The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Reloaded)
this may sound a bit controversial, but i admire the fact that hooliganism exists. i dont admire any damage/injuries caused by it, but football wouldn't seem right without the portrayal of sheer passion through hooliganism - as long as it doesnt get too out of hand (of course).
I always considered the hooligans to be the ones that cause damage and injuries. All the shouting at eachother from a distance doesn't seem like hooliganism to me so i don't think of them as hooligans (i guess that's the 'hooliganism' that you find acceptable, and that i don't really have a problem with either). Problem is, it tends to lead onto the rest of it
--------------
(Original post by jusfarhan)

:/
Wash your mouth out!!! :p:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
this may sound a bit controversial, but i admire the fact that hooliganism exists. i dont admire any damage/injuries caused by it, but football wouldn't seem right without the portrayal of sheer passion through hooliganism - as long as it doesnt get too out of hand (of course).
I always considered the hooligans to be the ones that cause damage and injuries. All the shouting at eachother from a distance doesn't seem like hooliganism to me so i don't think of them as hooligans (i guess that's the 'hooliganism' that you find acceptable, and that i don't really have a problem with either). Problem is, it tends to lead onto the rest of it
--------------

jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
--------------

NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But hooliganism are the actions which will be considered by a high majority as being out of hand. Unless, of course, you're advocating a revival of south London football hooliganism like Millwall...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But hooliganism are the actions which will be considered by a high majority as being out of hand. Unless, of course, you're advocating a revival of south London football hooliganism like Millwall...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hooliganism is glorified by the media today. I did an article for A-Level English about it. Look at all the media today about hooligans raving about them: Autobiographies, biographies, reports, articles, websites.............
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jaydoh)
Hooliganism is glorified by the media today. I did an article for A-Level English about it. Look at all the media today about hooligans raving about them: Autobiographies, biographies, reports, articles, websites.............
...films (despite the anti-hooligan messages, usually at the end) eg Football Factory, and probably Green Street
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Hooliganism (noun): willful, wanton and malicious destruction of the property of others.

Do you really advocate hooliganism, or just misunderstand the meaning? Hooliganism is what kills, excludes, humiliates; clubs and. teams are banned from competition by the disgraceful actions of their fans. Hooliganism is not synonymous with passion.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jaydoh)
Spot on and indeed i similiarly wrote a school essay on the topic with regard to the media portrayal of sectarian violence and rivalry surrounding the Old Firm. The phenomenon is nowhere near as bad in England but in Scotland many a sanctimonious journalist basically makes a living by exaggerating and condemning the overblown hatred which goes with the Glasgow derby.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
I'm yet to make my mind up on this Kraft investment. We clearly need the injection to catch up, both for the spiralling costs of the stadium, plus the need for players. I just pray that there aren't too many stipulations, i.e. naming rights.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I'm yet to make my mind up on this Kraft investment. We clearly need the injection to catch up, both for the spiralling costs of the stadium, plus the need for players. I just pray that there aren't too many stipulations, i.e. naming rights.
can we call the new stadium kraftwerk ?
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think i could take it being called The Kraft Arena, or whatever. It would make me cry
--------------
(Original post by oblivious)
can we call the new stadium kraftwerk ?
They could re-name a nearby road, Autobahn
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
I don't think i could take it being called The Kraft Arena, or whatever. It would make me cry
Ditto. Best case scenario would be New Anfield, and perhaps name the main stand 'Kraft Stand'. I think it's important to retain our history; our heritage is what this club is based on. In which case we should keep the Kop, mebbe Annie Road and perhaps name another as memorial - perhaps to Hillsborough, or Heysel, or perhaps Shanks.

I agree, I'd also cry if it does become The McKraft Superdome!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Kraft Coliseum has a nice ring to it
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hooliganism (noun): willful, wanton and malicious destruction of the property of others.

Do you really advocate hooliganism, or just misunderstand the meaning? Hooliganism is what kills, excludes, humiliates; clubs and. teams are banned from competition by the disgraceful actions of their fans. Hooliganism is not synonymous with passion.
Unless you're a fascist? :rolleyes:
--------------
OMG a cash injection! What's this? Chelsea II? :rolleyes:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Not quite :rolleyes:
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:hello:
steriods have been found in xavier's sample :eek: another 12 month ban me thinks!!!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Unless you're a fascist? :rolleyes:
Which I am clearly not.

It's investment talks, not a corporate takeover. Moores would never give up his 51% holding.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which I am clearly not.
I think there was a possible misunderstanding. When I said you're it wasn't specific to you, unless you were just answering as if you were asked anyway. I meant to say that fascists could well advocate hooliganism etc.
--------------
It's investment talks, not a corporate takeover. Moores would never give up his 51% holding.
Yes I know - it was a joke.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.8%
Labour (540)
51.53%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.45%
Green Party (58)
5.53%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)