The Student Room Group
Reply 32860
NDGAARONDI
Haha Francesca Fabregas getting pwned!

Exactly, and Xabi's not the sort to drive and run through players. I'm half glad he's out of the Manc match, he's been in need of a rest recently, and Didi's looked good. But really, Gilberto is no Maka/Didi.
Rainy
Corners:
Liverpool 13
Arsenal 1

Goal Attempts:
Liverpool 22
Arsenal 7

On Target:
Liverpool 9
Arsenal 3

Source

Nobody seems to read what im saying. Im not disputing that Liverpool deserved to win if you only consider the balance of play. But that doesnt mean they deserved to win overall. You seem to completely neglect that we had a goal ruled out that would have put us 1-0 up and a different game.

Another example:
Team 1 has 100 shots, Team 2 keeper makes 100 saves
Team 2 has 0 shots but has 5 goals ruled out for offside even though they were onside.

Now in my opinion team 2 deserves to win because they actually managed to score but because of the officials only got a draw. Hopefully the extreme nature will make you understand or will you all just come back saying that Liverpool deserved to win if you only consider the balance of play?
Reply 32862
Economist
Nobody seems to read what im saying.

Because you're talking *****. Sorry to say. I havent got a clue what your point is. That was the worst Arsenal performance I've seen for years, apart from the keeper the whole team was woeful and you deserved nothing for a mediocre, lethargic and abject display. The off side decision WAS wrong but **** happens.
kpg
Because you're talking *****. Sorry to say. I havent got a clue what your point is. That was the worst Arsenal performance I've seen for years, apart from the keeper the whole team was woeful and you deserved nothing for a mediocre, lethargic and abject display. The off side decision WAS wrong but **** happens.

Nope another person seems to miss the point completely
Economist
Nope another person seems to miss the point completely

Yer, maybe a offical error did stop you grabbing a point but..
Once again think about it this way..
Would a arsenal fan of bin happy walking off with a point from anfield on a display like that? i think yes..
And would a liverpool fan of felt hard dun by with anything else than a win? yes

To me that tells the story
Economist, are you saying that England did not deserve their win against Argentina not so long ago? Crespo did have his first 'goal' ruled as offside incorrectly.
NDGAARONDI
Economist, are you saying that England did not deserve their win against Argentina not so long ago? Crespo did have his first 'goal' ruled as offside incorrectly.

Correct
At least that is consistent.
If he hadn't been flagged offside, and had scored the goal, would that have guaranteed victory for Arsenal? Even if he had scored and it finished one nil but we dominated like we did, only being held off by Lehmann, would you say that Arsenal deserved that win? I'd say no.
That's certainly an argument. Same could be said of the Arsenal v Chelsea game.
jamlan
If he hadn't been flagged offside, and had scored the goal, would that have guaranteed victory for Arsenal? Even if he had scored and it finished one nil but we dominated like we did, only being held off by Lehmann, would you say that Arsenal deserved that win? I'd say no.
That's a great way of putting it.

If Arsenal did get their goal.. Victory was never certain for them because we were dominating. Hence, they didn't deserve to win because;

a) We played so well
b) They played so crap
jamlan

No if the match had been the same then I dont think we would have deserved to win. I'm not saying you discard the balance of play but its not the only thing you should you should consider when determining who 'deserved' to win.
:bawling:
Crouch! :biggrin:
It's very impressive, Finnan should've scored and the first 45 mins, Gerrad hasnt been having to play as the team :p: been fairly quiet except for those amazing balls in :wink:
Might be a Liverpool v Chelsea final. :eek:
Might be another Liverpool cup win :biggrin:
We'll take that for the CL then. :biggrin:
Reply 32878
Bloody hell, Vidic really is appalling. As is that Scummer midfield - Fletcher running into the back of Hamann and falling straight over was actually the funniest thing ever. Btw, we won it 5 times! :wink:
Well done to Liverpool. See you in the final probably.

Latest