Watch
This discussion is closed.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oneway)
Same old story a good player in an average team doesnt mean he will get a place in a good team.
So why did Jose pay a rip-off price for him? Crap management
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Because he can. Does £20m for Carvalho sound "cheap" to you? It certainly did to Mourinho. I'm not even going to comment on Parker, Tiago, Mutu, Veron, Geremi, Johnson, Drogba.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was reading the sports section in some crappy paper (the sun i think) and was about Chelski being snuffed by Walcott etc.. and then went on about money isnt everything in sports etc.. and some comment about Chelski offering 50mil for Henry :eek: probably all utter BS though..
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
I was reading the sports section in some crappy paper (the sun i think) and was about Chelski being snuffed by Walcott etc.. and then went on about money isnt everything in sports etc.. and some comment about Chelski offering 50mil for Henry :eek: probably all utter BS though..
  1. You shouldn't be buying The Sun
  2. Even if you didn't buy it yourself, you shouldn't believe a single word
  3. It's Chelsea's money, they can do what they want for all I care

We have a ridiculously tall team. There must only be Garcia, Zenden and Pongolle under 6'? :eek:

Crouch 6'7
Hyypia 6'4
Sissoko 6'3
Hamann 6'3
Traore 6'3
Kromkamp 6'2
Morientes 6'2
Agger 6'2
Reina 6'2
Carson 6'1
Carragher 6'1
Gerrard 6'1
Riise 6'0
Alonso 6'0
Cisse 6'0
Finnan 6'0
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Yeap you can not beleive everything you read in the tabloids. I believe Walcott did decide against Chelsea as he wanted first team play, although I am sure on the news tonight I heard he would be playing reserves.

As for coming to Chelsea I think he made the right decision, they have too many players at the moment and to further his career he would have been loaned out.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
As for coming to Chelsea I think he made the right decision, they have too many players at the moment and to further his career he would have been loaned out.
Henry or Walcott? ^o)
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Walcott silly.
jamieholmear
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
to be fair at the start of the season wright phillips was given a fair crack in the side, but was atrocious! peter crouch = good touch for a big man, SWP = bad touch for a small man!!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Crouch sux.
Adzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
possibly or maybe its the same old i dont really want him but definatly dont want you to have him.
hes a kid, has time yet

--------------

(Original post by TheWolf)
Crouch sux.
form speaks for itself tho.
if he dont play who does ?
i used to really hate liverpool but this last year they have gained my respect
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
everton are one nil up :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamieholmear)
to be fair at the start of the season wright phillips was given a fair crack in the side, but was atrocious! peter crouch = good touch for a big man, SWP = bad touch for a small man!!
Arguably there are other Chelsea players who are in a worse situation than SWP at the moment. Glen Johnson, Wayne Bridge (a regular for Southampton and had decent games for Chelsea prior to his injury suffered at Newcastle), Jonas Elmer (who had a decent pre-season against AC Milan) and Scott Sinclair (who played in the Football League at the age of 15) are players I'd wish had more first team football. Glen Johnson isn't exactly rated by many but on the same argument, if he had games he'd get better. Perhaps you can change him to a midfielder.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
everton are one nil up :eek:
Get in there! Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies, you fat pastie, it's James Beattie.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Get in there! Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies, you fat pastie, it's James Beattie.
:rofl: hehe hope it stays like that :ninja: :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually a little added weight can do you good. I brush of defenders quite easily you can't hack the physical side to the game. Then it becomes a 1 on 1 on the goalkeeper.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually a little added weight can do you good. I brush of defenders quite easily you can't hack the physical side to the game. Then it becomes a 1 on 1 on the goalkeeper.
and then ... :p:

so you're a striker? :bandit:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
so you're a striker? :bandit:
Or ahead of midfield like Gudjohnsen was last season. On 5 a side I tend to go in goal, can't keep on larger pitches as well. Too many people can't defend. :p:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Or ahead of midfield like Gudjohnsen was last season. On 5 a side I tend to go in goal, can't keep on larger pitches as well. Too many people can't defend. :p:
i hate playing in goal :eek: i agreee about the defending bit :p: i tend to foul the striker outside the box, before he can close on goal!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Most people hate going in goal though.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Most people hate going in goal though.
i hate it because i dont think im contributing to the game! and i'm not exactly tall :p:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.55%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.8%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.68%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.4%

Watched Threads