DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
It appears Lua Lua's son has died......

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball....cle.asp?a=9111

Apparently it happened on the 20th and he only just found out since Congo decided to withhold it from him. If thats true thats ****ing disgraceful
Read that aswell. F***ing out of order that, they decided to withold it so he wouldnt lose concertration.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
It appears Lua Lua's son has died......

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball....cle.asp?a=9111

Apparently it happened on the 20th and he only just found out since Congo decided to withhold it from him. If thats true thats ****ing disgraceful
True it is disgraceful. But it was him that was receiving death threats from people saying they'd kill him if he failed to represent his country, and if he had found out his son had died he would have naturally left the Congo team, and his own life may have been put in danger. I'm not agreeing with the actions of the Congo government, but just offering another possible reason.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Did Reina go in with a two-footed tackle? If so I thought those were outlawed whether you got the ball or not. And those who call Robben a cheat, are you saying that he broke a rule with his theatrical overreaction after contact, albeit very little, was made from Reina? I know there's the simulation rule but I was under the impression that was trying to con the referee that a foul took place which never existed. There might be a "gentleman's" rule that I've forgotten about though. :confused:
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Did Reina go in with a two-footed tackle? If so I thought those were outlawed whether you got the ball or not. And those who call Robben a cheat, are you saying that he broke a rule with his theatrical overreaction after contact, albeit very little, was made from Reina? I know there's the simulation rule but I was under the impression that was trying to con the referee that a foul took place which never existed. There might be a "gentleman's" rule that I've forgotten about though. :confused:
I know were your coming from mate but..
1) reinas tackle was not two footed, it was very wreckless though as it was a swipe from the side. He got the ball first time and then took the man. Although essien swears by the rule that two footed challenges are fine if you nearly end a career.
2) Robben is a cheat because he over reacted the push with the specific purpose of getting reina sent off. Any man who tries to get a palyer sent off on purpose is a scumbag.
Another side note though, why was no action taken against the 4 chelsea players who surrounded reina pushing, shouting and grabbing him after the incident. i didnt see anyone talked to, warned or carded. Reinas self control not to knock fat frank on his lazy cushioned ass was amazing
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
reina could knock anyone* out, he's nearly as good as chuck norris. I mean look how Robben went down in sheer agony from such a weak push on the face, Chuck Norris would be proud of that but nobody is better than Chuck Norris so he ain't.

* not chuck norris
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
reina could knock anyone* out, he's nearly as good as chuck norris. I mean look how Robben went down in sheer agony from such a weak push on the face, Chuck Norris would be proud of that but nobody is better than Chuck Norris so he ain't.

* not chuck norris
Seen how far he can punch the ball? a punch of him would knock your head clean off!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Seen how far he can punch the ball? a punch of him would knock your head clean off!
maybe since he's much fatter than me but he'd get murdered by Chuck Norris!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know were your coming from mate but..
1) reinas tackle was not two footed, it was very wreckless though as it was a swipe from the side. He got the ball first time and then took the man. Although essien swears by the rule that two footed challenges are fine if you nearly end a career.
True but you can still get booked for something like that despite getting the ball first because it endangers your opponent. Scott Parker is usually yellow carded for this from what I've seen despite getting the ball first.

2) Robben is a cheat because he over reacted the push with the specific purpose of getting reina sent off. Any man who tries to get a palyer sent off on purpose is a scumbag.
They may be a scumbag for overreacting to a foul but Robben's not the only one. Look at Robby Savage...
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
True but you can still get booked for something like that despite getting the ball first because it endangers your opponent. Scott Parker is usually yellow carded for this from what I've seen despite getting the ball first.

They may be a scumbag for overreacting to a foul but Robben's not the only one. Look at Robby Savage...
Im aware of both points, reina was worthy of a yellow card, and a yellow card for the push. So the red card was the correct result Just the over reacting is dreadful.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yep. Drama school. :eek:

Mind you, some of us should be used to from watching La Liga.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The tackle on Gudjohnsen should have been a yellow, i think. But it wouldn't have got that far if the linesman had noticed Eidur's hand knock the ball away from the outrushing Reina.
Apparently raising your hand like that isn't actually an automatic red card offence, it isn't classed as violent conduct unless the ref considers it violent, which, assuming he saw it clearly through the Chelsea players that had surrounded him, he did.
Funny how Gallas was just standing next to Reina looking around until Terry came in shouting at him. Then he started pushing and shouting at Reina too.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wonder if Crespo's disallowed goal (his chip) had affected Reina. :confused:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=183082006 Nice article. Liked the bit about Mick McCarthy.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think we should see how Robben acts after a Duncan Ferguson punch.

You kow that incident still cracks me up

And anyway, even as an Arsenal fan, Jens Lehman has to be the most violent keeper in the Premiership. That man needs anger management :eek:
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wonder if Crespo's disallowed goal (his chip) had affected Reina. :confused:
Probably not, it was just pure frustration. I feel sorry for Crespo though - he has loads of goals ruled out for offside this season when most of them are onside.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
Crespo's a class player, just a shame it seems that his heart isn't really set on the Premiership.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
Probably not, it was just pure frustration. I feel sorry for Crespo though - he has loads of goals ruled out for offside this season when most of them are onside.
Yeah. Take that into account and chances he would usually bury plus taking penalties I swear he'd get 20+ a season in the league. Why does he get flagged for offside all these times and a certain Man Utd player doesn't beats me...
SideView
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah. Take that into account and chances he would usually bury plus taking penalties I swear he'd get 20+ a season in the league. Why does he get flagged for offside all these times and a certain Man Utd player doesn't beats me...
well YOU should know!!! bein crespo.... i think hes been very loyal to chelsea ... hes should definatly be a first choice player
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Okay peeps next weeks matches are up and posted as are the following weeks champions league matches.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
well YOU should know!!! bein crespo.... i think hes been very loyal to chelsea ... hes should definatly be a first choice player
Time for 4-4-2 me thinks, especially against Barcelona. They will be expecting 4-3-3.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.01%
No (66)
11.4%
I'm not old enough (235)
40.59%

Watched Threads