The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I bet Ruud is looking at that transfer market now....
scottweiland
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
what was that reaction for? :confused:
challenging for the ball with the fullback, fullback who's half his size takes a tumble, freekick against ronaldo.
greek ref - and some of his decisions were simply greek to me.
chidori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If someone told me it would be Benfica 2-1 Man Utd when the groups were announced months back, I would have been fine as you can normally lose one away game and get away with it. But where did we mess up? When we dropped FIVE points against Lille and 2 out of 3 home matches were 0-0 draws.

Time for Ferguson to go. Legendary status doesn't guarantee success all the time. 4-5-1s, taking until like 80th minute to make changes and buying crap players.

Think of it this way, if we did qualify and got another £10-15 million, he would have gone and bought another Kleberson! If we got into the UEFA Cup, we would have just been thrashed 4-1 by Middlesborough again, lol. Oh well, at least we can now focus on the Carling Cup!
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
shows how important keane is, he left and they didn't qualify

For past 9 years they qualify in the CL i think, they had keane

i don't think, keane is that good technically, but his workrate, desire and attitude is amazing
jamlan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sharpshooter)
Meh, I love an underdog so I'm cheering on Rangers from now on.
At least until the 9th of March anyway
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hongkongstudent)
Disaster...not even the UEFA Cup...

Now it's the kind of time when transfer money would *REALLY* help, I just don't see how there'd be any transfer money after we missed out on the 10m or so that you instantly get for reaching the knockout stage...

Sad day...
This reminds me of another northern side although circumstances are a bit different. Shame about Utd to be honest. Whilst all the scousers be cheering it's one of our own out of a foreign competition.

--------------

(Original post by missy_B19)
I bet Ruud is looking at that transfer market now....
He's going to be tapped up by Chelsea. j/k
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm telling ya, they should never have sold Phil Neville... :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He was their utility man after all. In the papers tomorrow: "Ruud van Nistlerooy to Chelsea". :eek:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
He was their utility man after all. In the papers tomorrow: "Ruud van Nistlerooy to Chelsea". :eek:
All the evidence for their failure to progress to the knockout stage points to the departure of Neville, i'm tellin' you now.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arsenal lost their 100% record. Awwww.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it could possibly be "Ferguson to the unemployment office"
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Looks like he's going to suffer the same fate as Clough. Both are staying on too long for their own good.
hongkongstudent
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't think Chelsea would be remotely interested in him anyways, not really at his top form and with Chelsea's money, they could have brought the likes of Adriano, Shevchenko or at least somebody of similar quality...wasn't he linked with Real? Now he can leave for there to go to a team where he can 'win trophies'... :p: (eh owen?)

On a more serious note, Ronaldo should go...its been ages since I've seen him actually preform, with his kind of inconsistencies he is better left on the bench, thing is we don't really have anybody to take his place...

Too many positions in the Utd starting XI that need better players...too little money to do anything about it...and Fergie needs to get his head around the idea that you ONLY play Rooney as a striker, don't throw him onto the wing ffs...
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
On a more serious note, Ronaldo should go...its been ages since I've seen him actually preform, with his kind of inconsistencies he is better left on the bench, thing is we don't really have anybody to take his place...
Ronaldo is only 20/21, so he needs time to develop.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aww poor United. I'm heartbroken
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Aye, tis a shame. We'll cope.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You know what this is just all a trick by Utd. They are playing crap so Glazer will sell up after he realises that it wasn't a good investment, and he will sell to Abromovich's long lost brother Then, Utd will buy some new players and we will be back to our winning ways

--------------

Urm, his dad just passed away a few months back and he played all through the summer in Europe so hasn't had a real break. He is only 21 - not wonder boy. Try looking at the likes of O' Shea first....
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by missy_B19)
They are playing crap so Glazer will sell up after he realises that it wasn't a good investment, and he will sell to Abromovich's long lost brother
Nice try. He's an only child.
stirlingboy
Report 14 years ago
hence the 'long lost' you numpty

--------------

numpty of course meant in a fun sense no offence intended
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Me too. Let's cry.

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (25)
44.64%
No (31)
55.36%

Watched Threads