This discussion is closed.
username9303
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
but ronaldo's still there ^o) and smith!!!:p:
Lol how can you want to get rid of Ronaldo? The amount of goals he's been scoring recently, and for all out piss-taking of the opposition when they're losing, is just priceless! :cool:

And Smith is a bit dodgy there, but I was just incorporating Ronaldinho, Kaka and Messi into our current squad :p:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd swap Kaka over Mr Step-over anyday.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I'd swap Kaka over Mr Step-over anyday.
No need to swap anybody, we'll just get the two together :p: Read in the paper yesterday that Ferguson is supposed to be getting an open cheque book this summer to spend, spend, spend, so who knows who we might get. If its not a world class midfielder then i'm going to go slap him
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
No need to swap anybody, we'll just get the two together :p: Read in the paper yesterday that Ferguson is supposed to be getting an open cheque book this summer to spend, spend, spend, so who knows who we might get. If its not a world class midfielder then i'm going to go slap him
just a slap!! :p:

ronaldo has been scoring goals recently, and is a goodish player, but he bugs me at times :hmpf:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Read in the paper yesterday that Ferguson is supposed to be getting an open cheque book this summer to spend, spend, spend, so who knows who we might get.
Ballack probably.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ballack probably.
Hope not, someone younger, stronger and cheaper please.

And what a performance by Joe Cole I'd like to say, brilliant.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hope not, someone younger, stronger and cheaper please.
But you have an open cheque book you say.

And what a performance by Joe Cole I'd like to say, brilliant.
Indeed. What can I say, decent performances from all Chelsea participants today. The Special One has made the final touches for Joe Cole it seems.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But you have an open cheque book you say.
Yer but we're also paying £2 million in interest every month on that loan that Glazer took out to buy us, so I don't understand how we can afford to spend big bucks in the summer.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He thinks he's Roman Abramovich.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He thinks he's Roman Abramovich.
Unfortunately he does :p:

On a completely different note, can anyone explain to me why as soon as he puts an England shirt on, Stevie G is pants. The divide between his performances for Liverpool and England is huuuuge.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Same could be said for Frank Lampard.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Stevie G was bloody awful last night, according to most people.
Hmmm.. perhaps he can't hack it with the mighty Uruguay? :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He was played out of position probably.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Same could be said for Frank Lampard.
True, but Lampard doesnt have such a drop in quality when he puts on the England shirt. Before yesterday everyone was saying that Gerrard wasnt playing particularly well for England because he had to sit back and cover the defence, so I thought ah fair enough, but then yesterday Carrick was there doing the covering and he was still poor. And if I remember correctly, he was disgracefully bad in Euro 2004 too.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
Stevie G was bloody awful last night, according to most people.
Hmmm.. perhaps he can't hack it with the mighty Uruguay? :p:
Like it was widely publicised he needed a rest. Secondly, his poor performances for england are a mystery to me.
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Like it was widely publicised he needed a rest. Secondly, his poor performances for england are a mystery to me.
henry is the same with France - just looks like a different player
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Besides Cole being amazing last night, who else actually stood out?
To be honest i didnt think Rooney played that well last set :p:
Basically the first 45 mins, Uruguay actually pressed up, tried to counter attack and stiffle any attacks by England (this is while gerrad was playing)
In the 2nd half, Uruguay just pretty much had 11 men in their own half and England were allowed to run wild and eventually scored 2 goals..
Didnt think gerrad was as bad as Rio.. his head should be shaved and not be allowed to have an england shirt!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Carragher and Terry for CB partnership it is then.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Besides Cole being amazing last night, who else actually stood out?
To be honest i didnt think Rooney played that well last set :p:
Basically the first 45 mins, Uruguay actually pressed up, tried to counter attack and stiffle any attacks by England (this is while gerrad was playing)
In the 2nd half, Uruguay just pretty much had 11 men in their own half and England were allowed to run wild and eventually scored 2 goals..
Didnt think gerrad was as bad as Rio.. his head should be shaved and not be allowed to have an england shirt!
I agree, Rio had an awful game, I think its just where he's been going forward a lot more for Man Utd, and we've been winning so he probs thought ah i'll do the same for England. Problem was, Forlan was too clever to fall for Rio's 'tricks'.

Apart from Joe Cole, I think Shaun Wright-Phillips did well when he came on, and I was impressed with Carrick's performance too. He didn't look overawed by the occasion, which is the sign of a good player, and I think he deserves a place in the 23 for the World Cup.
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the problem for England is how to fit Gerrard, Lampard, Cole and Beckham all on the same team, especially after Coles performance last night.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (43)
33.08%
No I don't (61)
46.92%
I work during the holidays (26)
20%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise