The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Haven't you forgotten? They're European champions. I keep being told this by Liverpool supporters after dire results domestically. What will happen if they get knocked out this season?
Lol - :cool:
Yer, best team in Europe, European Champions!
Well, when they finish 10th this year and Stevie G Laa leaves them in the summer we'll really start to see the best of them!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who are favourites to win this season's Champions League?
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who are favourites to win this season's Champions League?
i think its chelsea and barcelona
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Haven't you forgotten? They're European champions. I keep being told this by Liverpool supporters after dire results domestically. What will happen if they get knocked out this season?
I'm not being funny, but we are European Champions. If winning the European Cup, historically the biggest club competition around, doesn't give us bragging rights, i don't know what does! That doesn't excuse the dire domestic performances though. I didn't get to see the game tonight, but from what i've read, we played well but had no end product, as usual.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
but from what i've read, we played well but had no end product, as usual.
from a kopite forum

(Original post by kopite(gs))
Absoloute and complete *****.

Again.

And don't anyone give this guff about the young players in our side.

Hamann and Gerrard were totally out fought in midfield by a 19 year old and a 20 year old.

Crouch, 6 foot f*****g seven, was beaten by everything in the air.

Whitbread was just awful, and balls sailed over his head all night long. Entire defence, Sami aside, was a f*****g shambles. Warnock proved once and for all why he's not a regular in the team.

Potter hit over 15 crosses. NONE of them beat the first man.

The entire teams passing was f*****g shambolic all night.

We have NO strength in depth at all, and the first team is bad enough.

Some of the players on show should be put in the reserves for a LONG LONG time, until they understand what representing that shirt means.

I feel so sorry for the fans who travelled all the way down, and sang their heart out, and paid good money, to watch that.

The ONLY bright spot is, in an already congested fixture list, more games are something we didn't need.

No consolation though - I wanted to win it, and that performance was taking the piss.

20+ attempts on goal again to score once.

5 months to the day since Istanbul.

Were going backwards.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's just one person's opinion in the direct aftermath of a daft defeat. He might be right, but from what i've seen, we had more possession and more chances. Put Palace under pressure for most of the game. But, we couldn't deal with anything in the air in the box. We forced their keeper to make a number of decent saves but seemed to lose momentum towards the end of the game. But, as i said, i didn't get to see it.
cybercool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i think its chelsea and barcelona
Never thought Id say this as a LFC fan but I think your right :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Makelele thinks that Chelsea can exceed Arsenal's record of 49 unbeaten games. :eek:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Roflmao @ Barnets keeper sent off after 1 minute against Man U! :rofl:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Makelele thinks that Chelsea can exceed Arsenal's record of 49 unbeaten games. :eek:
Personally, i dont think so - yes sure they have a good (expensive team) and when on form they look untouchable, but when a couple of players go off form AND i think the biggest factor is - everyone wants to beat Chelsea, just to show them that money isnt everything... they will sooner or later lose a match.
Against Everton, a team with 1 win, 7 losses (and a draw with Chelsea) shows how they are beatable (all the managers will start watching every Chelsea move and work out how to beat them..)
was done with Arsenal last season - just dont give them time on the ball = they get pressured too much and mess up..
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Personally, i dont think so - yes sure they have a good (expensive team) and when on form they look untouchable, but when a couple of players go off form AND i think the biggest factor is - everyone wants to beat Chelsea, just to show them that money isnt everything... they will sooner or later lose a match.
Against Everton, a team with 1 win, 7 losses (and a draw with Chelsea) shows how they are beatable (all the managers will start watching every Chelsea move and work out how to beat them..)
was done with Arsenal last season - just dont give them time on the ball = they get pressured too much and mess up..
Yeah, but aren't they already at 39 undefeated?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
damned huth
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Yeah, but aren't they already at 39 undefeated?
Correct.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
cool
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love Charlton
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
damned huth
All players make mistakes. Although he was impressive against Everton to be fair.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They shouldn't let Steve Clarke talk to the press again
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes he isn't very good. I don't like him that much tbh.
--------------
(Original post by olliemccowan)
I love Charlton
You're from the London School of Elite Snobs are you then? :rolleyes:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
I love Charlton
woo! yeh they are great
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes he isn't very good. I don't like him that much tbh.
He jinxed your game. Today there was a story on soccernet about him saying that the plan for Chelsea this season is to win more trophies than last season, and that they're gonna try for all four. If he'd said that on any other day, you'd still be in the Carling Cup :p:
Bad judgement on his part
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.64%
Labour (188)
47.96%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.29%
Green Party (25)
6.38%
Brexit Party (5)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.77%
SNP (8)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.77%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.53%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)
0.51%
UKIP (6)
1.53%
Other (1)
0.26%
None (12)
3.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise