The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Strachan at Southampton was good, go to Coventry and he's bad.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Regarding the state of Chelsea's pitch:

Silvinho, the club's former Arsenal full back, had no wish to inflame the situation further but confirmed that Chelsea's poor pitch was the talk of the Barcelona dressing-room. "I played two years in England and got used to this," the Brazil defender said. "I've heard that the conditions of their pitch are even worse than they used to be. It doesn't surprise me because it's always cold in England and they don't stop at Christmas. I'm not going to say they've done it because they're playing us, but that is the culture in English football.
So if Barca are good as they are, they will cope just like Chelsea are. If Chelsea win people will say it's the pitch, if they don't then they will say the plan backfired. Remember, Chelsea beat them last year on a decent surface and are probably better this season compared to last - although I do wonder about their defence.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Regarding the state of Chelsea's pitch:

So if Barca are good as they are, they will cope just like Chelsea are. If Chelsea win people will say it's the pitch, if they don't then they will say the plan backfired. Remember, Chelsea beat them last year on a decent surface and are probably better this season compared to last - although I do wonder about their defence.
Ok, whose game suits playing on a subsiding, mole infested, Sunday-league field better? Exactly.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i don't fancy barca's chances against hoof ball chelsea to drogba at stamford bridge
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Drogba might not playing. Don't need him. Crespo is good enough.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Drogba might not playing. Don't need him. Crespo is good enough.
Crespo is much better than Drogba, a clinical finisher.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Which is what Chelsea need against Barca. I don't know if you saw Chelsea's replay match against Everton but I saw the clinical style involving Gudjohnsen, Robben and Crespo and it was something I've been wanting for months on end.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ARSENAL’S Cesc Fabregas last night told Chelsea: You’re so boring, you send me to sleep.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...070763,00.html

Classic
filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
You didnt deserve to win because we had a perfect legitimate goal ruled out for offside or are you forgetting that?
So a disallowed goal means you deserved to win?

I think you've forgotten what 'deserve' means dude.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jusfarhan)
So a disallowed goal means you deserved to win?

I think you've forgotten what 'deserve' means dude.
No it means that you didnt deserve to win. For every bit of skill from Liverpool and every decent shot it was matched by skill from Lehmann. But we had a goal ruled out which was down to the skill of us but wiped out because of the linesman. Deserving to win isnt just based on the balance of play, you have to consider crucial decisions as well.

England deserved to beat Portugal at Euro 04 since we had a perfect legitimate goal ruled out. It doesnt matter if Portugal absolutely dominated us since they didnt score.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ARSENAL’S Cesc Fabregas last night told Chelsea: You’re so boring, you send me to sleep.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...070763,00.html

Classic
Nice to see that you're quoting from a reliable source. :rolleyes: Don't tell me, it's also on Vitalfootball and tribalfootball too isn't it? :rolleyes:

Is the same 'article' on sportinglife.com, football365.com, reuters.co.uk, or other sites like them?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No it means that you didnt deserve to win. For every bit of skill from Liverpool and every decent shot it was matched by skill from Lehmann. But we had a goal ruled out which was down to the skill of us but wiped out because of the linesman. Deserving to win isnt just based on the balance of play, you have to consider crucial decisions as well.

England deserved to beat Portugal at Euro 04 since we had a perfect legitimate goal ruled out. It doesnt matter if Portugal absolutely dominated us since they didnt score.
So Argentina deserved to beat England not so long ago I take it?
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
Corners:
Liverpool 13
Arsenal 1

Goal Attempts:
Liverpool 22
Arsenal 7

On Target:
Liverpool 9
Arsenal 3

Source
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rainy, you deserved to win. There, that's from a neutral.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
Rainy, you deserved to win. There, that's from a neutral.
If you can keep Arsenal pinned down and rarely out of their own half, you deserve to win. The most fluid, attacking team in the Premiership got taught a lesson in sustained pressure and domination. I respect Arsenal, I love watching their style of play, but they were deservedly beaten and could not answer us.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Rainy)
If you can keep Arsenal pinned down and rarely out of their own half, you deserve to win.
You copied us. Like they entered the Chelsea's half for about 5 seconds and that only happened twice and they got a fluky breakaway but to no avail. Could have been 1-0 up with only a minute elapsed. Now that would have been great for the reactions. :p:
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Rainy)
Corners:
Liverpool 13
Arsenal 1

Goal Attempts:
Liverpool 22
Arsenal 7

On Target:
Liverpool 9
Arsenal 3

Source
Stats speak for everything im afraid. The stats just show the sheer pressure we put on the best flowing attacking unit in the premership. it was a fantastic performance by liverpool, tis a shame some arsenal fans cant wake up to the fact they deserved a loss.
Putting it simply..Would you of been happy with a point Economist? I think any arsenal fan would of been. Were as if we had got a point id of felt hard done by. Much a change in events eh.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Spurs to pip Arsenal to 4th place?
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Stats speak for everything im afraid. The stats just show the sheer pressure we put on the best flowing attacking unit in the premership. it was a fantastic performance by liverpool, tis a shame some arsenal fans cant wake up to the fact they deserved a loss.
Putting it simply..Would you of been happy with a point Economist? I think any arsenal fan would of been. Were as if we had got a point id of felt hard done by. Much a change in events eh.
I'm not a fan of stats, I prefer citing the game itself, but they do illustrate the differences. What they don't show is the dominance of our midfield. Was boys vs. men in the middle of the park. The picture tells its own story.

NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Haha Francesca Fabregas getting pwned!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (180)
18.81%
Labour (490)
51.2%
Liberal Democrats (129)
13.48%
Green Party (55)
5.75%
Brexit Party (15)
1.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.42%
SNP (15)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.63%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)