This discussion is closed.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by marina183)
It's like Figo.
He's def not up to scatch this year but is still on the squad.
Plus, he is far to heavily depended on in the Portuguese side.
That's the tale of the tournament so far.

Good players under-achiveing and underrated players becoming the best players so far!
marina183
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
the main player that gets in the portugese side because of reputation is Rui Costa, he hasn't done anything worthy in years(when he was at Fiorentina) but he still gets picked ahead of Ronaldo and Deco
Yep...I agree.
Deco was amazing for Porto in this year's Champions League and Ronaldo reminds me of a young Zidane. (excusing the penalty give-away mind you)
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
But Beckham wasn't a penalty taker at Man U. Nor is he a penalty taker at Real Madrid. Funny how he's England's penalty taker isn't it?
I think he took a few before RVN came along, when Scholes was absent from the team.

I knew when he was taking his run up, that Barthez was going to the left.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Good players under-achiveing and underrated players becoming the best players so far!
Talking about great players, It will be interesting to see how Nedved plays. I expect great things from him.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep...I agree.
Deco was amazing for Porto in this year's Champions League and Ronaldo reminds me of a young Zidane. (excusing the penalty give-away mind you)
as much as I hate Man U more than words can ever describe, i have to confess that Ronaldo is world Class, he's going to be one hell of a player
marina183
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But Beckham wasn't a penalty taker at Man U. Nor is he a penalty taker at Real Madrid. Funny how he's England's penalty taker isn't it?
Of course, but that doesn't mean it didn't take a few penalties against Bartex in training sessions...enough to give away the tricks of his trade it seems.
marina183
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
as much as I hate Man U more than words can ever describe, i have to confess that Ronaldo is world Class, he's going to be one hell of a player
Yup.
And I hate to go all girly on this subject but PHWOARRRRR!!
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Talking about great players, It will be interesting to see how Nedved plays. I expect great things from him.
Nedved is amazing, rarely gets mentioned in the same breath as Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo etc but imo he is one of the best out there
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yup.
really?

well i suppose he has got rid of those poofy bloned bits in his hair now
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Rosicky's another good player for the Czechs - but he's had a crap season, so he might be another one to underachieve.

Hopefully the Dutch can get it together and play to their potential, which would entail a few goals!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yes ronaldo's great, but marina, i cant see many similarities between ronaldo with zidane :confused:
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yup.
Oh, here we go, I knew that something like that would come from one girl - and it was you!
marina183
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
really?

well i suppose he has got rid of those poofy bloned bits in his hair now
Yep.
His hair was a major let down for him but he looks smooth now.
Apart from the taped over ear piercings- looks like he's wearing Pat Butcher earings from a distance.

How do you think Italy will do in this Tournament?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep.
Apart from the taped over ear piercings- looks like he's wearing Pat Butcher earings from a distance.

i think italy will do well, solid defence, great goalie, if vieri performs and starts scoring, italy will go far
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The way he hit the penalty was exactly the way a right-footer who isn't very good at taking penalties would hit it. Everyone knows right-footers will naturally hit the ball left, unless they're being fancy and placing it in the right (something that requires a bit of skill and guile). So if you're going to put it to the left, it at least has to be right in the corner, or higher than 3 feet off the ground otherwise the keeper will just save it if he goes the right way.
Yep - I'd agree with that.

Coincidentally, didn't nearly all the penalties that RVN missed last season go to the left (or the keeper's right)?

Ibrahimovic's penalty wasn't too great last night either.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yup.
Lol am I the only girl who doesn't fancy Ronaldo?
marina183
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Oh, here we go, I knew that something like that would come from one girl - and it was you!
Ok ok...back to football talk.
Sorry to dissapoint you but it's hard to just ignore this raw 'fitness' on the pitch.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep.

after watching the Denmark game they may struggle again, they have an awesome defence but Sweden will cause them massive problems.

Camoranesi isn't good enough and they lack any grit in midfield without Gattuso.

was very impressed with Zambrotta
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I reckon they should be able to take players on and off American Football style in football. That way Beckham can be shoved on to take free kicks and corners and taken off again straight away.
lol
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Lol am I the only girl who doesn't fancy Ronaldo?
i dont fancy ronaldo!! hehe but he is a great player!
can i make you jealous?? ok i will
if i wanted to i could meet him!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.54%
No I don't (151)
46.89%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.57%

Watched Threads