theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I'm not aware of his greatness. :confused:
What has he done?
Managed France - and got 100% record through qualifying, and made him back to the force they were again.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Van Bommel might be another Redknapp (but better, of course). I was quite keen to see him sign for Villa, but word round the campfire is that his poor injury record is scuppering a deal.
Well, another injured player is something we don't need any more of!
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Managed France - and got 100% record through qualifying, and made him back to the force they were again.
Lol. Who exactly have France played?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What has he done?
won lyon back a few trophies
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol. Who exactly have France played?
No idea - but it sounds good though!
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, another injured player is something we don't need any more of!
He's also out of Euro 2004.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i hope arsene ****** becomes france manager
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What has he done?
In his first season as manager of Lyon he won the French Cup. In his second season he won the league for the first time in the club's history. He went on to replace Lemerre as manager of France, after their disastrous World Cup in which France failed to score a single goal and failed to progress past the group stages. He turned the team around, going on to produce an extermely impressive record of 19 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat, including a 100% record in competitive football, with 61 goals scored and 8 conceded. As such expectations are far higher than they could have ever been immediately after the World Cup and France are now favourites to win Euro 2004.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Van Bommel might be another Redknapp (but better, of course). I was quite keen to see him sign for Villa, but word round the campfire is that his poor injury record is scuppering a deal.
Word around the campfire is that Villa can't afford him.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Word around the campfire is that Villa can't afford him.
Lol. Trust me, we can. We just don't want to buy a Jamie Sicknapp.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In his first season as manager of Lyon he won the French Cup. In his second season he won the league for the first time in the club's history. He went on to replace Lemerre as manager of France, after their disastrous World Cup in which France failed to score a single goal and failed to progress past the group stages. He turned the team around, going on to produce an extermely impressive record of 19 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat, including a 100% record in competitive football, with 61 goals scored and 8 conceded. As such expectations are far higher than they could have ever been immediately after the World Cup and France are now favourites to win Euro 2004.
I would point a Lyon's young pool of talent, rather than Santini. Although, of course he deserves credit. As for France: look at the team they have. When they get a have decent manager, it's not unlikely that they are going to blow the opposition away.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would point a Lyon's young pool of talent, rather than Santini. Although, of course he deserves credit. As for France: look at the team they have. When they get a have decent manager, it's not unlikely that they are going to blow the opposition away.
Out of the last World Cup in group stages - so it is likely that they won't blow the opposition away.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lemerre started off well with France, suggesting that he was a good manager. However he went on to ruin the team. The unrest in the squad was well publicised. He went on to turn the club around. You'd assume, looking at the France squad, that it's impossible to fail, but it's clear that this isn't true. Santini did not have an easy job coming in but he did brilliantly.

And how can you say that a "young pool of talent" is enough to get a club by? Surely it's the manager that develops this talent and gets it playing as a unit. You only need to look at Lemerre at France once again to show that talent, potential or actual, isn't ever going to be enough to get you by by itself.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Out of the last World Cup in group stages - so it is likely that they won't blow the opposition away.
To be fair, they had a mare. Don't expect to many concessions this time around.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lemerre started off well with France, suggesting that he was a good manager. However he went on to ruin the team. The unrest in the squad was well publicised. He went on to turn the club around. You'd assume, looking at the France squad, that it's impossible to fail, but it's clear that this isn't true. Santini did not have an easy job coming in but he did brilliantly.

And how can you say that a "young pool of talent" is enough to get a club by? Surely it's the manager that develops this talent and gets it playing as a unit. You only need to look at Lemerre at France once again to show that talent, potential or actual, isn't ever going to be enough to get you by by itself.
Maybe. I just think he hasn't done enough to prove himself, and the majority of Spurs fans are overeacting terribly.
Baron Huntroyde
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Maybe. I just think he hasn't done enough to prove himself, and the majority of Spurs fans are overeacting terribly.
Yes, Santini seems to be a good manager but he's not completely proven yet and has only managed one club side to success.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
does anyone know whether the brazil vs argentina wc qualifier was on tv yes2day? i looked on every channel and it wasnt. i just found it on bravo now but its nearly over
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
just thought i would bring out this thread for the england game, better than starting a new one. C'MON ENGLAND!!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
just thought i would bring out this thread for the england game, better than starting a new one. C'MON ENGLAND!!
yep will be watching the ireland holland game too. England should win this time against Iceland, but i wouldnt be totally confident
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
england 2-0 already
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.87%
Labour (156)
49.06%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.15%
Green Party (20)
6.29%
Brexit Party (4)
1.26%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.94%
SNP (7)
2.2%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.63%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.26%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.31%
UKIP (6)
1.89%
Other (0)
0%
None (10)
3.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise