The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
To be fair to Weir he's been great again this season, it is just his pace that lets him down. We've got a more than adequate replacement in Per Kroldrup (yet it remains to be seen!), so when his time is up, possible at the end of the season, it'll be Per and Joey all the way.

Strangely enough, Kroldrup is likely to get his first chance for us in January when Yobo goes away to the African Cup of Nations; crazy but when Yobo comes back it could be him who is stuck on the sidelines, when we all know that Kroldrup and Yobo will be the first choice centreback pairing for the next few years..! I'd love to see it happen sooner rather than later, but you can't take people who are playing good out of the team, and Moyesy always sticks with a winning team!

About McFadden - everybody knows he's got what it takes to make it in the Premiership, but he has never took the opportunity to show us what all the promise is about. Sunday he shown why we bought him, let's hope, for the sake of the Blues, that he can keep up the good form.

Pity Beattie didn't score that open goal, really..
We all know about Beattie though. More likely to score a deflection off his arse from a corner than stab in an open goal!

Kroldrup remains to be seen. He's been living it up in the treatment room for the past few months, but he has to be an improvement on Weir. Saying that, even Yobo's prone to his (hilarious) howlers!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
We all know about Beattie though. More likely to score a deflection off his arse from a corner than stab in an open goal!

Kroldrup remains to be seen. He's been living it up in the treatment room for the past few months, but he has to be an improvement on Weir. Saying that, even Yobo's prone to his (hilarious) howlers!
Well, since Yobo's incredible howler against Man Utd in the first game of the season he's been arguably our player of the season so far. Our defence has been good this year; look at it this way - we've let in 16 goals so far.. (4 against WBA in that horror show), only one team in the bottom half has let in less goals than us.. which shows one thing - it's down to the lack of fire power that we are at the bottom.

I'm still saying Beattie will be a hit with us. He just needs a strike partner. He'll never be able to play upfront on his own. Come January hopefully we'll buy a new striker to play up with him and then we'll start getting the best out of him.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You learn from your mistakes like Yobo has, I wish Moyes would drop zimmerframe davie weir.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
You learn from your mistakes like Yobo has, I wish Moyes would drop zimmerframe davie weir.
TBH I expected Per to be in against Newcastle; Moyesy stuck with Weir and it paid off - another clean sheet. So the next game against Blackburn, barring injuries, will see Joey and Davey at the back again.

In Moyes we trust.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Well, since Yobo's incredible howler against Man Utd in the first game of the season he's been arguably our player of the season so far. Our defence has been good this year; look at it this way - we've let in 16 goals so far.. (4 against WBA in that horror show), only one team in the bottom half has let in less goals than us.. which shows one thing - it's down to the lack of fire power that we are at the bottom.

I'm still saying Beattie will be a hit with us. He just needs a strike partner. He'll never be able to play upfront on his own. Come January hopefully we'll buy a new striker to play up with him and then we'll start getting the best out of him.
I'd go with that. You've got the defense to grind out the match but going forward? The facts speak for themselves. I'm not really in a great position to talk about Beattie's record in front of goal, given Rodney's drought - but the fact is that he was never buoght in to be a 30 goal a season Owen replacement. Minus the lack of goals he has lived up to and surpassed expectations.in terms of channeling and creating our attacks.

And if you get relegated I wouldn't be too happy. The novelty and bragging factor would wear thin...
Chewwy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
who will win arsenal v reading tonight????
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Reading hopefully! Before anyone asks they are another one of my local teams. :cool:
Chewwy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but seriously - do reading stand any chance of getting a draw?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chewwy)
but seriously - do reading stand any chance of getting a draw?
I can't see it happening. Arsenal are about attacking football; theory going that to win you must score more than you concede. Unless they really don't click up front, and there's no reason for them not to, Reading could be in for a hard night.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Ronnie got the Ballon d'Or... just in case anyone was wondering...
Chewwy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I can't see it happening. Arsenal are about attacking football; theory going that to win you must score more than you concede. Unless they really don't click up front, and there's no reason for them not to, Reading could be in for a hard night.
reading are unbeaten in 20 matches and top of the championship though...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Fiddy is a blue!
Attached files
IzzTheGreat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chewwy)
reading are unbeaten in 20 matches and top of the championship though...
I'm supporting Reading for tonight - would love to see them beat Arsenal. Is the match on TV?
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Fiddy is a blue!
i still hate the ****
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
i still hate the ****
Yeah but you'll find him in the club, bottle full of bub'..
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by opiache)
I'm supporting Reading for tonight - would love to see them beat Arsenal. Is the match on TV?
Well, 3-0 to Arsenal. :cool:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.bluekipper.com/assets/ima...05/collina.jpg

Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
Well, 3-0 to Arsenal. :cool:
What on earth are you on about? It hasn't even started.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who is that scheißhaus?
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Reading hopefully! Before anyone asks they are another one of my local teams. :cool:
you have quite a few local teams dont you :cool:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.62%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.26%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.87%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.75%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.43%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise