The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
should be darren bent, purely on his recent performances - well seeing as thats why Campbells playing over Ferdinand, then the same should apply here.
Yeah! Exactly, Bent and Rooney (if he's available), go on.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Yeah! Exactly, Bent and Rooney (if he's available), go on.
Suspended, surprisingly enough. He's only in the team for "training", which is a complete waste of time. Should take someone who deserves a place. As for Bent & Owen/Defoe... two odd socks don't make a pair.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
It doesn't make sense at all.
He's crap, just because he's big doesn't merit him being put in the team because it makes sense.
it's sensible to play crouch, he'll provide good link play for owen
Clay
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Lmao! You're disputing that champions league > october prem match? Maybe you're more bitter than I first thought? :s:
not bitter, bemused. Liverpool supporters are all the same, in total denial. True they had a great team, more than one but not now. True you can fluke an odd game, but then you live on it for months.

just admit it, at the moment theyr pants. if you can just say it once, there'as chance u mite recover.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Clay)
not bitter, bemused. Liverpool supporters are all the same, in total denial. True they had a great team, more than one but not now. True you can fluke an odd game, but then you live on it for months.

just admit it, at the moment theyr pants. if you can just say it once, there'as chance u mite recover.
How? We're underpeforming in the league, but we're well respected in Europe - especially as current holders - and we're still top of the group. Maybe we live of it because it actually means something special to us, unlike you and your hollow trophies. Well done, you won, you were the best team. I still don't respect you for it.
Clay
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How? We're underpeforming in the league, but we're well respected in Europe - especially as current holders - and we're still top of the group. Maybe we live of it because it actually means something special to us, unlike you and your hollow trophies. Well done, you won, you were the best team. I still don't respect you for it.
??? did i say smthing to say i am chelsea fan????? or any other team. i could have said chelsea are the best but the two dont connect. when pool get great again i will say they are best. for me i can see greatness in others and accept medocrity when my team useless.

black is black, whgite be white. just cos i support a team dosent mean i cant say its bad, or another good.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Clay)
??? did i say smthing to say i am chelsea fan????? or any other team. i could have said chelsea are the best but the two dont connect. when pool get great again i will say they are best. for me i can see greatness in others and accept medocrity when my team useless.

black is black, whgite be white. just cos i support a team dosent mean i cant say its bad, or another good.
I just got the impression you're a Chelsea fan. Not in the mood to flick back pages.

As for acknowledging when my team's poor - I'm perfectly capable of it, contrary to your beliefs. I occasionally berate a poor showing, and can admit defeat, but this season I'm optimistic and proud. We're performing in european competition, are playing some nice football, and are putting out some very good displays. In fact, one of our poorest matches this season was the one where we beat Sunderland. Results are what matter, but if we had a bit of luck in all of those matches we'd be sitting comfortably in the top 5.
Clay
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a very reasonable post.

supose what gets my goat is someone ignoring all the form, declaring their team is best la la la and claiming theyr unlucky when the are slaughterd.

and it is usually a pool fan.

do they deserve such blind fath/ loyalty?? maybe they do
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Clay)
a very reasonable post.

supose what gets my goat is someone ignoring all the form, declaring their team is best la la la and claiming theyr unlucky when the are slaughterd.

and it is usually a pool fan.

do they deserve such blind fath/ loyalty?? maybe they do
What would you prefer. Someone who slams the players, calls for the manager's head, hates the board and is insufferably in your face about it when they do win? I don't claim that we were unlucky or deserved to win vs. Chelsea, but I question the term 'slaughtered'. Soundly beaten, yes, but there was a fight put up. In the first half it was evens, but we trailed, and consequently had play deeper. You can't just soak up the pressure and hit on the counter against Chelsea, they're too good. To rescue a game you have to take it to them. We couldn't, and they pounced on the mistakes we made at the back. But the players and supporters didn't roll over. Few other teams would have had the ovation ours had. They'd been beaten badly, but their fans - the people who they play for and are loved in turn - didn't boo or turn their backs. They were still singing, and think about the buzz and pickup that must give to a player. The scoreline is often not the best representation of the game.

And Liverpool deserve such blind support because they endear such blind support. It's cliched and I'll be booed down, but it's not a typical club. It's a romanticised, mysterious club. We have our pretentions of grandness, but that stems from pride, what we've seen before, and faith that we can make it again. Even the city itself is not like the rest of the UK, don't worry, I'm not about to give you a history lesson.

For me, Rafa's the one to do it. Seasons ago, we wouldn't have been labelled as potential title-contenders at all, mere hasbeens who were dangling around above midtable. After decades of mediocrity, we've started afresh under the eyes of Rafael Benitez. There's pride back in the club again. Nice football, sparkly new(previously unachievable) trophies. Moreover, genuine appreciation for the players and manager. We're the team clubs love to hate, and it'll remain that way until you delve further in.
Clay
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What would you prefer. Someone who slams the players, calls for the manager's head, hates the board and is insufferably in your face about it when they do win? I don't claim that we were unlucky or deserved to win vs. Chelsea, but I question the term 'slaughtered'. Soundly beaten, yes, but there was a fight put up. In the first half it was evens, but we trailed, and consequently had play deeper. You can't just soak up the pressure and hit on the counter against Chelsea, they're too good. To rescue a game you have to take it to them. We couldn't, and they pounced on the mistakes we made at the back. But the players and supporters didn't roll over. Few other teams would have had the ovation ours had. They'd been beaten badly, but their fans - the people who they play for and are loved in turn - didn't boo or turn their backs. They were still singing, and think about the buzz and pickup that must give to a player. The scoreline is often not the best representation of the game.

And Liverpool deserve such blind support because they endear such blind support. It's cliched and I'll be booed down, but it's not a typical club. It's a romanticised, mysterious club. We have our pretentions of grandness, but that stems from pride, what we've seen before, and faith that we can make it again. Even the city itself is not like the rest of the UK, don't worry, I'm not about to give you a history lesson.

For me, Rafa's the one to do it. Seasons ago, we wouldn't have been labelled as potential title-contenders at all, mere hasbeens who were dangling around above midtable. After decades of mediocrity, we've started afresh under the eyes of Rafael Benitez. There's pride back in the club again. Nice football, sparkly new(previously unachievable) trophies. Moreover, genuine appreciation for the players and manager. We're the team clubs love to hate, and it'll remain that way until you delve further in.
good god, may the rest of TSR forgive me for being responsible for unleashing such drivel onto them when all i tried to do was hols out a hand of reconcilliation to the stereotype.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Clay)
good god, may the rest of TSR forgive me for being responsible for unleashing such drivel onto them when all i tried to do was hols out a hand of reconcilliation to the stereotype.
I'm ill, I'm bored, I have time on my hands. I wouldn't usually be so accommodating so I thought you might as well have a comprehensive answer. I did read and appreciate the first comment, just thought I'd reply to the latters and embellish on previous conversations/likely outcomes.

And, believe it or not, we often get half decent 'debates' going on here which consist of more than 2 lines of, say, Scum/BS/RS/Chelski bashing. You might want to contribute to it at some point.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Super Simon Davies, go on my son.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hear Chelsea are interested in some Ajax youngsters, bit like Spurs poaching Defoe from West Ham I guess. :p:
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I hear Chelsea are interested in some Ajax youngsters, bit like Spurs poaching Defoe from West Ham I guess. :p:
and a 12 year old who may go to sevilla :eek:
arnesen should look closer to home though, like a couple of miles away (oh well i can dream)
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In Woking? :p:

I wonder who Alan Pardew supports, I've heard it's either Fulham or Chelsea.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I hear they're getting Sneijder in January.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Robinson, Young, Campbell, Beckham, Crouch.

Subs: King and Defoe

That's quite a few Spurs connections in there. :p:
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Crouch played for Spurs ages ago :p:
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lampard pen 1-0
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lampard shouldve scored just before the half.. stupid looking troll -.-
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (119)
19.83%
Labour (302)
50.33%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.17%
Green Party (30)
5%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)