?
Report 14 years ago
get in elliot lad 1-0 the irish.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'll tell ya what; i'm well bored tonight.
Half my flatmates (both lads included) have gone home for the weekend, as have various others that I hang around with downstairs! Argh!

Oh aye, England were crap.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Well that was a mess.

Good to see Lampard & Gerrard finally featuring. I have to say that Terry, for me, was the weak link - was caught out far too many times. Carradonna did a half decent job as left full back for a right-footed centre-half, so they decided to beat down Young instead - who put up a decent fight. Owen was sharp, worked hard, but is still trying to play into form. Crouch wasn't too bad, but he should have been more confident in the air. His link play was excellent imo, and allowed the CMs to get into it. There is still not enough decent crosses from the flanks for my liking, both from the touchline and from deep; too much goes into a congested middle area.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why are there no highlights on TV tonight!?!? I was at work all day and wouldn't mind watching more than the clips they show on the news.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
It doesn't make sense at all.
He's crap, just because he's big doesn't merit him being put in the team because it makes sense.
I've been converted to your way of thinking :adore: :p:

Crouch is definately not good enough to be in England's first team squad. He hasn't got the ability and instinct of a striker. Darren Bent should have been upfront with Owen. Crouch is a liabilty... thankfully we have Wayne Rooney for the next game.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Why are there no highlights on TV tonight!?!? I was at work all day and wouldn't mind watching more than the clips they show on the news.
its on Sky Sports 1 soon
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I've been converted to your way of thinking :adore: :p:

Crouch is definately not good enough to be in England's first team squad. He hasn't got the ability and instinct of a striker. Darren Bent should have been upfront with Owen. Crouch is a liabilty... thankfully we have Wayne Rooney for the next game.
:cool:
Aye, he's a joke.
See him today? Crap. People who say Bent and Owen are too similar should hold back their suggestions until after they have seen them play. My comments about Crouch not being good enough were proved to be correct today. But, aye, glad Wayne is back for the next game!
Rooney and Bent up front!
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Suspended, surprisingly enough. He's only in the team for "training", which is a complete waste of time. Should take someone who deserves a place. As for Bent & Owen/Defoe... two odd socks don't make a pair.
Isn't he eligible for the Poland game? I thought they had to submit a squad to FIFA for the two internationals, rather than submitting a squad for each game.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Defo play Rooney up front next match, and preferably take off Gerrard & Carra. The fewer Liverpool players to get injured in that shambles of a team, the better.

And wtf Dan, you're actually singing Rooney's praises now? A season can't linger long in the mind of an evertonian. Just as well really, just to banish in grand illusions left lingering from last season.

:rolleyes:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
its on Sky Sports 1 soon
Damn! I don't have Sky
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Isn't he eligible for the Poland game? I thought they had to submit a squad to FIFA for the two internationals, rather than submitting a squad for each game.
He was included in the squad.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He (crouch) definately had a crap game. He's a good link up player, but his technique isn't particularly(sp) good.

I think Owen should have scored today, with the amount of chances he had. But Sven is really annoying me now- we played crap today and were lucky to win.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
And wtf Dan, you're actually singing Rooney's praises now? A season can't linger long in the mind of an evertonian. Just as well really, just to banish in grand illusions left lingering from last season.
:rolleyes:
There's no doubting his ability as a player, although he is also the biggest ******** in the Premier League!
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Holland are beating Czech Rep 2-0! Since we beat Austria today, if that score stays the same, don't we qualify as (at least) one of two best runners up?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Holland are beating Czech Rep 2-0! Since we beat Austria today, if that score stays the same, don't we qualify as (at least) one of two best runners up?
Cool, but everybody knows we'll quality whatever. Nice that it should be tonight though.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
He definately had a crap game. He's a good link up player, but his technique isn't particularly(sp) good.

I think Owen should have scored today, with the amount of chances he had. But Sven is really annoying me now- we played crap today and were lucky to win.
A crap game? He played the build up for most of the opportunities we had! No Crouch, there'd be little target for Gerrard and Lampard, and next to nothing for Owen to feed off. Owen, imo, had a good game. He got into very good positions running off the ball, made the penalty, should have been granted the other, and was hunting and foraging before it all broke down. Try watching games instead of analysing statistics. Rooney, defo talented, has barely even attempted to pick out Owen whilst playing alongside him. Play him anyway because he gives a spark to our team, but isn't it ironic that this is the only game where both Gerrard and Lampard have contributed something (though still not on par with club form)?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't understand how that works?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Best runners-up get automatic places.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Czech Rep are a certain number of points behind us. If they lose today, then it's impossible (even if they win their next and we lose our next game) for them to beat our points total. So we qualfiy, and they have to go into a play-off
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
England won 1-0. How boring. :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (85)
33.46%
No I don't (119)
46.85%
I work during the holidays (50)
19.69%

Watched Threads