknesses. Their midfield certainly was very poor on Wednesday and if Rafa had any wingers at his disposal, let alone Duff, Robben and Wright-Phillips we would be a different team.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
The article didn't say much really, a lot of waffle from James Lawton but he's right in the general idea that Benitez seems to be one of the few (only?) one capable of exposing Chelsea's weaknesses. Their midfield certainly was very poor on Wednesday and if Rafa had any wingers at his disposal, let alone Duff, Robben and Wright-Phillips we would be a different team.
He's a flippin' sports writer - it's his job to sound pretentious & ostentatious! We'll find our winger, and we'll all be foaming at the mouth, just you see! Still, if Kewell realises his job description involves more than posting through sick notes, we might just start to get somewhere!
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aye, I'm just being objective Lawton is probably one of the better writers out there but even he and other broadsheet writers are beggining to write like the red tops.

As for Kewell, apparently he was diagnosed with having whats more commonly knows as a 'sports hernia' which would explain Rafa's comments from last year of him being injured one day and not the next and is something that is difficult to diagnose. He went to Spain (which was one of the things that led to Dave Galley leaving the club and a new physio brought in) and after 2 operations has got it sorted apparently, pencilled in for a return vs Blackburn to play on the right supposedly.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
pencilled in for a return vs Blackburn to play on the right supposedly.
Another excuse for injury if there ever was one! If he can turn it on like he used to, it'd be as good as any new signing.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
baros and babbel, non?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry guys I have been really busy with work. Anyway matches for this weekend are up. I will update for later matches soonish. I am also doing the table too. Bare with me I promise after this weekend I hopefully will have my arse into gear!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
baros and babbel, non?
Carragher & Cisse have also broken legs vs. them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.51%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.07%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (59)
21.15%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.96%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.96%

Watched Threads