The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
filastini
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know what's meant to be 'right' or wrong, but Chelsea are ruining football and I just do not like to see them win. They're running away with the league again and it just does not seem right. If it was them and a foreign team in the CL final.. I'd go with the other team.

If it was Manure, I'd go with the other team.. Simply because I hate them. And that's not so unusual, none of them were cheering us on on the 25th of May. Well atleast not the majority.

As for Arsenal, I back them all the way. I love watching them play and I respect them.

I think views sorta change if 'the other British team' is the only British team left in the competition, then it's different because you're not there, yet you perhaps want a British team to win it.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by jusfarhan)
And that's not so unusual, none of them were cheering us on on the 25th of May. Well atleast not the majority.
You'd be surprised, i think most people were supporting the 'pool then!

Me, my family, all me united mates, i know were!
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
You'd be surprised, i think most people were supporting the 'pool then!

Me, my family, all me united mates were well pleased with the result!
Not the scum anyway..

Which is what I mean about us supporting them, and likewise.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know what's meant to be 'right' or wrong, but Chelsea are ruining football and I just do not like to see them win. They're running away with the league again and it just does not seem right.
This is nothing new to the Premiership. It got boring years ago. And they are leading simply because they are the best team in the league.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
This is nothing new to the Premiership. It got boring years ago. And they are leading simply because they are the best team in the league.
I wouldn't agree..

For example:

Think of this season's league WITHOUT Chelsea. Now that is what I call interesting!

Wigan and Spurs fighting for a CL spot?!

Us and the scum in a close battle to be league champions?

To be honest I wouldn't mind if it was always Arsenal and Manure for the league, and the occasional Blackburn. Chelsea are boring and they're just killing football. If they made their money that's one thing. Like winning the CL like us, or something. :yy:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*will be cheering on the Chelsea tomorrow*
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think I need sleep ¬_¬
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know what's meant to be 'right' or wrong, but Chelsea are ruining football and I just do not like to see them win. They're running away with the league again and it just does not seem right. If it was them and a foreign team in the CL final.. I'd go with the other team.

If it was Manure, I'd go with the other team.. Simply because I hate them. And that's not so unusual, none of them were cheering us on on the 25th of May. Well atleast not the majority.

As for Arsenal, I back them all the way. I love watching them play and I respect them.

I think views sorta change if 'the other British team' is the only British team left in the competition, then it's different because you're not there, yet you perhaps want a British team to win it.
I like to see chelsea lose, they have corrupted the football in england with their deep pockets, low morals and no dignity and respect. They think they can get away with anything, and so when they get beat it is the best way to shove two fingers up at them and say.. well up yours eh. Maybe if the league was a lot closer id take a chelsea win with some more gratitute, i mean we should be greateful we have another english team competing for honours for now.
As for man united, that rivaly runs for to long and is to deep. i will never, ever be happy for a man united win, unless in drastic situations where as it means we win the league. im sure every manc felt sick on may 25 2005, and i wouldnt expect anything else. We had the majority of the countrys support but some clubs couldnt wait to see us fall.
I love to see arsenal win though, aslong as it doesnt hamper liverpools progress as they win with such style and grace, and have at leats some dignity (although pizzagate was a tarnish)
Everton? Well the sooner they get relegated and compete with tranmere the better really.
Supporting man u, chelsea or everton just feels like rooting for the fella who has just knocked your wife up to win the lottery.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
I like to see chelsea lose, they have corrupted the football in england with their deep pockets, low morals and no dignity and respect. They think they can get away with anything, and so when they get beat it is the best way to shove two fingers up at them and say.. well up yours eh. Maybe if the league was a lot closer id take a chelsea win with some more gratitute, i mean we should be greateful we have another english team competing for honours for now.
As for man united, that rivaly runs for to long and is to deep. i will never, ever be happy for a man united win, unless in drastic situations where as it means we win the league. im sure every manc felt sick on may 25 2005, and i wouldnt expect anything else. We had the majority of the countrys support but some clubs couldnt wait to see us fall.
I love to see arsenal win though, aslong as it doesnt hamper liverpools progress as they win with such style and grace, and have at leats some dignity (although pizzagate was a tarnish)
Everton? Well the sooner they get relegated and compete with tranmere the better really.
Supporting man u, chelsea or everton just feels like rooting for the fella who has just knocked your wife up to win the lottery.
Lol holy **** you do make me laugh! I'm awakee after thatt And I agree with everything you've said.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't agree..

For example:

Think of this season's league WITHOUT Chelsea. Now that is what I call interesting!

Wigan and Spurs fighting for a CL spot?!

Us and the scum in a close battle to be league champions?

To be honest I wouldn't mind if it was always Arsenal and Manure for the league, and the occasional Blackburn. Chelsea are boring and they're just killing football. If they made their money that's one thing. Like winning the CL like us, or something. :yy:
It doesn't matter how they made their money. All this lark about earning your money. I assume you're against gambling? As for without Chelsea it will still be boring because the two contenders are the two most successful clubs in the league who have won enough titles as it is. Time for someone different.

It gets depressing to see league titles to look like something like this:

2006 - Liverpool
2007 - Liverpool
2008 - Man Utd
2009 - Man Utd
2010 - Liverpool
2011 - Man Utd
2012 - Blackburn
2013 - Liverpool
2014 - Liverpool
2015 - Man Utd

Makes you wonder why the other 18 bother at times...
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's about time we won the league again, and no, it won't look like that.

Where's Arsenal? I think Spurs too will up their game soon. As much as we're improving in the league, there always seems to be some jinx against us, I mean the defeat at Charlton took the ****ing piss.

It's nice enough having your own money and saying 'if you had the money, you'd have spent it too'.

Fair enough, let's look at your argument.. If we went with what you're saying, that it's fine how it is at the moment, this is what it'll be;

2006 - Chelsea
2007 - Chelsea
2008 - Chelsea
2009 - Chelsea
2010 - Chelsea
2011 - Chelsea
2012 - Chelsea
2013 - Chelsea
2014 - Chelsea
2015 - Chelsea

Hopefully next season we will have a better start. It's always more interesting when there are two teams + playing.

It's boring to play on your own? No?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Fair enough, let's look at your argument.. If we went with what you're saying, that it's fine how it is at the moment, this is what it'll be;

2006 - Chelsea
2007 - Chelsea
2008 - Chelsea
2009 - Chelsea
2010 - Chelsea
2011 - Chelsea
2012 - Chelsea
2013 - Chelsea
2014 - Chelsea
2015 - Chelsea

Hopefully next season we will have a better start. It's always more interesting when there are two teams + playing.

It's boring to play on your own? No?
But that won't happen with Chelsea anyway. No team remains that dominant for the duration that people fear with Chelsea. And then you look historically which teams have how many titles and Liverpool and Man Utd have enough. It is up to the other teams to rise to the challenge. Remember Utd's massive lead when they won the title by 14 points? Forget when that was, 2001 I think.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I disagree with that. Since we have a very young team, I reckon that in a few years, we may well start winning the premiership again.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People think Chelsea are going to win the title 20 times consecutively or something. :confused:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But that won't happen with Chelsea anyway. No team remains that dominant for the duration that people fear with Chelsea. And then you look historically which teams have how many titles and Liverpool and Man Utd have enough. It is up to the other teams to rise to the challenge. Remember Utd's massive lead when they won the title by 14 points? Forget when that was, 2001 I think.
No team has had that kind of financial advantage over it's competitors before
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I guess Economist and co will be rather intoxicated tonight. :p: If I'm not online soon after the match tomorrow it's because I'll be in west London drowning my sorrows probably...
Just wondering. Has Chelsea's so called slump in the league happened since the draw for the CL 2nd round was made? Maybe it's just because they've been distracted, players might be avoiding injury too. It might be different in the Barca games
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
*laughs*

You aren't jealous of Chelsea, are you? I mean; obviously if some big rich businessman wanted to buy Liverpool you'd want the board to reject it so that you could attempt to win the league "properly", i.e. with players brought up from your youth system and players you've bought with prize money from competitions?

Grow up. Football has been a more of a business than a sport for a long, long time. Chelsea have every right to go splashing the cash on any players they want, because they can - i'm envious of them, but I don't want them to fail just because they are the richest club in the league. If Liverpool were ahead of Chelsea in the league would you still be to negative towards them? I doubt it.

As for Everton getting relegated; it hasn't happened in the last half century, and I don't think it will in the next half century either. Sorry.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Just wondering. Has Chelsea's so called slump in the league happened since the draw for the CL 2nd round was made? Maybe it's just because they've been distracted, players might be avoiding injury too. It might be different in the Barca games
Yeah. Maka is fat as well as del Horno but Gallas isn't (keep him for the Nou Camp).
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dan)
*laughs*

You aren't jealous of Chelsea, are you? I mean; obviously if some big rich businessman wanted to buy Liverpool you'd want the board to reject it so that you could attempt to win the league "properly", i.e. with players brought up from your youth system and players you've bought with prize money from competitions?

Of course im jelous of chelseas deep pockets, they can buy any player they want and im sure if roman chose liverpool id of loved it. But its not all about the money, its about how chelsea go about there business. They have no self respect, and no respect for other clubs and players. They act as if there bottomless pit of money is an exscuse to continually break rules. What is a £60,000 fine to chelsea, when there owner is worth billions? Heck, 60K is nothing to any premership club. The way chelsea co-ordinates there business activites is bordering on disgraceful. Tapping up any player they fancy, Forcing refs out of the game with disgraceful accusations which they cant back up, Snapping up youth player just so they dont miss out, buying players just so other dont (SWP and arsenal?). The whole chelsea heirachy is brimming with smug,arragant tossers. Kenyan is a tyrant who i would like nothing better than to see him fed to hungry alligators with fish strapped to his gentials. Jose is a world class manager yes, no-one can dobut that, but how he goes about his business is vergin on insulting. He is a sour loser, how many times did he like to remind us he was european champion? Now rafa holds the title.. and he seems to write it off as irrevelvant. Maybe if chelsea went about their business with some finese and not a complete lack of sense of rules i would not be so angry towards them.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arseeeeeeeeeeenooooooooooooooooo ooool!

Hope Chelsea give Barca a good spanking tonight. Bara think they are too big for anyone, and I hope Chelsea rub it in with Lampard scoring a couple.

At least Real had a little repsect for Arsenal prior to the game.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.49%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.66%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (55)
19.86%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.94%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.03%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.03%

Watched Threads