The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
You would have thought he had learnt by now.

Man City still looking good.
The more time that passes, the closer Man City are to winning. I just hope that they don't concede any time soon, else they might get really nervy and mess up.

--------------

(Original post by BexTait)
There was also that goalkeeper (name escapes me at the moment). Arsenal and young English players just don't seem to go, unless Walcott will be an exception.
Ashley Cole?
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There was also that goalkeeper (name escapes me at the moment). Arsenal and young English players just don't seem to go, unless Walcott will be an exception.
Stuart Taylor? Richard Wright?

Ashley Cole is one of the few exceptions (he replaced Silvinho, who was a bit tasty himself, as the first choice LB)
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=Xenon]The more time that passes, the closer Man City are to winning. I just hope that they don't concede any time soon, else they might get really nervy and mess up.

QUOTE]

yeap they just need to hold it together and they seem to be doing just that so far
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But still, it's not that good if they've only really had one English youngster come through and make a mark. Especialy for an English team. Asley Cole came right through the ranks with Arsenal, where as the others have come from elsewhere, perhaps there might be something in that as to why?

I wouldn't mind the limit on foreigners being reintroduced to give home grown talent a chance, although there are a number of teams that will be affected by that.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)

yeap they just need to hold it together and they seem to be doing just that so far
Man U don't seem to be having the cutting edge, but it only takes one special Rooney moment or something and Man City will get nervy. They just gave Rooney too much space. If they keep doing this, they might get in trouble.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hopefully Rooney will get himself another card and be off.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But still, it's not that good if they've only really had one English youngster come through and make a mark. Especialy for an English team. Asley Cole came right through the ranks with Arsenal, where as the others have come from elsewhere, perhaps there might be something in that as to why?

I wouldn't mind the limit on foreigners being reintroduced to give home grown talent a chance, although there are a number of teams that will be affected by that.
I know. I agree with what you've said. Wenger's just a bit obsessed with all these Frenchies. I wish he'd pay more attention to the grassroots over here and stuff.

One more thing, I love you.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Off goes Ronaldo!!!! :eek:

I ahve seen worse from Eissien.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

To be honest, it does remind me a bit of the Pennant sitiuation, but hopefully, Theo will be more level headed that Pennant, and be a bit more mature than Pennant was.

Ronaldo came in with a bad challenge but he didn't make contact with the Man City player. So, actaully, as muchas I hate to admit it, Man Utd were unlucky. Ronaldo should have only got a yellow as he was lucky enough to make no contact with Cole.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Unlucky Ronaldo. Not that this match bothers me too much.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
That's incorrect actually. Don't you remember Bill Gates?
That was an honorary one. Loads of people got them - Spike Milligan is the one that springs to mind.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
To be honest, it does remind me a bit of the Pennant sitiuation, but hopefully, Theo will be more level headed that Pennant, and be a bit more mature than Pennant was.

Ronaldo came in with a bad challenge but he didn't make contact with the Man City player. So, actaully, as muchas I hate to admit it, Man Utd were unlucky. Ronaldo should have only got a yellow as he was lucky enough to make no contact with Cole.
Yeah I think the refs a bit of a wa***r. No need for a red there.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Who's the ref? Is it Steve Bennett? Cos he is a bit of a w*nker.

If it isn't...well he's still a bit of a w*nker.
EPD
Report 13 years ago
There's every need for a red card if it's Ronaldo
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
That was an honorary one. Loads of people got them - Spike Milligan is the one that springs to mind.
Ah. Wondered what you meant by honours.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeap I think we are all agreed he is a bit of a w****r.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
There's every need for a red card if it's Ronaldo
Much as I dont like him and his greasy hair. Not in this case, just no need.
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by roflbunny)
Who's the ref? Is it Steve Bennett? Cos he is a bit of a w*nker.
Correct. I should imagine that there will be an appeal against the descision.
Ah well, Ronaldo can keep Rooney company in being suspended for the FA Cup replay...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's all very well you lot cricitising referees in the comfort in your armchair isn't it? TV replays, alternative angles, not having to decide in an instant etc. Yes referees make mistakes but they're human. You lot aren't perfect are you? It's about time football fans put up and shut up. Like to see all these critics try and referee a Premier League game.
EPD
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Ah. Wondered what you meant by honours.
As I understand it, the vast majority of people who get the usual ones (MBE, OBE etc.) are British citizens, but if a foreign national has done something outstanding (supposedly) they can get honorary ones. Arsene Wenger and Gerard Houllier have got honorary OBEs, I believe.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.64%
Labour (188)
47.96%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.29%
Green Party (25)
6.38%
Brexit Party (5)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.77%
SNP (8)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.77%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.53%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)
0.51%
UKIP (6)
1.53%
Other (1)
0.26%
None (12)
3.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise