Watch
This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
At the end of the day, you can't pick a recently injured reserve over an Arsenal regular who has put in good performances for England.
What about when Bridge was doing well for Chelsea under Ranieri? You could play him for 'lesser' games, rotation etc. You and I both know how once we knew who would be the starting XI for Sven at one point.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
What about when Bridge was doing well for Chelsea under Ranieri? You could play him for 'lesser' games, rotation etc. You and I both know how once we knew who would be the starting XI for Sven at one point.
Not if he isn't getting first team football with Chelsea. Regular, top flight football is everything, and England can't pick a reserve off the back of past exploits.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes but if he is getting regular first team football then he shouldn't always be outcasted by another person for every flipping England game.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea 3 - 1 Arsenal

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?a...ea+3-1+Arsenal

Why is it that many Arsenal fans are critical of Chelsea's academy when theirs isn't as great (at least according to the table)?
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
Yes but if he is getting regular first team football then he shouldn't always be outcasted by another person for every flipping England game.
The other person being on better form, in regular games, and arguable a better player. I can't see him displacing Del Horno and Gallas. There are other players, currently, who deserve a WC place over Bridge.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Del Horno isn't all that to be honest.
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea 3 - 1 Arsenal

Why is it that many Arsenal fans are critical of Chelsea's academy when theirs isn't as great (at least according to the table)?
Arsenals academy is great! maybe not for homegrown but thats generally because homegrown talent is rare, but the youngsters it has nutured it scarringly amazing.
Until bridge mantains first team football, and can win back his reputation then he cant go ahead of one of the best defensive and attacking LBs in the world. if past efforts were the benchmark for placement beatie would start every game.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Panos Armenakas is coming to Chelsea. :rolleyes:
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think that Bridge's move away from Chelsea just proves why it would not have been a good idea for Theo to go to Chelsea. He has more of a chance of playing regular if he's good enough at arsenal.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Personally that is where i see the decline of Chelski.. sure they have the cash - but players with that kind of ability, at the top of the game have a love for the sport abd want to play at the end of the day..
players will become unhappy and leave.. especially before Euro 08 is my bet.. especially players such as SWP, Bridge etc.. and then Chelski either have bad luck or injuries.. no longer such an amazing bench and B00M down they go :p:
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea 3 - 1 Arsenal

Sorry where are Arsenal fan's critical of Chelscum's academy? We're not renown for finding talent in England and developing players but were we do shine is finding foreign talent and developing it into quality.

--------------

(Original post by sarforaz)
Personally that is where i see the decline of Chelski.. sure they have the cash - but players with that kind of ability, at the top of the game have a love for the sport abd want to play at the end of the day..
players will become unhappy and leave.. especially before Euro 08 is my bet.. especially players such as SWP, Bridge etc.. and then Chelski either have bad luck or injuries.. no longer such an amazing bench and B00M down they go :p:
SWP has been the flop of the season. I bet he regrets not joining Arsenal now. Massive waste of talent.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Sorry where are Arsenal fan's critical of Chelscum's academy? We're not renown for finding talent in England and developing players but were we do shine is finding foreign talent and developing it into quality.

--------------

SWP has been the flop of the season. I bet he regrets not joining Arsenal now. Massive waste of talent.
Im sure hes enjoying the money? 60k a week for keeping the bench warm...
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Im sure hes enjoying the money? 60k a week for keeping the bench warm...
If he aint enjoying it at Chelsea then thats his own fault, he knew Chelsea was the only club who would pay that price for him and he jumped at the chance. He should have stayed at Man City for a bit longer because surely he wasn't going to expect week in week out footy at the bridge.

I think most recent chelsea signings are not as passionate about football because they know they will get big wages but not regular footy.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
SWP Must feel the biggest tit in the football world at the momment, from breaking into the england squad, to spending the time on the chelsea bench. Any ideas how many mins hes got this season? To be honest he deserves what he gets, he knew he wasnt going to get ahead of robben,duff and cole and he still went. If he was that bothered about his future development or even a world cup spot he'd of gone arsenal or liverpool people who value their youngsters.
This is what chelsea really annoy me the most, i can handle there arragance after we knock them out of champions league semi finals, damm i can even handle there cheating and buying of leagues. What i cant stand is how they are ruining the young talent. Jose is courting every single decent talent in england and throwing large amounts of money at them. I think Theo wont fall in the SWP trap, hell probably be off to arsenal as people slowly wake up to chelseas 'mercanarie' style squad. They buy, usually, un ambitious, money driven players which is why eto'o,adriano and co have subsequently avoided there grasps.
If chelsea continue to destroy the countrys homegrown talent, which they are doing to SWP now.. in a time when he needs to be nutured to his best ability hes taking part in little reserve matches etc., i think ill just give up. SWP.. one of englands most promising youngsters is dissepearing off the radar. Chelseas stubborness to loan out players is also very very irrating. Bridge,Johnson and co who are battling for places in england squads if they get regular games are being refused their chance as he doesnt want to fund other clubs.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
^^^agreed but in SWP's case he has ruined his prospects himself
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by esx77)
^^^agreed but in SWP's case he has ruined his prospects himself
Yes, but the lads only human. If i threw 60k at you i think youd be tempted to say the last. Although if the lad really loves playing free im sure he wouldnt mind taking a cut in that wage to come play for liverpool
Hell, id play for liverpool for free if i had to!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If SWP is good enough he'll make the team. I guess being in a mediocre side and shining doesn't mean you shine for a top club. Who knows. I thought SWP would instantly displace Duff though mind you.
Adzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Same old story a good player in an average team doesnt mean he will get a place in a good team.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As good as SWP, and I don't wish to sound arrogant, but wondered whether he'd be good for Chelsea or not. Standards expected of players at Chelsea are rising. SWP would probably have made the Chelsea side a few years back though. There's also the question of style and SWP, despite being a professional player earning some nice money, can't defend as great as he should. People say it's not his job to but if the manager asks for it you do it. Simple as.
Adzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ot of players seem to struggle when they make the 'big' move, Saha, SWP, Kewell etc. Like you say the expectation is much higher as is the role they are asked to play, its no longer good enough to be one dimentionial (sp)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (53)
19.34%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.9%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (54)
19.71%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (57)
20.8%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.12%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.12%

Watched Threads