The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I don't care about it much. I'm just glad that there are quite a few girls on thsi forum who like football as well.
Btw, dunno if this has already been mentioned (probably has), but Butt is out of the tournament. Who will replace him. There has been mention as Scott Parker being the obvious choice, but also of defoe maybe coming in (would be good as I'm not sure Heskey will be too useful)
UEFA have decided that we're not allowed to bring another player in because it's not 'exceptional circumstances'
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone watching the England press conference at the moment? I think David James was getting a bit annoyed with that Swiss reporter!
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Anyone watching the England press conference at the moment? I think David James was getting a bit annoyed with that Swiss reporter!
dont have sky

what is happening?
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
im studying damn exams
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've changed my avatar to align with my support for Euro 2004
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I've changed my avatar to align with my support for Euro 2004
forgive my amateurishness(real word?)

is that Netherlands?
marina183
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As an avid and passionate Italy supporter I must say, the Denmark match against us was a pain to watch.

I was watching a team with less than half the ability of the Italian team I'm know and love!!!
Admittedly, our defense was impressive, Cannavaro is a bloody gem, but what happened upfront??!?!

There seemed to be a massive gap in the link between midfield and the forwards- I don't trust Camoranesi, too young and too much to prove, plus he was playing far to centrally for my liking. (Also looks like a Samurai warrior more than he does an Italian)

They better not continue playing this half-hearted footie otherwise I won't be able to leave the house through shame!
Trappatoni needs to sort it out.....Come on boys!!!

Bring on the Swedes.
By the way.....how amazingly gorgeous is Fabio Cannavaro....Yummy!
FORZA ITALIA!!!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
dont have sky

what is happening?
They had Beckham, James and Campell talking about sundays game and the game against Switzerland. The Swiss guy was telling James how Switzerland have had a bad start to the tournament and James goes "well you have more points than us". And when asked what he though of the Switzerland-Croatia game he said "I was concentrating on our game rather than bothering about yours". All the players basically said how we were unlucky on sunday and how they had to pick themselves up for thursdays game. Some journalist was saying how James always lets free kicks in and asked him the best way to stop them and he said "don't conceed them". I like David James taking press conferences, he's more interesting than most the other players!
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
They had Beckham, James and Campell talking about sundays game and the game against Switzerland. The Swiss guy was telling James how Switzerland have had a bad start to the tournament and James goes "well you have more points than us". And when asked what he though of the Switzerland-Croatia game he said "I was concentrating on our game rather than bothering about yours". All the players basically said how we were unlucky on sunday and how they had to pick themselves up for thursdays game. Some journalist was saying how James always lets free kicks in and asked him the best way to stop them and he said "don't conceed them". I like David James taking press conferences, he's more interesting than most the other players!
lol

thanks

yeah David James is a legend

Reporter: what do you think of the new special design for the football in this tournament?

James: well it's round isn't it?

seems like all the players are very focused which is good
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
this new ball does look really light, how is it suppose to be special? or is it just hyped up?
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
UEFA have decided that we're not allowed to bring another player in because it's not 'exceptional circumstances'
It is exceptional circumstances! We need another striker instead of Heskey! Why ca't we bring in a reserve player (Defoe)? That's unfair, cos now our squad's down a player for the whole tournament.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This thread seems to be dominated by girls now!

More challengers for the Ultimate Football Girl Crown!

Enter marina183!

Might start off a competiton today for the UFG - a nice little quiz to get you started.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
It is exceptional circumstances! We need another striker instead of Heskey! Why ca't we bring in a reserve player (Defoe)? That's unfair, cos now our squad's down a player for the whole tournament.
Apparently it's because we have enough cover in midfield for nicky butt
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Apparently it's because we have enough cover in midfield for nicky butt
Ledley King in midfield!!!!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
You never know! It will def be Gerrard beckham and Lampard. Scholes is 50/50 for Switzerland so I dunno who will play if he's not fit. Maybe hargreves
marina183
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This thread seems to be dominated by girls now!

More challengers for the Ultimate Football Girl Crown!

Enter marina183!

Might start off a competiton today for the UFG - a nice little quiz to get you started.
Thanks for my kind welcome theaman!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nnnnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!! It has to be Hargreaves on the left, sticking with the flat 4-4-2. Either that or switch Beckham to the left and put Dyer on the right. That would work so well, but people just think it's crazy. But it's not.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Nnnnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!! It has to be Hargreaves on the left, sticking with the flat 4-4-2. Either that or switch Beckham to the left and put Dyer on the right. That would work so well, but people just think it's crazy. But it's not.
I think Beckham should stay on the right. I'd like to see Bridge and Cole down the left
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
definitely hargreaves on the left - but hargreaves on the left and beckham on the right..there seems to be something missing, maybe a lack of energy, or bursting power
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I think Beckham should stay on the right. I'd like to see Bridge and Cole down the left
Well actually I don't think Beckham should be in the team at present, but I thought that him playing on the left was more likely than him being dropped. I think part of the problem is that he's been playing in the middle all season for Madrid, so he's effectively playing out of position. It means not only are we playing a central midfielder on the left, which is bad enough, but one on the right as well. By playing Dyer on the right we're playing a right winger there, and although Beckham on the left would still mean playing a central midfielder on the left, as he's used to working the overlap with Gary Neville from his time at both Man U and England, he could link up with Ashley Cole in a way that Lampard or Scholes can't, thus being more effective than other options so far tried there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)