The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i cant believe that we drew :mad: we should have killed the game in the first half :mad: gah im so angry

with 20 mins to go he puts fletcher on :eek: im speechless
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A speechless penguin.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
A speechless penguin.
:mad: a speechless penguin who is finding it difficult to be happy

im actually shaking with anger

goodnight
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Goodnight. Well be happy that Arsenal aren't doing so well recently. Lost to Bolton 2-0, lost to Newcastle 1-0 and now their next fixture is against the current champions and league leaders, Chelsea.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Goodnight. Well be happy that Arsenal aren't doing so well recently. Lost to Bolton 2-0, lost to Newcastle 1-0 and now their next fixture is against the current champions and league leaders, Chelsea.
i dont really care about arsenal atm. we really needed 3 points today and should have got them. i think pool are second now, with the same number of points as us. hopefully we'll do better against wigan, but why doesnt that inspire confidence in me anymore? i think atm united cant be trusted to finish a game of which is worrying. out defene was in absolute disarray today and we nearly conceded today cos of a mistake by van der sar. we definately have to buy a holidng midfielder in january (stevie G sounds good )

hopefully chelsea will thrash arsenal though (that will make me feel great)

(im not going sleep btw!!)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea to thrash Arsenal. If that happened I'd be :party: :eek:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
we definately have to buy a holidng midfielder in january (stevie G sounds good )
a. Gerrard is no holding midfielder
b. You need more than just one midfielder
c. You haven't the money or attraction for top players, largely as
d. You're out of Europe.

Merry Christmas.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bah Humbug!
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
been watching Inter Milan vs AC Milan..
Shevchenko, Kaka, Adriano and the other guy (forgot his name)
just wow :eek: really good players
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just seen the Arsenal 'highlights' on MOTD2 consisting of 15 fouls and 1 goal. Yet again, more shocking refereeing decisions. Gilberto second yellow very harsh followed minutes later by a clear hack from Shearer which goes unpunished. As much as I like Shearer he is dirty when playing in the air, elbows are always the 1st up. Felt sorry for Scott Parker though. Looked almost deliberate from Lemon but I guess he can thank Shearer for that. Couldnt tell how we played and understand we destroyed them in the 1st half but failing to score against a Newcastle defence is embarrasing. We need to make a couple of signings, get Hleb playing fit and focus putting some solid results together before the Champions League knockout. Apparently Sol looked out of sorts AGAIN which isnt any good especially considering Rio is playing useless.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
been watching Inter Milan vs AC Milan..
Shevchenko, Kaka, Adriano and the other guy (forgot his name)
just wow :eek: really good players
ah i wanted to see that

eek 3-2, looked a good game
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its been rumoured today by a number of reports that chelsea were lining up a bid for highly rated Israeli central defender Tal Ben Haim however Big Sam has dismissed these rumours

(Original post by Sam Allardyce)
"Tal is a vital member of our first team and is not available for transfer," Allardyce told the club's official website.

"Chelsea have not engaged in any dialogue with us."
Source

Does anyone think that this would be a good buy for the Blues? Is there a possibility in Chelseas view of it happening?

personally it does seem a possible idea that chelsea will go for it, but i doubt it will happen.
Although Ben Haim is a good player, Bolton won't sell him - simple as.
But this does highlight a situation for chelsea - gallas wanted a new challenge/more wages on a new contract and is unhappy that he has to play in unprefered positions, whereas reports have said that Aston Villa and other teams want to sign Robert Huth as he doesnt get games and he wanted to play in Germany 2006. So perhaps two CD needs to be bought in to allow this.
It seemed Chelsea were close to signing Vincent Kompany from Anderlecht so is there a gap for another CD?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
its been rumoured today by a number of reports that chelsea were lining up a bid for highly rated Israeli central defender Tal Ben Haim however Big Sam has dismissed these rumours

Source

Does anyone think that this would be a good buy for the Blues? Is there a possibility in Chelseas view of it happening?

personally it does seem a possible idea that chelsea will go for it, but i doubt it will happen.
Although Ben Haim is a good player, Bolton won't sell him - simple as.
But this does highlight a situation for chelsea - gallas wanted a new challenge/more wages on a new contract and is unhappy that he has to play in unprefered positions, whereas reports have said that Aston Villa and other teams want to sign Robert Huth as he doesnt get games and he wanted to play in Germany 2006. So perhaps two CD needs to be bought in to allow this.
It seemed Chelsea were close to signing Vincent Kompany from Anderlecht so is there a gap for another CD?
You do seem to have a habit of collecting defenders, I have to admit. Huth wants out, Carvalho is uncomfortable, Gallas is making noises. I do think that the manager's man handling is partly responsible for some of his problems, but there you go. Perhaps you do need one after all? I, for one, don't think Ben Haim's up for the job, even if he wanted to. Wouldn't do much for squad harmony either, given that one of your players has already tried to maim him this season! Then again decent CDs are hard to come by and are generally the most settled of all players, bearing in mind that a player like Kompany will come at an excessive premium.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
given that one of your players has already tried to maim him this season!
When I read the article that was the first thing that came to mind
But I dont think he'll do the job for Chelsea tbh - if we do bring in a new central defender he'll be a virtual unknown here before the transfer speculations much like Del Horno
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
When I read the article that was the first thing that came to mind
But I dont think he'll do the job for Chelsea tbh - if we do bring in a new central defender he'll be a virtual unknown here before the transfer speculations much like Del Horno
I knew a fair bit about Del Horno before the prem. Saw a wee bit of him at Bilbao, then followed him at the Euros for Spain.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
a. Gerrard is no holding midfielder
b. You need more than just one midfielder
c. You haven't the money or attraction for top players, largely as
d. You're out of Europe.

Merry Christmas.
merry christmas to you to :hmpf:

like ND said bah humbug ( i was just tyring to make myslef feel better!)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's just media speculation. Mourinho stated he doesn't want to buy any more players. Will people ever listen? :rolleyes:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
It's just media speculation. Mourinho stated he doesn't want to buy any more players. Will people ever listen? :rolleyes:
"Jose likes to talk". Heard of Aesop?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes I have heard of Æsop but I've had enough of ancient Greece for this term thanks.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not been here for a while so I thought I would pop in and say hello to you all!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (255)
48.48%
No (58)
11.03%
I'm not old enough (213)
40.49%

Watched Threads