The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gilberto is pants. We need someone a bit tougher in that position.

As for the defence, I still think it's poorer than it's ever been.

Senderos had a good few games last year but has made frequent errors this year (most noteably Chelsea at the start of the season). He is however, the one hope in the defence of improving and learning a lot more.

Cygan is just another flimsy French defender. Complete and utter liability. Wenger has a taste for a bad Frenchman in the team. Cough *Grimandi* Cough.

Lauren is not much better either. How many errors this season? Chelsea springs to mind straight away - oh both goals. Did he get slaughtered?

Our new defender at left back against Bolton was disgraceful IMO and didn't know exactly where to stand half the match.

On there day, Toure, Cole, Cambell and Lauren would represent the best defence. Judge this lot against previous seasons defence, and I know what i'd rather.

Our defence needs changing. Everyone I know thinks Cygan should not even be in the Arsenal squad. The same people think that Boumsong shouldn't be playing for Newcastle. I just hope the manager is able to see that the team needs to work around a solid defence. Hopefully Kewon will instill a bit of agression and 'no shi*' attitude into our new defence. We need it.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
Gilberto is pants. We need someone a bit tougher in that position.

As for the defence, I still think it's poorer than it's ever been.

Senderos had a good few games last year but has made frequent errors this year (most noteably Chelsea at the start of the season). He is however, the one hope in the defence of improving and learning a lot more.

Cygan is just another flimsy French defender. Complete and utter liability. Wenger has a taste for a bad Frenchman in the team. Cough *Grimandi* Cough.

Lauren is not much better either. How many errors this season? Chelsea springs to mind straight away - oh both goals. Did he get slaughtered?

Our new defender at left back against Bolton was disgraceful IMO and didn't know exactly where to stand half the match.

On there day, Toure, Cole, Cambell and Lauren would represent the best defence. Judge this lot against previous seasons defence, and I know what i'd rather.

Our defence needs changing. Everyone I know thinks Cygan should not even be in the Arsenal squad. The same people think that Boumsong shouldn't be playing for Newcastle. I just hope the manager is able to see that the team needs to work around a solid defence. Hopefully Kewon will instill a bit of agression and 'no shi*' attitude into our new defence. We need it.
Senderos played left back against Bolton. He was ok but that isnt his natural position, not really his fault. Cygan is **** but thats always been the case.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
^ It wasn't Cygan that I was on about. I've forgot his name - black guy, quite young and a new recruit. (Not Gilbert). I just thought he was woeful, but the benefit of the doubt has to be given as it was one of his first games.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/4676472.stm

Rofl. Harsh but true.
ciderpeter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does that mean they think Bramble isnt doing to badly then??? Or is he just thought of as being ***** so he is living up to all expectations - so techinically is playing well? :confused:
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Rofl. Harsh but true.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
vBookie up for this weekend peeps
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
LOL I am sure they would. However we are still two games in front of the 'pool and that may cause a problem should Chelski slip a little. :eek:
Was a bad week for liverpool to slip up this week, with arsenal,spurs and man u gettin beat and chelsea droppin points we just had to score an own goal in 88th min didnt we. I can see us giving arsenal a real go for it at anfield, their away form has been dreadful and defence is leaking goals while our strikers couldnt hit water if they jumped out of a boat. Can make for an intresting game!
Fowler hatrick in 4 mins anyone?
Sol has been dreadful latley, had his weakness' brutaly exposed against strikers with a bti of strength and pace. Beatie,Roberts and reo-coker(SP?) in 3 games. This was always going to be a transition period for arsenal, great it came as we are getting better. Think you and spurs are going to be battling it out for 4th come end of season with liverpool wrappin up 2nd place come 2 games left.
Adzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A bit of inside gossip for you No idea if its true but its what i have been told.

Big Sol has been caught in acompromising situation with Will Young!!!!
It will be leaked to the tabloids this weekend.
Arsenal have been trying to block the stories.

Watch this space i guess
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Was a bad week for liverpool to slip up this week, with arsenal,spurs and man u gettin beat and chelsea droppin points we just had to score an own goal in 88th min didnt we. I can see us giving arsenal a real go for it at anfield, their away form has been dreadful and defence is leaking goals while our strikers couldnt hit water if they jumped out of a boat. Can make for an intresting game!
Fowler hatrick in 4 mins anyone?
Sol has been dreadful latley, had his weakness' brutaly exposed against strikers with a bti of strength and pace. Beatie,Roberts and reo-coker(SP?) in 3 games. This was always going to be a transition period for arsenal, great it came as we are getting better. Think you and spurs are going to be battling it out for 4th come end of season with liverpool wrappin up 2nd place come 2 games left.
It would be nice if Gerrard becomes our 12th man again.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)

Rofl. Harsh but true.
that made me laugh :p: where does souness go from here? :p:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Would probably equal out (the great disappearing trick of) Lampard. ^o)
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Youll certainly need it
Wonder if therell be another terry catch special this game. And what the odds are on us actually getting a decision against you.how many pens have you conceded btw?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Youll certainly need it
Wonder if therell be another terry catch special this game. And what the odds are on us actually getting a decision against you.how many pens have you conceded btw?
Surely that'd make him the 13th?
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rainy)
Surely that'd make him the 13th?
dont confuse me eh
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Scored two goals yesterday. Little bit extra and a hat-trick would have been mine. :eek: Oh well, score was 10-1 anyway.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oneway)
A bit of inside gossip for you No idea if its true but its what i have been told.

Big Sol has been caught in acompromising situation with Will Young!!!!
It will be leaked to the tabloids this weekend.
Arsenal have been trying to block the stories.

Watch this space i guess
I don't think Will Young is involved here!

But the News of the World are possibly going to run with a story about Campbell's sexuality, as well as Jermaine Jenas too! :eek:
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
I don't think Will Young is involved here!

But the News of the World are possibly going to run with a story about Campbell's sexuality, as well as Jermaine Jenas too! :eek:
Oh yes, that great newspaper of truth called the NOTW. Cambell was exposed as having 3 GFs last week so how they manage this one is beyond me.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Amazing penalty shootout Cameroon vs Ivory Coast. 11 consecutive penalties scored by each team then Eto'o skies his and Drogba slots home to send Ivory Coast into the semi-finals. 12-11 final score after it finished 1-1 after extra time.
Adzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Great results for Villa today

News of The World print what they want to get people to buy it, true or not
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.55%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.8%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.68%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.4%

Watched Threads