kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
I can't see us catching anyone. Useless
I reckon you'll still nick 4th

Knew you'd lose today though, Blackburn away is just the sort of fixture Arsenal (this season) hate. Play the total opposite of Real madrid i.e. don't allow space in midfield, aren't afraid to get stuck in etc.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
meh, and i was hoping you'd win today :hmmm: :p:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
pfftt newcastle! ***** fans, ***** stadium, ***** team
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You can do it.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Newcastle took their chances, we didn't.

Deserved to win on the balance of play. Our poor defending allowed them to score two, whereas they stuck two players on the posts when it mattered, thus allowing them to run out victors.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
pfftt newcastle! ***** fans, ***** stadium, ****** team
Great fans, class stadium and decent team?
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Their fans are *****, only sing when they're winning. Best they could muster up is a "sign on". While we just clapped at them and sang "you've only won **** all" and a "50 years, you've won **** all". While the newcastle fans celebrated the first goal we burst into "everton everton everton ...."

As for the stadium, to get to the 3rd tier where away fans sit you have to go up about 8000000 steps while the bloody home fans get an elevator.

We outplayed them for most of the match, against a good attacking team they'd get murdered.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
pfftt newcastle! ***** fans, ***** stadium, ***** team
Two similar clubs playing then?
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Two similar clubs playing then?
no we don't have your fans.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah Barton's been sent off against Liverpool, it's all over now.
LFC24
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Was a great goal by Kewell... nice!
Katy200
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
that was the worst performance i have seen off City. Danny Mills what a plonker, and why Barton put his foot in like that, glad he got Sent off dont need to put with him for the next couple of games.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Great performance by Crouch, Have to question rafa's judgement to take him off and leave nanda on. He just gets more and more embarassing each time.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm.. we can see Liverpool are still on the up (yay) but against Benefica can they get 2 goals? I cant see them letting a goal in at Anfield can def see atleast one goal (Gerrad obv) but an 2nd goal?
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Hmm.. we can see Liverpool are still on the up (yay) but against Benefica can they get 2 goals? I cant see them letting a goal in at Anfield can def see atleast one goal (Gerrad obv) but an 2nd goal?
I think it just depends whether he plays that nonce Morientes or not. I mean i'm no Premiership manager, but even Championship teams would struggle to find a reason why he should get into their first XI.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well who else would you play?
Crouch sure.. Cisse? psff no, Fowler.. well he isnt at his fittest and dunno about 90 mins..
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well who else would you play?
Crouch sure.. Cisse? psff no, Fowler.. well he isnt at his fittest and dunno about 90 mins..
Crouch and Cisse to start im afraid. Nanda has had his run in the team, its time to give cisse a chance. I liked the cisse crouch partnership when they played against saprissa (okay i no its only saprissa but you get the point). Fowler To come on for cisse after 65 mins or something. If we nick an early goal, i can see us coasting it.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can understand Cisse with pace but hes got nothing else to offer..
see i would do Crouch (to hold up/play others in) with Mori/Fowler/Garcia off him and then if they are being ineffective put Cisse on to pressure the other team...
lets be honest Cisse isnt going to score unless he uses his pace to pressue, whereas the others have the touch and used to have the goal instinct too :p:
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Without taking anything away from Wigan, we breezed past them today. The 3 goals in 7 minutes (Ronaldo, Saha and Rooney) really killed them off and I feel sorry for the team, after playing unbelievably well to get to the final and then having their big day quite literally ruined. Anyhow, come on the lads!!!
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can understand Cisse with pace but hes got nothing else to offer..
see i would do Crouch (to hold up/play others in) with Mori/Fowler/Garcia off him and then if they are being ineffective put Cisse on to pressure the other team...
lets be honest Cisse isnt going to score unless he uses his pace to pressue, whereas the others have the touch and used to have the goal instinct too :p:
Lets be honest now. Morientes might have the goal instinct but hes got the touch of a metal sponge, and the confidence of a 3 legged mule in a fox race. Garcia is to consisntely inconsistent which really pisses me off more than any player ever has. The natural partner for crouch is fowler, but fitness wouldnt prevail.
Cisse cant use pace either, as most teams sit on their 18 yard box making his pass ineffective.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (83)
33.47%
No I don't (117)
47.18%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.35%

Watched Threads