The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What a boring match so far. I am surprised Arsenal hasn't scored yet. I am glad though. Come On Bolton!!
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arsenal look depleted. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost.
Left back defender looks unstable and i'm scepticle about Diaby. His shot looks woeful.

As for our attack; what attack?
We need another strong striker to partner Henry up front.
Van Persie & Reyes are like the Orlando Bloom of this world. Can't do a job on they're own. Need a supporting role.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
Arsenal look depleted. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost.
Left back defender looks unstable and i'm scepticle about Diaby. His shot looks woeful.

As for our attack; what attack?
We need another strong striker to partner Henry up front.
Van Persie & Reyes are like the Orlando Bloom of this world. Can't do a job on they're own. Need a supporting role.
We cant play 4-5-1 even with Henry upfront, it is complete crap. Reyes should push upfront. As for Senderos he isnt a left back but he done well enough.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Go Bolton!!! Big Sam for England Manager!!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:toofunny: Arsenal are out of the FA Cup!!!

It'll be Chelsea next :eek:
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Go Bolton!!! Big Sam for England Manager!!

aahhhhhhh shut up! :p:

Lets hope this 'transitional' stage doesn't last long.
I was looking forward to seeing Arsenal in a FA cup final. Not to be
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
What was it that the Arsenal fans chanted to Spurs two seasons ago? There's only one team in London? :rolleyes:
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:rofl: :flybye: :rofl:

Hopefully Everton will do the honours with Chelsea...
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Complete ****. We were disgraceful. 4-5-1 is complete *******s. As for Bolton..well I feel for anyone who supports them. Yes they get results but ive never seen such a boring team, its as if it doesnt matter how they play aslong as they get a result. It would be a travesty if that fat prick ever got appointed England manager. They think they are hard and call Arsenal soft? LOL they were diving all over the shot today.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
:rofl: :flybye: :rofl:

Hopefully Everton will do the honours with Chelsea...
Keep dreaming.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
What was it that the Arsenal fans chanted to Spurs two seasons ago? There's only one team in London? :rolleyes:
Lets not start thinking Spurs are it!
Even if Arsenal played dismally, they will finish above Tottenham. They won't let us down, and I really can't have a certain director of Spurs ramming it down my throat
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

To be honest, I was not feeling too confident today. Bolton recently have been doing quite well against Arsenal. I hopewe do come out of this transitional phase soon, cos it is frustrating!
Arsene said that this wasn't too important before. All I can say is that we'd better dowell in the Champions League now!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)

It'll be Chelsea next :eek:
dare i say hopefully :p: hehe

yep the arsenal game was not very good economist, but why did wenger not play with henry, pires etc?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
but why did wenger not play with henry, pires etc?
You can't keep on relying on certain individuals all the time I guess. I wonder if any of the regulars get fed up with having to play on the grounds that the others should be good enough to do it themselves? Just a thought.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can't keep on relying on certain individuals all the time I guess. I wonder if any of the regulars get fed up with having to play on the grounds that the others should be good enough to do it themselves? Just a thought.
Plus, it seemed that for some odd reason, Arsene wasn't as fussed about the FA Cup. In the future, players like Henry and Pires won't be around. Maybe Arsene is trying to make sure that the samemistake does not happen as with Viera where we had noone proper to replace him. Arsene is building for the future. Players like those who played today will be crucial later. This gave the chance for our up and coming team to play (as in those who will be there in the future)
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
dare i say hopefully :p: hehe

yep the arsenal game was not very good economist, but why did wenger not play with henry, pires etc?
Dont have a clue why to be honest, 'rested' apparently. Guess he wants to focus on ensuring we get a champions league spot and the champions league itself. That hasnt stopped us in the past. What annoys me is that we played Henry etc in the carling cup which we have always played the youth and never really been bothered about and then when it comes to one of our most successfull and important competitions we rest players. Unbelievable.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe Arsenal wouldnt be in this mess if some of those regulars had played like they can this season. If Arsenal actually knew how to defend I could see them in with a chance in Europe but I reckon it'll be trophyless for Arsene and co this year. IMO A team like Bayern, Milan or Juve would know how to just pick them apart I think and there's only so much one man (Henry) can do.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Maybe Arsenal wouldnt be in this mess if some of those regulars had played like they can this season. If Arsenal actually knew how to defend I could see them in with a chance in Europe but I reckon it'll be trophyless for Arsene and co this year. IMO A team like Bayern, Milan or Juve would know how to just pick them apart I think and there's only so much one man (Henry) can do.
I'd agree with that. Bayern certainly picked Arsenal apart last season and they will do so if Arsenal overcome Real Madrid. They really aren't helping our co-efficients...
Shakuri
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I'd agree with that. Bayern certainly picked Arsenal apart last season and they will do so if Arsenal overcome Real Madrid. They really aren't helping our co-efficients...
Its alrite , we'll make it up by winning agen.
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And man united participation this year has helped us loads to :cool:
Another place is almost guanteed for next season anyway, with 3 teams in the knockouts and still our champs league win.
If liverpool dont hit the semis ill be disapointed, only team i fear is barca possibly lyon.
Arsenal will distroy real madrid, can see it being one of those 'well just outscore you kind of games' sein as both have got absolutely *** all defence.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (59)
19.28%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
20.92%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.95%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (65)
21.24%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.13%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise