Where's Raindance?
In hiding!!! LOL
Book-worm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
we love you chelsea we do, we love you chelsea we do, we love you chelsea we do oh chelsea we love you.
*looks at 'pool supporters* ssssssssshhhhhhhhh!
Were is your european cup?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There were so many Liverpool supporters active in this thread at one point and now they've disappeared? :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Book-worm)
Same could be said about Arsenal.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Book-worm)
It is waiting for us to come and collect at the end of the season.......................... ...........................I hope!!!!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea have come close fairly recently and should have done better in the past so I think it's a matter of when and in the near future in footballing terms.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by james101)
is woodgate playing?
nope he's on the bench
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
6th Nov - Man Utd 0 - 2 Chelsea.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gotta laugh at the crowd booing Chelsea long balls but not their own (Liverpool).
Book-worm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Gotta laugh at the crowd booing Chelsea long balls but not their own (Liverpool).
we played a good passing game!

Gotta laugh at how much it meant to chelsea at the end how much it meant for you to beat the champions of europe...it was like you had just beaten Ac milan to win the european cup!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Considering Chelsea have only started recently beating Liverpool at Anfield it was quite nice to see them win again. Donkey years ago it was 3 points rubber-stamped for Liverpool; times change though.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It was a game of pride for both teams and had 'pool won they too would be boasting they had beaten the champs of england, so why shouldn't the tables be turned??
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
It was a game of pride for both teams and had 'pool won they too would be boasting they had beaten the champs of england, so why shouldn't the tables be turned??
Absolutely. The usual reply, as we already have seen, is "we've won 5 European Cups". But then I came across this:

This game showed Liverpool up. Showed them up for what they are.

Please Liverpool fans do not respond to this post with "Arsenal are hardly setting the world on fire though are they??" or the standard Liverpool response of "we've won 5 European Cups."

This is not a post about Arsenal... nor is it about Liverpool's European form.... it is a post about the total lack of awareness at the club of how to play Premiership football.

Let me start by saying that they lost to a superb Chelsea side today. A Chelsea side that let's be honest look as good as double Champions already.

However, Liverpool today played into their hands. You see I keep being told how good Liverpool are at the back..... utter rubbish.

They are good when they defend the penalty area. But as Alan Hansen always says, anyone can defend from 18 yards out. As soon as Liverpool even so much as try to squeeze the play huge gaps appear and Chelsea exposed them ruthlessly.

The Liverpool formation must be questioned. Most other teams in the 4-5-1 fad play a mobile front man who can run channels. Drogba, Van Nistlerooy, Bent, Davies etc.... Liverpool play a stand alone target man.... then even worse they leave him stood alone and hit long to him.

Also most 4-5-1s become 4-3-3. Not Liverpool... this is an old fashioned 4-5-1. There isn't a hint of 4-3-3 about it.

They are dull beyond belief. Houllier's Liverpool might have played as many long balls but with Heskey flicking on for Owen in behind they always had the potetnial to excite. Not this lot.

Gerrard is so obvioulsy a cut above it is untrue.

From 1 to 11 there are questions.

Reina - Jury still out but i like him and think he'll prove himself.
Finnan - improved last year but shows people inside far too often.
Traore - Never been good enough... woeful today
Hyypia - Not the player who was one of the best centre backs around... legs have gone on him.
Carragher - Commands when they defend deep but his pace is exposed once the push up.
Garcia - Woeful for the 4th game in a row... truly shocking.
Hamann - sideways, sideways then sideways again...
Alonso - flitted in and out when the tackles were flying, good passer but needs to be more controlling.
Gerrard - Working his socks off... but even his set peices were below par today..
Riise - No right foot easy to restrict
Crouch - doesn't look like scoring, however good the rest is....

Then the changes??? I was frankly amazed that Cisse wasn't on at 2-1. Then they let the third on and Rafa changes it..... Hamann for Sissoko.... is this guy for real???

Then Hyypia for Pongolle... still 4-5-1.... no ambition.

With a whole 10 minutes remaining, yes a whole 10 minutes Cisse emerges. Frnkly it was utterly pointless by then.

Liverpool have won just 8 league games in 2005. they have won just one this season when they beat 10 men Sunderland at Anfield by a free kick.

The truth is they are ill equipped for the Premiership's pace, for the passion, for the determination.

They are a team built for Europe's more studious, cautious approach.... they are built not to lose games rather than to win them.... they are built by a manager who seems not to have learnt what the Premiership is about. A man whose understanding of English football seems limited (witness his team selection for the Burnley cup tie).

I keep hearing about Rafa the magician. All I see is Rafa the uninspiring. Rafa the cautious.

Europe is his forte and that is all well and good, but for Liverpool another year without that 19th title has passed by....... and honestly can people really see Rafa as the man to deliver it???

I have serious doubts.
Make that of what you will.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Where did you find that??? Have I missed something?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:bawling:
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Absolutely. The usual reply, as we already have seen, is "we've won 5 European Cups". But then I came across this:

Make that of what you will.
Yeah, that's about right. Not all of it, but a lot of decent points were made
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
:bawling:
like your sig!!!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
like your sig!!!
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There were so many Liverpool supporters active in this thread at one point and now they've disappeared? :eek:
You have to give us a chance to get back from the pub :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Yeah, that's about right. Not all of it, but a lot of decent points were made
Which is why I included it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)