The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Woah there. I reckon we've as much chance as you, Juve, Real & Barca in the CL! We are pretty sexi in Europe don't forget!
Liverpool have certainly changed for the better and credit to them for that. If Arsenal face Liverpool in the CL it would be interesting and wouldn't be surprised to see a Liverpool victory.

(Original post by oneway)
and also possibly the best way into Europe, not gauranteed top 6 finish.
Correct. I'll still think they will finish in the top 6 but the top 4 isn't so guraranteed as I hear people say it is. Arsenal have to play Liverpool twice. Ironically, Chelsea could do Arsenal a favour should Chelsea beat Liverpool at Stamford Bridge though that will depend on the table standings.
Adzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I reckon they will finish top 6 too but its by no means a certainty, this would of at least given them another avenue into Europe should they need it.
Wigan however i think are now gauranteed Europe, as i expect Man Utd to beat Blackburn thus the European spot via the Carling cup will go to Wigan win or lose the final as Man Utd will go into The champs league.
Sure all Wigans fans wouldnt of dreamed of that this time last season.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Don't see how away goals rule is crap. Over both legs Wigan deserved to go through. Arsenal were so poor in the first leg that I fell asleep.
It's crap because Wigan get an extra 30 mins to score an away goal whilst Arsenal get an extra 30mins to play at home. But they arnt worth the same. It should be straight to penalties or a one off tie played at a neutral venue. It has nothing with who deserved to go through.

Arguably your only chance of silverware this season unless you think you can overhaul Chelsea by some 20+ points for the Premier League and/or knock out Real Madrid, Barcelona/Chelsea and possibly Juventus for the Champions League and then Chelsea and Liverpool still in contention for the FA Cup. :/
I really dont care about winning it, silverware or not. It reminds me of the old days when Arsenal used to want to win the Coca Cola Cup when we were half as good. I was embarrased and disappointed that Wenger stuck out a very strong team for it after all the kids got us there and they should play. I would rather the kids lost in the semis than the 1st team won the whole thing but none of them are going to happen now.

--------------

(Original post by oneway)
and also possibly the best way into Europe, not gauranteed top 6 finish.
If Arsenal dont finish top six I will support Chelsea. It cant and will never happen.
Shakuri
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
It's crap because Wigan get an extra 30 mins to score an away goal whilst Arsenal get an extra 30mins to play at home. But they arnt worth the same. It should be straight to penalties or a one off tie played at a neutral venue. It has nothing with who deserved to go through.

I really dont care about winning it, silverware or not. It reminds me of the old days when Arsenal used to want to win the Coca Cola Cup when we were half as good. I was embarrased and disappointed that Wenger stuck out a very strong team for it after all the kids got us there and they should play. I would rather the kids lost in the semis than the 1st team won the whole thing but none of them are going to happen now.

--------------

If Arsenal dont finish top six I will support Chelsea. It cant and will never happen.
so ure a glory hunter too then? or just stating that it wont happen so are willing to make such a ludacris bet? If so don't risk it, if they finish 7th (could happen, u got beat by everton :confused: ) You don't wanna be stuck supporting the Russians!
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by peterunitt)
so ure a glory hunter too then? or just stating that it wont happen so are willing to make such a ludacris bet? If so don't risk it, if they finish 7th (could happen, u got beat by everton :confused: ) You don't wanna be stuck supporting the Russians!
Not a glory hunter, not even a ludacris bet. There is no risk.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Silver/gold ball rule or straight to penalties? Or just one match and rid of two legs?

I was embarrased and disappointed that Wenger stuck out a very strong team for it after all the kids got us there and they should play. I would rather the kids lost in the semis than the 1st team won the whole thing but none of them are going to happen now.
Couldn't agree more.

Are you sure there's a typo somewhere?
Shakuri
Report 13 years ago
Not a glory hunter, not even a ludacris bet. There is no risk.
theres a very big risk if your loosing o Everton and co then that shows ure not a top 6 side.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i know there is a numpty in the charts called ludacris, but its ludicrous! :mad:
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Silver/gold ball rule or straight to penalties? Or just one match and rid of two legs?
Preferably a one off match at a neutral venue with ET and pens or 2 legs with away goals BUT only 90mins maximum in the 2nd leg if teams are tied and then penalties.

Are you sure there's a typo somewhere?
No typo
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was embarrased and disappointed that Wenger stuck out a very strong team for it after all the kids got us there and they should play. I would rather the kids lost in the semis than the 1st team won the whole thing but none of them are going to happen now.
One of the things that got me through the defeats at palace and burnley are that rafa went out and played the kids.
If arsenal finish outside the top six ill suck my own d*** on webcam
And liverpool are definetly in contention for the champs league again this season. Like raindance said, were the sexy team of europe latley and id be dissapointed with anything less than semi finals for the team.
Shakuri
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
i know there is a numpty in the charts called ludacris, but its ludicrous! :mad:
i'll speak how i like thankyou
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Wonder who United will play in the centre of the park *-)
Our only central midfielder left is Fletcher =S

It's gunna have to be a well attackin line up from United with hardly any protection for defence! ...If the tempo's high it should be a pretty high scoring game me reckons.
Shakuri
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Wonder who United will play in the centre of the park *-)
Our only central midfielder left is Fletcher =S

It's gunna have to be a well attackin line up from United with hardly any protection for defence! ...If the tempo's high it should be a pretty high scoring game me reckons.
Hope its a good game, dont wanna see Man U dominating either, altho they will most likely scrape thru.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
One of the things that got me through the defeats at palace and burnley are that rafa went out and played the kids.
If arsenal finish outside the top six ill suck my own d*** on webcam
And liverpool are definetly in contention for the champs league again this season. Like raindance said, were the sexy team of europe latley and id be dissapointed with anything less than semi finals for the team.
Dont know whats worse supporting Chelsea or 'suck my own d*** on webcam '? j/k
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Dont know whats worse supporting Chelsea or 'suck my own d*** on webcam '? j/k
Supporting chelsea, definetly
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sharpshooter)
Eh no if we get to the final I'll want us to win the Carling Cup considering we won nothing last year. It least it's something.
exactly

wigan are not going to be easy but i hope we win tonight!!!
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
1-0 already, van Nistelrooy. Need one more goal though and then we'll have it sorted.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
1-0 already, van Nistelrooy. Need one more goal though and then we'll have it sorted.
more than one more would be nice
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
more than one more would be nice
Oh that would be lovely, we need this Cup, and getting Wigan in the final gives us as much chance as we could hope for. I mean fair enough they're a good team, but whenever Arsenal play us they up their game sooo much so we've gotta be grateful its Wigan.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bugger 1-1
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (409)
43.7%
No (97)
10.36%
I'm not old enough (430)
45.94%

Watched Threads