This discussion is closed.
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Calm down. :rolleyes:
Im calm, i just dont find gloating about the death of football fans amusing. Liverpool are branded sick for singing about a dead leg.. yet fans get away with **** like that all the time.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not gloating deaths of people, that is against my principle. Perhaps people have not detected my tone. I just get sick to death of people saying my club is founded by dirty money from ignorant people. As such I defend my club.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not gloating deaths of people, that is against my principle. Perhaps people have not detected my tone. I just get sick to death of people saying my club is founded by dirty money from ignorant people. As such I defend my club.
Well, it looked like gloating. There are better ways to defend your club than using the deaths of 39 people to your advantage
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why the hell would I gloat about deaths? I'm pro-life for a start. :confused:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not a clue, i was hoping you could tell me. It just sounded like gloating, maybe a comment you hadn't thought through properly or something. If it wasn't gloating then fair enough. It was still an ill judged comment though.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Agreed. In a way, it would be an embarrasment if Barca lose the second leg and go out of the competition considering their 2 away goals. Pressure on them?
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Agreed. In a way, it would be an embarrasment if Barca lose the second leg and go out of the competition considering their 2 away goals. Pressure on them?
Hmmm, there was pressure on them when you/Motta scored. They reacted well enough to that (fair enough, you only had ten men). If that hadn't happened, maybe it would have ended goalless. It's do-able though, but i think very unlikely
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Barcelona will certainly score.

Can Chelsea score 3 at the Camp Nou? No chance!
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They'd only need two to get to pens, but still... I don't think Barcelona will only score one anyway
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
Can Chelsea score 3 at the Camp Nou? No chance!
Strange things can happen. People didn't expect Chelsea to score 3 goals last year, let alone in 2000. It will be tough. If it's not impossible there's always a chance. If Chelsea score an early goal in the 2nd leg it should make things a bit interesting. I think losing del Horno is a blessing in disguise. Why did we recall him so early. He's been underperforming for much of the season and we may have to recall Wayne Bridge from Fulham, if that's possible. Or just play three centre backs, since Gallas will be back by then.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Strange things can happen. People didn't expect Chelsea to score 3 goals last year, let alone in 2000. It will be tough. If it's not impossible there's always a chance. If Chelsea score an early goal in the 2nd leg it should make things a bit interesting. I think losing del Horno is a blessing in disguise. Why did we recall him so early. He's been underperforming for much of the season and we may have to recall Wayne Bridge from Fulham, if that's possible. Or just play three centre backs, since Gallas will be back by then.
It is possible, after all, Chelsea are an incredible team.

Will he stick with 1 up front when he has to go for it?

Barcelona should wrap it up with one goal anyhoo.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It was a very poorly thought threw statement. Much like one air plane company telling the one who flew man united busby babes out..
Well at least i didnt kill 7 footie players...
Poor taste, but you seem genuine enough.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No point playing one up front in the second leg. Go 3-5-2 if need be. We did it against Bolton and raked in the goals and I feel it is possible again. Crespo and Drogba up front with Gudjohnsen being in the advanced midfield position for which he served much of last season's Premiership campaign. Or 4-4-2 but not this 4-3-3 lark when there's not much support for the strikers.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No point playing one up front in the second leg. Go 3-5-2 if need be. We did it against Bolton and raked in the goals and I feel it is possible again. Crespo and Drogba up front with Gudjohnsen being in the advanced midfield position for which he served much of last season's Premiership campaign. Or 4-4-2 but not this 4-3-3 lark when there's not much support for the strikers.
A 3-5-2 Will im afraid, leave you extremly vunerable to barca's counter attacking play. This is going to be an excellent tie, chelsea have to go for the jugular from the off, and with barcas weak defence, but with strikers who score for fun it could be even better.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Okay here's something I thought of:

Cudicini
Gallas Terry Carvalho
Makelele Huth
Lampard SWP
Gudjohnsen
Crespo Drogba

Crazy eh?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thankfully you didn't pick up any yellow cards tonight, so it's full strength for the 2nd leg (I don't think Del Horno is any good anyway).
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
Thankfully you didn't pick up any yellow cards tonight, so it's full strength for the 2nd leg (I don't think Del Horno is any good anyway).
Shame, Terry and lamps are only one away
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Cudicini
Gallas Terry Carvalho
Makelele Huth
Lampard SWP
Gudjohnsen
Crespo Drogba

Crazy eh?
Stick Huth upfront
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Cudicini
Gallas Terry Carvalho
Makelele Huth
Lampard SWP
Gudjohnsen
Crespo Drogba

Crazy eh?
So is that going to set out like..
Cudicini
Gallas Terry Carvalho
Makele Huth
Lampard SWP
Gudjohnsen
Crespo Drogba

?? Personaly, thats going to leave you extremly vunerable. 3 defenders (none with blistering pace) to cope against ronnie,messi and eto'o? Why Cudidini to? And huth?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Shame, Terry and lamps are only one away
Aye, they did good to not get booked tonight. Perhaps if they'd have gotten stuck in a bit more they might not have lost..!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.99%
Labour (154)
48.73%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.24%
Green Party (20)
6.33%
Brexit Party (4)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.95%
SNP (7)
2.22%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.63%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.27%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.32%
UKIP (6)
1.9%
Other (0)
0%
None (10)
3.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise