The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
0-0. Pretty much the best result we could hope for.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
draw suits me fine.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
draw suits me fine.
Draw or a win for l'Arse. Either way. Means we're still within striking distance of MU, and Arsenal are sufficiently far back not to worry us for the time being.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ca/4579232.stm
you know.. i bet theyre faking it, wouldnt put it past Mauren to pull a stunt like that
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ca/4579232.stm
you know.. i bet theyre faking it, wouldnt put it past Mauren to pull a stunt like that
so long as he doesnt play, i dont see the harm in him being "crocked"

--------------

(Original post by Raindance)
Draw or a win for l'Arse. Either way. Means we're still within striking distance of MU, and Arsenal are sufficiently far back not to worry us for the time being.
to be fair all i think we can go for in the pl is getting a comfortable second, by 5 points or so. maybe 12 back from the chelski.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The hype machine didn't work with this game.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so long as he doesnt play, i dont see the harm in him being "crocked"
only thing is, they will probably pretend he's ok again once the team gets knocked out of the cup :mad:
Or they probably dont want to risk him in Africa...
Hope its something dodgey like this and then he gets banned for like 6 months :cool:
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
to be fair all i think we can go for in the pl is getting a comfortable second, by 5 points or so. maybe 12 back from the chelski.
We've never been challengers to Chelsea, have never seen why people get so excited? If we come 2nd, it'll be close. We've got a comparatively huge of games between now and then, when you think about our early start and the mancs being knocked out of Europe. We need this transfer window badly imo, and could've done without Zenden getting himself an injury.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
only thing is, they will probably pretend he's ok again once the team gets knocked out of the cup :mad:
Or they probably dont want to risk him in Africa...
Hope its something dodgey like this and then he gets banned for like 6 months :cool:
i dont think jose's that dumb. he'll rather have a well rested essien after the african cup than a knackered one, especially if he isnt going to play till after it for the chelski anyway..
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We've never been challengers to Chelsea, have never seen why people get so excited? If we come 2nd, it'll be close. We've got a comparatively huge of games between now and then, when you think about our early start and the mancs being knocked out of Europe. We need this transfer window badly imo, and could've done without Zenden getting himself an injury.
i was hoping chelski would get a couple of draws over the crimbo so the prem at least wouldnt look too one-horsed, and liverpool/united wouldnt have looked out of it. chelski have dropped 5 points all season, so i knew we would never ctach them, but i'd rather second place was within 10 to 15 points. chelski are on course for 100 points this prem easily. if we get circa 80 i'll be damn happy. yes we do have a load of games, and this transfer window should be mighty useful.

hopefully we will have a good defensive backup after jan, and some good wide players...

Agadoo, Kromkamp, Zebina, Spaghetti Bolanos, Speedy Gonzalez...
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
i was hoping chelski would get a couple of draws over the crimbo so the prem at least wouldnt look too one-horsed, and liverpool/united wouldnt have looked out of it. chelski have dropped 5 points all season, so i knew we would never ctach them, but i'd rather second place was within 10 to 15 points. chelski are on course for 100 points this prem easily. if we get circa 80 i'll be damn happy. yes we do have a load of games, and this transfer window should be mighty useful.

hopefully we will have a good defensive backup after jan, and some good wide players...

Agadoo, Kromkamp, Zebina, Spaghetti Bolanos, Speedy Gonzalez...
80... sounds rather perrrty! I reckon we *might* make it, we're on course for it anyway. Chelsea can go ____ themselves for the mo (and I bet they do), it's us the team need to focusing on. Whatever happens it'll be interesting, Kromkamp's defo a clever move. Agger would defo be nice and we need CH cover desperately. Lucky he's young and sh/could get to grips with zonal marking easily. It's just wingers, really. Although Gonzalez looks sewn up and Kewell's the best I've seen in years... though that doesn't say much...

Still, I trust Rafa with our kitty. He's done well on the transfer market - and spent less in his Liverpool career than a certain club has recently on £24m filth and a £21m reserve.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ronaldo needs to be shot :hmpf:
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the other teams (eg liverpool, ManU and Arsenal) should concentrate on getting the teams ready for next season, and then full force at Chelski then
but yea.. Chelski will cry when they dont win CL again
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the other teams (eg liverpool, ManU and Arsenal) should concentrate on getting the teams ready for next season, and then full force at Chelski then
but yea.. Chelski will cry when they dont win CL again
who do you support?
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought gonzalez wouldn't be able to get a permit till next season?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
80... sounds rather perrrty! I reckon we *might* make it, we're on course for it anyway.
well, we're on course for 82, united for 81... chelski for 105...
Chelsea can go ____ themselves for the mo (and I bet they do), it's us the team need to focusing on. Whatever happens it'll be interesting, Kromkamp's defo a clever move. Agger would defo be nice and we need CH cover desperately. Lucky he's young and sh/could get to grips with zonal marking easily. It's just wingers, really. Although Gonzalez looks sewn up and Kewell's the best I've seen in years... though that doesn't say much...
kewell is almost back onto leeds form. and whats actually happening with Zebina and Bolanos? I keep hearing Jan trials and then nothing and then jan trials and then nothing...
Still, I trust Rafa with our kitty. He's done well on the transfer market - and spent less in his Liverpool career than a certain club has recently on £24m filth and a £21m reserve.
yeh he's not done bad. except nunez and josemi... not seen much of his buys for the future tho... well actually josemi wasnt that bad, just didnt work out...
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
I thought gonzalez wouldn't be able to get a permit till next season?
It's a strange case, haven't followed it much. Basically, I think Chile are into the top 80 of the rankings - which is why we were turned down in the first place. Which was fookin stupid if you ask me.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
who do you support?
the pool
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the pool
:hmpf: wrong answer :p:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
kewell is almost back onto leeds form
Not even close. This isn't even his best form in a red shirt.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.35%
Labour (132)
49.44%
Liberal Democrats (37)
13.86%
Green Party (18)
6.74%
Brexit Party (4)
1.5%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.12%
SNP (5)
1.87%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.37%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.5%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)