This discussion is closed.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
maybe chelsea are trying to cover something else up:cool: :p:
seems millwalls first choice keeper is injured, second choice has gone to wolves and third choice is from loan from birmingham, whom they play tomorrow and is therefore ineligable
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
I think Man.United is the only team to challenge Chelsea and capable to win the league as well.
Being an Arsenal supporter I would naturally disagree with you but I really do believe Arsenal are better than Man Utd and can challenge Chelsea. The one thing that stood out on Sunday was the Man Utd starting midfield. Fletcher (a very average player who would be more at home in a mid-table team), Smith (an average attacker turned into a holding midfielder, no chance), Scholes (no where near the threat he once was, Neville has more chance of scoring than he does) and Park (decent but not world class, another mid-table player). You then compare this to Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs and you realise where the problems are. At the moment the only world-class midfielder they have is Ronaldo but he didnt start and isnt on the top of form right now. The attack is arguably better but the problems lie in midfield.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
C'mon Keano!
http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=...pe&id=10003333
Keano, Keano! :cool:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
C'mon Keano!
http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=...pe&id=10003333
Keano, Keano! :cool:
:bawling:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:bawling:
Hahaha, cmon Roy!
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ew Everton...
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hahaha, cmon Roy!
firs phil neville, now roy keane - you monsters :bawling: :p:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
kanchelskis was a classy player
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
firs phil neville, now roy keane - you monsters :bawling: :p:
Everton... the dumping ground of Manchester United rejects and has-beens... :rolleyes:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Everton... the dumping ground of Manchester United rejects and has-beens... :rolleyes:
:cool:
Man U would probably kill for a Phillip Neville-type character around the place atm, they have no leadership in their squad at all. Come on Roy!
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool... where the good players go ****
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
:cool:
Man U would probably kill for a Phillip Neville-type character around the place atm, they have no leadership in their squad at all. Come on Roy!
Am loving it! Keano could be the answer to your own midfield I guess, as noone has actually filled Gravesen's shoes. Barring Arteta, the rest aren't worth much. :rolleyes:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Am loving it! Keano could be the answer to your own midfield I guess, as noone has actually filled Gravesen's shoes. Barring Arteta, the rest aren't worth much. :rolleyes:
Mikel Arteta! Mikel Arteta! Mikel Arteta!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Mikel Arteta! Mikel Arteta! Mikel Arteta!
I know. Poor guy deserves better!
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know. Poor guy deserves better!
haha £2million Sociedad are idiots
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
True. Nobody has filled Tommy G's shoes, but since Mikel has gone on to the right wing and Neville and Cahill have been playing in the middle it's looked good - i'd probably prefer to see someone with a big more muscle in the middle though, so Keano would be the answer to our problems till the end of the season!

Ps - Andy Van Der Meyde is quality, and Timmy Cahill is magic. That 3/4 of our midfield who are amaazing
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
haha £2million Sociedad are idiots
That they are. Considering we snatched Alonso for £10m... bargain!

Cahill magic? He's been absent all season. What you needed was Momo Sissoko!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That they are. Considering we snatched Alonso for £10m... bargain!

Cahill magic? He's been absent all season. What you needed was Momo Sissoko!
Sissoko! He just goes around booting people in the air - we can do without him! Seems to me like an Alex Nyarko type figure = sh*t.

One thing that surprised me yesterday.. McFadden. What is with him having a half decent game? Fair dos, he should have been sent off like, but he got away with it, and had a damn good game. Go on James lad.

Oh, and Yobo is just class. Class.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Sissoko! He just goes around booting people in the air - we can do without him! Seems to me like an Alex Nyarko type figure = sh*t.

One thing that surprised me yesterday.. McFadden. What is with him having a half decent game? Fair dos, he should have been sent off like, but he got away with it, and had a damn good game. Go on James lad.

Oh, and Yobo is just class. Class.
S'if, he's a beast! And as you say, your midfield could do with some muscle. He looks so confused and gormless, tis brill! McFadden can play a bit, I have to say, but again he's nowt special. Yobo's alrightish though... shame about Weir. :rolleyes: :rofl:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
S'if, he's a beast! And as you say, your midfield could do with some muscle. He looks so confused and gormless, tis brill! McFadden can play a bit, I have to say, but again he's nowt special. Yobo's alrightish though... shame about Weir. :rolleyes: :rofl:
To be fair to Weir he's been great again this season, it is just his pace that lets him down. We've got a more than adequate replacement in Per Kroldrup (yet it remains to be seen!), so when his time is up, possible at the end of the season, it'll be Per and Joey all the way.

Strangely enough, Kroldrup is likely to get his first chance for us in January when Yobo goes away to the African Cup of Nations; crazy but when Yobo comes back it could be him who is stuck on the sidelines, when we all know that Kroldrup and Yobo will be the first choice centreback pairing for the next few years..! I'd love to see it happen sooner rather than later, but you can't take people who are playing good out of the team, and Moyesy always sticks with a winning team!

About McFadden - everybody knows he's got what it takes to make it in the Premiership, but he has never took the opportunity to show us what all the promise is about. Sunday he shown why we bought him, let's hope, for the sake of the Blues, that he can keep up the good form.

Pity Beattie didn't score that open goal, really..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (153)
46.93%
No (42)
12.88%
I'm not old enough (131)
40.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed