b. they will want to spent big this summer
c. they need to rethink Fergie.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yeah he's played there a few times quite well.

If using those 4 tho i'd keep Neville on the right and either play Brown centre or possible try Brown on the left and bring Silvestre in.

I don't think the consistency is O'Shea's fault tho, Ferguson tends to play him in a different position every game.
i think wes brown would be best playing at RB, i wouldnt play him on the left. gallas used to play on the left for chelsea last season and he got into brilliant positions but his final ball used to lack quality.

i think i said that i'm glad nevilles coming back, but fergie should stick to brown at RB. slivestre would be a good LB- more than anything i think we need neville to wear the captains armband when he plays.

o shea seems to play better at LB. he played better against chelsea than against lille:confused:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I really get the impression of Utd that:
a. there is no depth or even quality in some areas
b. they will want to spent big this summer
c. they need to rethink Fergie.
i agree that we're lacking depth at the moment, but spending big wont answer that question. i reckon we should give fergie the chance to rebuild this squad- althought sometimes i want him to leave.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
i agree that we're lacking depth at the moment, but spending big wont answer that question. i reckon we should give fergie the chance to rebuild this squad- althought sometimes i want him to leave.
You reckon? As well as squad depth, you need a Stam-figure paired with Ferdinand, and a total rethink of your centre mid (Keane's making noises, Scholesy's losing it, and the current two are poor at best).
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think fergie is the best man for the job atm- who could replace him? maybe the ex hearts manager :p:

we definately need to sort our midfield out. giggs is going to leave soon aswell and i'm not too keen on richardson. one of our main problem is that not everyone performs for the whole 90 minutes like keane said. we don't finish the game off properly- the players be walking on the pitch:eek:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
gah crap its one nil to argentina :eek:

1717: GOAL Argentina 1-0 England
Wayne Rooney goes from hero to villain, giving the ball away to spark a quick Argentine counter. Maxi Rodriguez plays a square ball in from the right and Hernan Crespo turns it beyond Paul Robinson.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
1-1..
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe wayne rooney is having quite a night isnt he!!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Garcia got a hat trick last night for Spain vs Slovakia, Morientes getting another.

1 2 4

non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Garcia got a hat trick last night for Spain vs Slovakia, Morientes getting another.

1 2 4

the links aren't working
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
the links aren't working
Does for me?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does for me?
this is what it says...
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.abu-alwaleed.com Port 80
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
this is what it says...
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.abu-alwaleed.com Port 80
Nyah, oh well. Still works for me - probably because I viewed them before the bandwidth was exceeded!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nyah, oh well. Still works for me - probably because I viewed them before the bandwidth was exceeded!
whatever that means :p:

i was shocked at the score line last night!! it seemed unreal, joe cole actually played well for a change :party:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
whatever that means :p:

i was shocked at the score line last night!! it seemed unreal, joe cole actually played well for a change :party:
Cole was the only decent Chelsea player on the pitch. Terry was too easily caught out of position and had no authority alongside Ferdinand, Bridge was (understandbly) poor, and Lampard was ridiculous: no work ethic, just waiting around for a pass/knock down for a shot. I really was not impressed with either of them. Luckily, the defense aside, everyone else played their role to brilliant effect. Yes, even Rooney (grudgingly).
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cole was the only decent Chelsea player on the pitch. Terry was too easily caught out of position and had no authority alongside Ferdinand, Bridge was (understandbly) poor, and Lampard was ridiculous: no work ethic, just waiting around for a pass/knock down for a shot. I really was not impressed with either of them. Luckily, the defense aside, everyone else played their role to brilliant effect. Yes, even Rooney (grudgingly).
hehe- rooney had a good game, and what do you think of stevie G at RB :p:

i didnt watch much of the second half- but during the second half, both teams seemed to lose possession pretty quickly. i think beckham had a good game aswell- but he always strayed from his position so argentina had a lot of space on the left.

how come ahsely cole didnt play?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
hehe- rooney had a good game, and what do you think of stevie G at RB :p:

i didnt watch much of the second half- but during the second half, both teams seemed to lose possession pretty quickly. i think beckham had a good game aswell- but he always strayed from his position so argentina had a lot of space on the left.

how come ahsely cole didnt play?
Second half was excellent, but not quite as good as the 1st. Possession wasn't too bad, but we needed Cole, Beckham and Gerrard on the flanks as nothing was going through the middle. Beckham's distribution was very good, but yes, he drifted a bit and could have done with a bit of a kick up the backside for it - especially as Young was left to deal with Sorin et al - but luckily most of their play went down the right!

Not happy about Gerrard being messed around and treated as jack-of-all trades, because he's never going to have the effect he does with Liverpool (and yet, paradoxically, the pundits slam him for underachieving). Cole wasn't playing because he's injured, I believe.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Players should do as they are told by their managers. So if he's played out of position then hard cheese.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Second half was excellent, but not quite as good as the 1st. Possession wasn't too bad, but we needed Cole, Beckham and Gerrard on the flanks as nothing was going through the middle. Beckham's distribution was very good, but yes, he drifted a bit and could have done with a bit of a kick up the backside for it - especially as Young was left to deal with Sorin et al - but luckily most of their play went down the right!

Not happy about Gerrard being messed around and treated as jack-of-all trades, because he's never going to have the effect he does with Liverpool (and yet, paradoxically, the pundits slam him for underachieving). Cole wasn't playing because he's injured, I believe.
i reckon that stevie G had a good game, but did you notice that all the argentinians had long hair:p: i think there goalkeeper was ace aswell!!

at the end of the day we WON :party:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Players should do as they are told by their managers. So if he's played out of position then hard cheese.
Then it's a credit to him that he puts up with it and puts in a performance - more than certain somebodies who are guaranteed favoured positions no matter their form.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads