The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
oblivious, shall i dig up the "moysey out" posts from a month or so back, and dan and oblivious, do you really want europe again so soon after the effect it had on you at the start of this season?
No, we don't want Europe again..

What sort of stupid question is that?

Top of the form league, 5 points behind the Arsenal.. suddenly everything is looking positive again - just need to maintain our form and Europe might possibly be a possibility this season after our horrendous first half of the season.

Well done Moyesy!
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
No, we don't want Europe again..

What sort of stupid question is that?

Top of the form league, 5 points behind the Arsenal.. suddenly everything is looking positive again - just need to maintain our form and Europe might possibly be a possibility this season after our horrendous first half of the season.

Well done Moyesy!
well, obviously you do want europe again. any club would. but the effect of that immense euro run was horrendous.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Rather take a defeat now rather than later on in February. Besides, Man Utd lost 5-0 in the season that they won the treble.
You'll win the league anyway, but it is nice to know that you're beatable in some of the "smaller" games too
Бербато&
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rather take a defeat now rather than later on in February. Besides, Man Utd lost 5-0 in the season that they won the treble.
I thought it was in the season after the trreble. They won the treble in 1998/1999, but then they lost 5-0 to Chelsea in the autumn of the 1999/2000season
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bushboy)
I thought it was in the season after the trreble. They won the treble in 1998/1999, but then they lost 5-0 to Chelsea in the autumn of the 1999/2000season
But they still won the league then didn't they? Same goes for when Man Utd got a thrashing from Newcastle.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
Nice to see Newcastle winning games again just wouldnt be right getting relegated.....
I disagree! The Newcastle board are a bunch of idiots! As much as I dislike the man Souness didnt deserve to be sacked (at that point), their poor run of ofrm was due to injuries which were really out of his hands. Roeder hasn't done much to the team that Souness fielded except for a couple of changes at the back and in mid-field. The Newcastle board need to be shown that they can't make stupid decisions just to keep the fans sweet, their biggest mistake was sacking Bobby... Newcastle for the chop I say!!!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I swear, if Spurs finish on top of Arsenal at the end of the season, I will cry. I am still clinging onto some hope that we'll finish at least 4th. I doubt we'll get 2nd this time
I'd be physically sick... but their only 4 pts ahead, and we have a game in hand, it can be done, I'd just like to get some real defenders on the pitch.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Newcastle's poor run of form was also due to their cack centre backs, their cack first choice centre backs, their cack centre backs that Souness was unimpeded in choosing.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
was newcastle's signing of craig moore an illusion? or is it cos he's crap and has never played for them
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I'd be physically sick... but their only 4 pts ahead, and we have a game in hand, it can be done, I'd just like to get some real defenders on the pitch.
Don't worry - Spurs are still kidding themselves.
Saturday 22nd April 06 is now a match that matters.

That fixture will be on par with the Arsenal / Man Utd matches over the last few years in regards to emotion. I can't wait
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I disagree! The Newcastle board are a bunch of idiots! As much as I dislike the man Souness didnt deserve to be sacked (at that point), their poor run of ofrm was due to injuries which were really out of his hands. Roeder hasn't done much to the team that Souness fielded except for a couple of changes at the back and in mid-field. The Newcastle board need to be shown that they can't make stupid decisions just to keep the fans sweet, their biggest mistake was sacking Bobby... Newcastle for the chop I say!!!
Dont be so bloody foolish, its all souness' fault they couldn string 4 passes and a tackle together. Was his crap transfers, and his crap motivational skills that ruin the club. Also his stubborness not to change his centre backs, for gods sake anyone can see they are terrible. The man deserved to go, he self destructed liverpool and he just worsened off newcastle. Hes a crap manager, who was a great player. Please dont blame injuries either, Liverpool had it bad injury wise last season, i didnt hear rafa open his mouth and blame them once. for the amount of money he spent in the summer he should have back up.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Did Flamini escape a card for an attempted two-footed tackle in the Bolton match?
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Did Flamini escape a card for an attempted two-footed tackle in the Bolton match?
Yes, stupid attempt at a tackle. Very very lucky to get away with it.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I never saw that match.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
totenham didnt play well today, should have watched the city game instead :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Spurs will be kicking themselves. Forth place could go straight to the wire.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Spurs will be kicking themselves. Forth place could go straight to the wire.
they didnt create much in the first half, sunderland seemed to create more chances and make better use of possession. i'm kicking them aswell :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes you would be kicking them. In fact, won't we both be wanting Spurs for 4th place?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes you would be kicking them. In fact, won't we both be wanting Spurs for 4th place?
Yep, I think we would hehe

but what are the chances of the happening
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Who knows. Who would have thought Everton last season, having escaped relegation the season before, achieve 4th spot?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)