The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
i blame the carlsberg! never liked it anyway and not because i'm a lightweight, CHANG BEER > carlsberg

http://www.carlsberg.com.my/products/chang.htm :P
Hang on! Does that mean Carlsberg owns Chang? The irony :rolleyes:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh oh no one commented on the red card :eek:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
oh oh no one commented on the red card :eek:
I did. And apparently it was for a rascist comment, directed at Sissoko, i think. But we were already 2-0 up
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
get ur vocal chords ready to sing "is this the way to hammer villa"
Lol you so deserve rep for that! (When this stupid 24 hour rule is over)
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Hang on! Does that mean Carlsberg owns Chang? The irony :rolleyes:
i'm not commenting on that
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ah, two things I've found quite common with Spanish sides in Europe. Firstly, they imitate an injury more than other countries' counterparts or exaggerate the physical harm done. Secondly, they tend to go down easier than a prostitute. Celtic experienced this and so did Everton too I might add.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Ah, two things I've found quite common with Spanish sides in Europe. Firstly, they imitate an injury more than other countries' counterparts or exaggerate the physical harm done. Secondly, they tend to go down easier than a prostitute. Celtic experienced this and so did Everton too I might add.
They also experienced it against a Portuguese side managed by Jose Mourinho
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
They also experienced it against a Portuguese side managed by Jose Mourinho
Yes they did.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes they did.
Was it really that bad today (i didn't see it)? They went down a bit easy against us, but i guess it didn't annoy me too much cos we beat them. I'd probably be annoyed if we'd lost, or if we do when we play them next.
Steve M06
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea's last 6 away results in Europe make interesting reading:

7 Dec 04 Porto 2-1 Chelsea
23 Feb 05 Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea
12 Apr 05 Bayern Munich 3-2 Chelsea
3 May 05 Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea
28 Sep 05 Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea
1 Nov 05 Real Betis 1-0 Chelsea

Five losses and a draw, four straight defeats outside of England! Surely Chelsea will never win the Champions League with this shocking form!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
From what I saw (as I was at the LSE today) it was pretty bad. I know I'm hardly neutral but you won't come across that many of my posts regarding Chelsea being the victim of dives.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
From what I saw (as I was at the LSE today) it was pretty bad. I know I'm hardly neutral but you won't come across that many of my posts regarding Chelsea being the victim of dives.
what uni u go to mate? u always seem to be at a different branch of the UoL :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what uni u go to mate? u always seem to be at a different branch of the UoL :p:
Goldsmiths College which is in Lewisham but when I'm not there I go to other UoL places since I live near King's Cross tube station anyway. I went to a public lecture yesterday at LSE to help with my BA Politics course. Day before yesterday I was at UCL and Senate House so today will be...

I don't hang around Goldsmiths College as you can probably tell plus the library there is small. So for my course textbooks I will see if other UoL libraries have them and use them there since it's only a 10 minute walk away and not (effectively) an hour tube.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *Poppin*)
:eek: wheres dv to help me celebrate chelseas loss? i feel so alone...
:wavey: i'm over here

I'd love to join you in your celebrations but i'd rather wait till after todays match. my teacher 'kindly' reminded me that we shouldn't laugh at others misfortunes:nn: :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Especially if they're a fellow English side. Surely we should be supporting each other in Europe? I'd support Arsenal if they were the last English side in the Champions League if it came to it.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well i'd support arsenal but my teacher said that if united were the last team .... blah blah blah- he still wouldn't support them. So the worst of luck can go to Arsenal tonight

I didn't watch the Chelsea game, was it a poor performance that cost them the game or would the ball just not go into the back of the net?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Both! And it was only 1-0 and a soft goal. Other sides, if they played like Chelsea yesterday, would have got a hammering, including Man Utd themselves.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thierry Henry!!!!
Woohoo!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Both! And it was only 1-0 and a soft goal. Other sides, if they played like Chelsea yesterday, would have got a hammering, including Man Utd themselves.
ouch-well i'm going to go and watch the 'possible' hammering which we may get tonight

:ciao:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Thierry Henry!!!!
Woohoo!
booo hooo
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (208)
49.29%
No (48)
11.37%
I'm not old enough (166)
39.34%

Watched Threads