The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
At least Real had a little repsect for Arsenal prior to the game.
And chelsea have respect for anyone?
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Arseeeeeeeeeeenooooooooooooooooo ooool!

Hope Chelsea give Barca a good spanking tonight. Bara think they are too big for anyone, and I hope Chelsea rub it in with Lampard scoring a couple.

At least Real had a little repsect for Arsenal prior to the game.
But Real had no respect for Arsenal - they thought it would be a walk in the park.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Point is, Barca have never had any respect for as long as I can remember.

You're right about Chelsea though - absolutely no respect, but it's their time to dish it out.

Real did have some respect. They are looking rather depleted as well. Looking at Carlos, Ronaldo, Zidane and they all looked like Alcoholics.
Getting long in the tooth, and they need changes.

The central defender, beginning with R - Ramos?? dirty ******* on frequent occasions. Should have been sent off along with the Brazilian - Cilchino (however its spelt).
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You're right about Chelsea though - absolutely no respect, but it's their time to dish it out.
Well based on last years performance I'd say it's Barcelona who'll be the ones trying to get revenge.
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Point is, Barca have never had any respect for as long as I can remember.

Real did have some respect. They are looking rather depleted as well. Looking at Carlos, Ronaldo, Zidane and they all looked like Alcoholics.
Getting long in the tooth, and they need changes.

The central defender, beginning with R - Ramos?? dirty ******* on frequent occasions. Should have been sent off along with the Brazilian - Cilchino (however its spelt).
Yeh ramos elbowed eboue and should have been off. He also kicked Lehman when he clearly had the ball. Zidane and Carlos are too old and Ronaldo is still regaining his fitness. They should have brought Cassano on - he would have made more of an impact.

Just wondering does anyone think Brazil are slightly overrated? Looking at perfomances of Cicinho and Carlos it is clear that their defense will always be open. Ronaldo is not as good as he once was, while Adriano is very inconsistant. Added, to that Dida is also out of form.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Tonight is a battle between good v bad. One is a 2nd rate club is no history whatsoever, a arse of a chief executive, an arrogant manager and success built probably on dirty money. The other is a club that is owned and run by the fans, one that has no sponser on the front of the shirts, one that is the antithesis of the Franco-led team from madrid. One plays magical football, the other....doesn't.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
Just wondering does anyone think Brazil are slightly overrated? Looking at perfomances of Cicinho and Carlos it is clear that their defense will always be open. Ronaldo is not as good as he once was, while Adriano is very inconsistant. Added, to that Dida is also out of form.
I have always wondered how Brazil have won big competitions.
Most teams strategy is defence first, attack later, whereas Brazil's is the opposite way and always has been.

Brazil have always been bad at the back. On paper, they don't have a bad defence, but they always seem to look shaky. Silvinho I always thought was very good, but Cole ousted him.
Brazils domination comes in the form of Midfield and Attack with their fluent passing.

I cannot see Brazil winning this years world cup. I'm 90% sure it will be a European success.
Toscar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
can i ask , do the itv commentators (esp. that tw*t david pleat) get on anyones nerves, or is it only me.... they offer nothing to the game, spout cliches in the hope they will turn out correctly, and more often than not, make me turn off the sound in anger....anyone feel the same?
manc39
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
The ITV commentators are crap yes, but the Beeb's African Nations Cup commentators make them seem brilliant. Shame you can't turn them off with the red button and just have crowd noise.
Toscar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd quite like the beeb & itv to implement what sky do , with fans... would put back some of the excitement and genuine passion...
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
And chelsea have respect for anyone?
Yes. Manchester United.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe if chelsea went about their business with some finese and not a complete lack of sense of rules i would not be so angry towards them.
Mourinho and Kenyon won't be there forever.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Tonight is a battle between good v bad. One is a 2nd rate club is no history whatsoever, a arse of a chief executive, an arrogant manager and success built probably on dirty money. The other is a club that is owned and run by the fans, one that has no sponser on the front of the shirts, one that is the antithesis of the Franco-led team from madrid. One plays magical football, the other....doesn't.
Hahaha. No.

Tonight we will see the two best teams in Europe playing against each other. Regardless of who gets knocked out of this tie after two legs, the loser will still be the 2nd best team in Europe.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
Hahaha. No.

Tonight we will see the two best teams in Europe playing against each other. Regardless of who gets knocked out of this tie after two legs, the loser will still be the 2nd best team in Europe.
That's not what you said yesterday :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
That's not what you said yesterday :p:
Eh?:confused:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
. im sure every manc felt sick on may 25 2005, and i wouldnt expect anything else. We had the majority of the countrys support but some clubs couldnt wait to see us fall.
not every united fan.

last season, i wanted an english team to win the champions league- even liverpool. but since winning it, some liverpool fans think that they now own the world, which is quite annoying.

i thought that the more birtish teams in europe the better it is, but not everyone seems to share this view. ah well, hope chelsea and rangers do well tonight!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
What a crazily intense 2nd half. I thought Messi n Terry were both superb.
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im sure every manc felt sick on may 25 2005, and i wouldnt expect anything else. We had the majority of the countrys support but some clubs couldnt wait to see us fall.
That's bollox, I didn't mind seeing them win it. I think the fact that they were underdogs made helped them gain sympathy. I know loads of united fans who were ok with seeing them win it.

Now the final in 99 was a different story. :rolleyes:
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Brilliant game but chelsea face an uphill task now.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ARGHHH **** OFF WE'VE SIGNED WESTERVELD !!! I'd rather play dixie dean's statue in goal than this guy
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)