The Student Room Group
jamlan
Maybe, but only for about 6 months. That seems to be the life expectancy of a Real manager these days.

That's an understatement! :wink:
jamlan
Wow! Well done. Do u have any more tips? :flute:

Not really, i just go on a hunch. I did try going for safe bets before and lost quite a lot so its probably best to be at least a little adventurous in the games you choose. Ive placed 6 bets since wednesday and won 4. Wed i won £50 on 2, Sat i lost £20 on two, sunday i won £80 on 1 and today £70 on 1.
Only fools bet.
^ Not true. I'm placing some bets on for tomorrow.
an Siarach
I am on such good form with my gambling :smile: - just won £70 on West Ham to follow up the £80 i won last night on Man City :smile::smile:.
How much did you actually stake? :smile:
jusfarhan
^ Not true. I'm placing some bets on for tomorrow.

What match? :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
What match? :rolleyes:
Kings v Chelscum.
NDGAARONDI
Only fools bet.

Why so?

--------------

jusfarhan
Kings v Chelscum.

I very rarely bet when Arsenal, who I support, are involved. What are you going to bet on?
Hmmm, interesting
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=351294&cc=5739
"Meanwhile, striker Didier Drogba has become the first Chelsea player to publicly acknowledge that Liverpool deserved to reach the final of the Champions League last season"
Drogba
Let's not kid ourselves. Why delude ourselves? Last season, Liverpool deserved their qualification. At Anfield we never found the flaw in their system, we couldn't break down their defensive lines.

What a nice, honest man :biggrin:
Chelsea and Liverpool tonight, should be an OK game.

Cor the draw on Friday is going to be nail-biting.
Economist
Why so?

It's just a saying. :biggrin:
Reply 30512
jamlan
Hmmm, interesting
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=351294&cc=5739
"Meanwhile, striker Didier Drogba has become the first Chelsea player to publicly acknowledge that Liverpool deserved to reach the final of the Champions League last season"

What a nice, honest man :biggrin:

Y'know, my estimation of the guy has gone up muchly. One of the decent Chelsea players, apparently, shame he left Marseille in the first place though.
NDGAARONDI
It's just a saying. :biggrin:

:biggrin: What is quite interesting and quite frankly unbelieveable is the Portsmouth managerial position. There is a market on betfair for people to bet on and against him. What makes it unbelieveable is the fact that over 13 million has been matched in the market which is massive, one of the biggest markets of the year. Despite the fact that Portsmouth had said they are looking elsewhere because they couldnt agree the compensation he still remains heavyily odds on favourite. Everyone the forums seems to be laying Harry, ie betting against him, yet people keep backing him for no other reason than the fact that they must have 'insider' knowledge. Crazy
jusfarhan
How much did you actually stake? :smile:

£25 on Man City and £20 on West Ham.
darth_vader05
and the form that newcastle are in atm, any team will be fancying there chance against them :p:

I'll keep dreaming; they still have the best part of 3 1/2 weeks to get their form sorted in time for the game, and to get Owen/Shearer et al at 50 % fitness to trouble our defense !!
olliemccowan

Cor the draw on Friday is going to be nail-biting.

The question is, which team from Pot Three do we really want to draw.

Croatia, Czech Republic, Holland, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine.

All of which are capable of causing problems.

Wouldn't mind avoiding the Aussies (2) and the USA (4).
Random postage:

I know its a bit late, but way to go Chelsea drawing Huddersfield. :biggrin:
Expression

Croatia, Czech Republic, Holland, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine.

I'd want Switzerland, Togo and T&T
I'd like us to avoid Holland (and Czech Rep), Australia and US
Expression

I'd want Switzerland, Togo and T&T
I'd like us to avoid Holland (and Czech Rep), Australia and US

Latest