The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
don't kid yourself? he happily punched fergie. he'd relish beating united with another prem team.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
He wouldn't dare to meet Man.United with an another premiership team.
are you sure about that? :p:

essien has been handed a two match ban. i didnt see the tackle with haman but im guessing it was bad.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
don't kid yourself? he happily punched fergie. he'd relish beating united with another prem team.
well thankfully he didnt join everton :p:

dammit he shouldnt have left
SideView
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
good job hes gone ...hes past it anyway... problem with him and fergie is they have exactly the same character...
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
good job hes gone ...hes past it anyway... problem with him and fergie is they have exactly the same character...
Keane was Fergie incarnate on the pitch for a decade, and they had success. But career's have definite lengths. What ended Keane was as much declining years as political power. No player (or manager) is bigger than the club; once he'd elevated himself that far there was no way back across the water. What will happen to Fergie remains to be seen but, imo, he needs to start afresh.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
Charlie **********
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Fk me what a draw! Chelski - Barca, Real - Arse.

--------------

And one of the kindest possible draws for Rangers as well! Only Benfica could have been easier than Villareal. Liverpool are def through.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Fk me what a draw! Chelski - Barca, Real - Arse.

--------------

And one of the kindest possible draws for Rangers as well! Only Benfica could have been easier than Villareal. Liverpool are def through.
Draw in full:

Chelsea v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Arsenal
Werder Bremen v Juventus
Bayern Munich v AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven v Lyon
Ajax v Inter Milan
Benfica v Liverpool
Rangers v Villarreal.

Made up that we missed the big'uns, Ajax, Munich & Real, for now. We seem to have the easiest draw of the British teams but I very much doubt that Rafa will treat it that way. Should be some pretty interesting matches in there: Chelsea-Barca (hah), Real-Arsenal, Munich-Milan pretty much jump out at you. Looks like we'll be getting rid of some of the 'better' teams earlier on.

EDIT:

Also on the Liverpool front, Cisse's said he's staying to fight:

"I love Liverpool. I have great friends and great team-mates and I've bought a great house. I just got married, so why would I want to leave?"

Secondly, Rafa's father died earlier this week Rafa can't feasibly fly back to Spain straight away, esp as the authorities won't move the game for him, so he's opted to stay with team, flying back strasight afterwards. Shows hhow dedicated he is to the team, though perhaps this is professionalism gone to far? Hope Francisco Benitez realises how loved and admired his son is by his new adopted city. YNWA.
Jimmocrates
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do you think liverpool are still likely to sign Simao? He plays for benfica doesn't he? never actually seen him play, but he's highly rated. Could be interesting in January. Great draw though. You'd have to say liverppol have had the luck of the draw again this year
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Darn, we've got Real! I hope that Real don't get their act together before they face us. Still, could be worse, we could have been facing Barca!
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But..we couldn't. We both finished top of our groups. Unless you're just talking in general.

I'm happy with Real. Looking forward to it.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
Reckon Bayern would have been the nastiest draw either of us could have got, so thanks be to that. Enjoy Real I suppose, just glad we finished top and got Benfica!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ha! Yeah. Obviously I'm anxious about the tie, so Benfica would've been nicer.

Now...how will Rangers do?
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Ha! Yeah. Obviously I'm anxious about the tie, so Benfica would've been nicer.

Now...how will Rangers do?
Against Villareal? I expect them to losev, Villareal are a bit of a classy, passing outfit. Don't know whether Rangers would really be up for it, as purely kicking the **** out of them won't work over two legs. Still, stranger things have happened!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We'll see. They may be able to sneak a win at home (let's hope). Then they'll try to hang on for dear life in Spain. It might happen!
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
We'll see. They may be able to sneak a win at home (let's hope). Then they'll try to hang on for dear life in Spain. It might happen!
That's pretty much the only way they can, imo. Pretty much expect Villareal to control but wouldn't be too surprised if Rangers can hold. The Bayen-Milan match should be interesting!
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh god - barcelona again in the same round as last year

some high profile games from the draw - any of the teams with "easy" draws must be celebrating behind closed doors knowing chelsea/barcelona, real madrid/arsenal or Munich/Milan are out in the QL
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But..we couldn't. We both finished top of our groups. Unless you're just talking in general.

I'm happy with Real. Looking forward to it.
#

I forgot about that, but yh generally Real are better than Barca. I'm just a bit worried that Real will just suddenly improve or something, but even last year they weren't too great.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Real and Arsenal both doing similarly in their leagues with 26 and 28 points respectively after 15 games.

After seeing the draw Liverpool are me favourites for the competition, closely followed by Juve and then Barca 'n' Chelsea
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
villarreal have a habit of playing british teams
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)