The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
You didnt deserve to win because we had a perfect legitimate goal ruled out for offside or are you forgetting that?
Sour grapes mate? you sound like jose mourhino all over again. We deserved to win for a number of reasons. Firstly, you came to anfield in the most negative way ive seen arsenal aproach a game at anfield, very happy to settle for a point from kick off to finish. Secondly, chances wise we were all over you. We controlled the game from kick off to finish. Wrong decisions are just part of the game, your not the only side to of lost a game to one.
Your arsenal side did not even deserve a point, it was a poor and half hearted display.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I should hate to think what the most attacking team in the league in top gear would have done to Arsenal on that night. :eek:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yea.. should be interesting..
or perhaps Arsenal can go up a gear when the pressure is on?
(woo 1000th post?)
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Match for tonight

Blackburn v Sunderland, is up. Sorry its late.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Sour grapes mate? you sound like jose mourhino all over again. We deserved to win for a number of reasons. Firstly, you came to anfield in the most negative way ive seen arsenal aproach a game at anfield, very happy to settle for a point from kick off to finish. Secondly, chances wise we were all over you. We controlled the game from kick off to finish. Wrong decisions are just part of the game, your not the only side to of lost a game to one.
Your arsenal side did not even deserve a point, it was a poor and half hearted display.
No sour grapes, just pointing out the facts. We were awful, possibly the worst display I have ever seen from us. It was like Liverpool were playing like Arsenal playing a bottom half team, dominating possession, creating chances. Based on the fact that we had a perfect goal ruled out I do believe we deserved to draw. It reminds me of England against Portugal. A perfectly legitimate goal ruled out even though they pissed all over us we deserved to win.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
No sour grapes, just pointing out the facts. We were awful, possibly the worst display I have ever seen from us. It was like Liverpool were playing like Arsenal playing a bottom half team, dominating possession, creating chances. Based on the fact that we had a perfect goal ruled out I do believe we deserved to draw. It reminds me of England against Portugal. A perfectly legitimate goal ruled out even though they pissed all over us we deserved to win.
Okay fair enough, personally i think we deserved the win and only poor finishing and great keeping saved you from a horrid scoreline. Well agree to disagree though.
Jammyjames007
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Just cos you had a good goal ruled out doesnt mean that you deserved the draw. A draw would have been harsh on Liverpool, they deserved the win and would have been rightly aggrieved had they not got it.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jammyjames007)
Just cos you had a good goal ruled out doesnt mean that you deserved the draw. A draw would have been harsh on Liverpool, they deserved the win and would have been rightly aggrieved had they not got it.
How about I put it like this....Arsenal deserved to win because Lehmann got MOTM and was the best player on the pitch. What you and everyone else is talking about is that Liverpool deserved to win on the balance of play which is true but they didnt deserve to win when you factor in other decisions such as a goal ruled out which shouldnt have been.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nice to see Ranieri wants to work back in England.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
meh, the portugese referee in boltons game, was a disgrace!!! i think he'd left his contacts at home. the game wasnt particluarly entertaining, but the ref didnt help!!

stelios had a great chance in the last few minutes but he couldnt even get his header on target!!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They should beat Marseille still.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
They should beat Marseille still.
i hope they do, but a draw will be ok for bolton.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
i hope they do, but a draw will be ok for bolton.
Well, a score draw will put Bolton through if that's what you mean.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, a score draw will put Bolton through if that's what you mean.
heh yep :p:

why did ranieri get sacked at valencia??
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
heh yep :p:

why did ranieri get sacked at valencia??
They didnt qualify for champs league, got knocked out of champs league at grouyp stage. Had a generally poor season. Ruined rafas hard work
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They didnt qualify for champs league, got knocked out of champs league at grouyp stage. Had a generally poor season. Ruined rafas hard work
well he cant ruin any hard work at newcastle :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not quite true. Valencia were on the downward slopes anyway.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not quite true. Valencia were on the downward slopes anyway.
Just won the double when rafa left and he took over.. on the downslope indeed :confused:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just won the double when rafa left and he took over.. on the downslope indeed :confused:
Won the league when they could. I don't see how Valencia's downfull and be completely contributed to Ranieri, otherwise, arguably, it would have happened to Chelsea with him. Perhaps some managers are better off with certain clubs?
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Perhaps some managers are better off with certain clubs?
Definetly, look at lyon and houiller. Defensive football what? Such a change from his liverpool tactics
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (254)
48.75%
No (57)
10.94%
I'm not old enough (210)
40.31%

Watched Threads