The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
cksjohns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't find this Madrid result on BBC or SkySports websites? Was it a friendly or something!?
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cksjohns)
I can't find this Madrid result on BBC or SkySports websites? Was it a friendly or something!?
Semi final 1st leg of the Spanish Cup so it could get even worse for Madrid.

The manager thought he could drop in form players like woodgate and cicinho and thought it was going to be an easy ride.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Fairly good result today. Shame we let in yet another goal. Full credit to Everton though.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Rainy)
Suppose there's always a silver lining? Should take a cut, the only ones who turned up were Alonso, Momo, Kewell (eh?) and Cisse (you what?). The rest were a disgrace.
Our midfield played when then basically?

Shame none of those you mentioned actually put in a meaningful attacking contribution and couldn't string 3 passess together all night.

Woeful.
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Liverpool always struggle to score without Steven Gerrard. Your strikers are all out of form and until they start scoring it is going to be a tough task to finish second.

Real Madrid are a joke of a club and I fancy Arsenal to beat them
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mithun)
Liverpool always struggle to score without Steven Gerrard. Your strikers are all out of form and until they start scoring it is going to be a tough task to finish second.

Real Madrid are a joke of a club and I fancy Arsenal to beat them
I can only pray
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mithun)
We strugle to score with gerrard or not, these past few games have highlighted glaring errors in the squad which we have to change before we can seriously challenge for the title. 4 times in 4 game swe have been punished for not being able to kill of a game. We controlled man united, and were woeful infront of the net, we controlled the first half of chelsea and were woeful again, we should of finished off b'ham when they went down to 10 men but we folded and we should of used our vast possesion last night to hit the back of the net. There needs to be plenty of changes upfront, robbie fowler is not a long term replacement meerly a gap stop. Cisse's attitude is terrible but playing on the right doesnt help, Nando is woeful? and crouch looks sloppy of late. The zonal marking is falling to pieces and needs to be tightened up again.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Our midfield played when then basically?

Shame none of those you mentioned actually put in a meaningful attacking contribution and couldn't string 3 passess together all night.

Woeful.
Momo, on the ball, was atrocious, Alonso failed to zero in. At least they turned up though; Sissoko (who needs a rest) was flying in everywhere, and Xabi (who needs a rest) presented himself for the ball every time. I thought both of our wingers were decent outlets; it does reflects negatively on them when our strikers fail to convert. At the end of the day, our players are knackered, and the schedule ahead looks pretty daunting. We need to make use of the squad, and dearly need to stay free of the usual array of injuries and suspensions.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Rainy)
Momo, on the ball, was atrocious, Alonso failed to zero in. At least they turned up though; Sissoko (who needs a rest) was flying in everywhere, and Xabi (who needs a rest) presented himself for the ball every time. I thought both of our wingers were decent outlets; it does reflects negatively on them when our strikers fail to convert. At the end of the day, our players are knackered, and the schedule ahead looks pretty daunting. We need to make use of the squad, and dearly need to stay free of the usual array of injuries and suspensions.
They did present themselves with the ball but too often did absolutely nowt with it. Morientes spent the 2nd half trying to win balls hoofed up to him, Crouch the same after the first 30mins. The whole team is playing poorly, not just the forwards who are getting all the flak.

We have barely created more than 1 chance per game in the last 2 weeks, not good enough
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I see Egypt won the African Nations Cup on penalties, Didier Drogba missed his (what a shame )
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
I see Egypt won the African Nations Cup on penalties, Didier Drogba missed his (what a shame )
im actually quite pleased that Egypt won :p: Drogba had the best chance of the game...... and he missed :eek:

the ref was a bit of a twit though!!
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
im actually quite pleased that Egypt won :p: Drogba had the best chance of the game...... and he missed :eek:

the ref was a bit of a twit though!!
Any chance that Drogba misses is a great day lol

There was an article on the BBC website going on about how the referee has been banned from several tournaments for various offences, so he was always a dodgy one.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by RS Florent Pongolle)
I'm closer to Everton fans

By DAVID FACEY

LIVERPOOL star Florent Sinama-Pongolle has committed the ultimate sin — by saying he loves Everton fans!

Pongolle goes to Goodison today with Blackburn, where he is on loan from the Kop outfit until the end of the season.

And the French striker revealed: “I have been here three years and always when I go out in Liverpool I meet Everton fans. Everywhere I go, everyone I meet is an Everton fan.

The bigger part of people in Liverpool are Everton fans. Liverpool fans come from everywhere in the world.

"When you go to Goodison it is only Liverpool people.

“The Everton people I met would always talk to me, mostly about the derby.

Those fans are good to me. We speak and joke. They love it. That is why I love English football.

"I expect a warm reception today. It’s a big game for me. Last season I started against them for Liverpool. If I can start again and score it will be important to me — and maybe, just a little sad.”

Pongolle, 21, knew he had to leave Anfield.

He explained: “When you have Cisse, Morientes, Crouch, Fowler and me, it’s hard. I don’t want to be there at the moment, because it’s not easy for me to make an impression.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...060819,00.html

Nice one son!
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...060819,00.html

Nice one son!
He so obviously wants to cross the park for some reason.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The sun.. the source of utter ********. And oblivious im supirsed you, an evertonian takes anything that rag says for the truth
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
Any chance that Drogba misses is a great day lol

There was an article on the BBC website going on about how the referee has been banned from several tournaments for various offences, so he was always a dodgy one.
indeed it is I was rooting for egypt :ninja: :p:

the ref seemed to blow his whistle every few seconds!!:yy:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
The sun.. the source of utter ********. And oblivious im supirsed you, an evertonian takes anything that rag says for the truth
To be honest it probably is true, I'd be so pissed off that I'd talk to the sun if cisse was above me in the pecking order .
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Everton's 3rd choice keeper, Iain Turner, sent off after 12 minutes of his debut against Blackburn.

4th choice keeper, John Ruddy, comes on for his debut.

1 keeper for the next month for us... Dear me.
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i bet we lose Ruddy next match and then the other youth team goalie and then kilbane will have to play
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
beattie! Beattie! Beattie! Beattie!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (8)
53.33%
No (4)
26.67%
I'm not old enough (3)
20%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise