?
Report 14 years ago
i wanted luton to win that match.. oh well, my heart says *go liverpool*
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
man liverpool sucked for about half that game. still, allez, allez, sinama, pongollez! 3-1, and you *cough*ed it up. good banter.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When can I watch the highlights?? Match of the Day doesn't seem to be on tonight!!! :bawling:
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
When can I watch the highlights?? Match of the Day doesn't seem to be on tonight!!! :bawling:
What would you do without me? :rolleyes:

clicky!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
half 10. it is. i'm sure.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's on at 10.30pm! Goals on the BBC site too I think
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
What would you do without me? :rolleyes:

clicky!
Windows Media Player cannot play this file.

--------------

(Original post by El Chueco)
half 10. it is. i'm sure.
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/grid?lineup=u...name=&.intl=uk

Oh, well they've called it "sportscene" there, with presenters I haven't heard of
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
Try the BBC website, then click the video: 'FA Cup highlights: Luton 3-5 Liverpool'. That's what I tried to directly link you to? If not, it's on the beeb 10:30ish.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
We should not have been 3-1 down, end of. Our midfield was absent for the first 45, our strikers incompetent.The defense was a shambles. Carra and Sami, what the hell was that about? Thought I was watching Newcastle.
I dont think that was the case..
Sami made some terrible mistakes.. Carra only a couple.
First half - basically Luton went after EVERY ball - even when it went back to our goalkeeper - all about pace and pressure, and they did it well..
But you cant play a game for 90 mins like that - stamina ran out and Liverpool showed their class
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Random thought; im currently hating reading, they drew today and i therefore i lost 50quid.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
I dont think that was the case..
Sami made some terrible mistakes.. Carra only a couple.
First half - basically Luton went after EVERY ball - even when it went back to our goalkeeper - all about pace and pressure, and they did it well..
But you cant play a game for 90 mins like that - stamina ran out and Liverpool showed their class
I think all the Premership teams that let in goals from the opposition today need to look long and hard at themselves.
I mean FFS Chelsea let Huddersfield score!!! 'Pool let in 3! Newcastle took their time. They all should have had it wrapped up in the first half. I could not believe some of the scorelines at half time. It was embarassing to see.
Book-worm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think thats a fair comment Cindy.

I don't know why it is that these are always hard games, maybe the english league is so good that not much quality seperates the divisions!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
I think all the Premership teams that let in goals from the opposition today need to look long and hard at themselves.
I mean FFS Chelsea let Huddersfield score!!! 'Pool let in 3! Newcastle took their time. They all should have had it wrapped up in the first half. I could not believe some of the scorelines at half time. It was embarassing to see.
:dito: :withstupi (oops) someone told me it was a farce the likes of 'pool were down at half time, i said no, twould have been a farce if they were leading at half time...
Book-worm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well aren't you funny....
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by peterunitt)
****in racist Luton fans, chanting monkey noises at Cisse!!
Disgraceful that it is. Just ask Millwall who were wrongly accused of racism against a Premiership side. Forget who that side was...
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Book-worm)
well aren't you funny....
well yeh, just not then - then i was being serious... liverpool should have annihilated luton. but instead they concede 3 times for only the second time this season. raindance is right, we just went missing for an hour or so...
Shakuri
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Disgraceful that it is. Just ask Millwall who were wrongly accused of racism against a Premiership side. Forget who that side was...
yeh wrongly accussed, thats why the FA charged them, what were they thinking, i mean who are the FA?!?!?!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
well yeh, just not then - then i was being serious... liverpool should have annihilated luton. but instead they concede 3 times for only the second time this season. raindance is right, we just went missing for an hour or so...
Yeap in one match they conceded nearly a quarter of the amount they have in the PL season so far.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/stats/premier/
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Cup football will always be cup football
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Book-worm)
I don't think thats a fair comment Cindy.

I don't know why it is that these are always hard games, maybe the english league is so good that not much quality seperates the divisions!
It's pretty easy to see why. The better team will either be complacent or will not really want to be playing this match (usually both) and for many of the lower league teams it will be the game of their careers so they will give it absolutely everything.

That's why it's often close until the end. Generally the better teams up the tempo when they realise they have to work for a win, but others (Brum, Middlesbrough, and Fulham at the moment!) go into the game, find it tougher than they expect and struggle to score.

If anything, the quality is the only thing that does separate the divisions. It's when premier teams show their quality that they rip apart lower league defences.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.51%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.07%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (59)
21.15%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.96%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.96%

Watched Threads