The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Load of crap that was. Once again we prove to the world our inability to finish of teams. Intresting to see the stats for this one, im guessing at least 20 shots, with another 10 corners. Plus 65% Possesion yet we cant manage one measley goal. Oh dear.
Fowler worked his little socks off, and nearly got his reward if it wasnt for inadequate refering decisions. Never mind.
I hear criticism that Rafa has brought his philosophy from Valencia over to Liverpool. As a Liverpool fan do you agree with this?
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I hear criticism that Rafa has brought his philosophy from Valencia over to Liverpool. As a Liverpool fan do you agree with this?
Which philosophy are you talking about. I have to say, for everything hes done and hes done a awful lot. I dont agree with rotation. Dont get me wrong, rafa IS the man to bring back the title for us. But he tinkers unneccesarily with the team. Take a look at the back four. Our strongest back four is finnan,hyypia,carra,and JAR yet today he took it upon himself in a potential bananna skin tie to mess around with it. We then didnt look at our most secure, with a few defensive slip ups allowing some clever runs. We got away with it though. Of course, with the sheer intensity of our fixture list this season, rotation is needed. But JAR doesnt need a rest, he played arguabley his best season last season and was the most playyed man in the squad. Our best run in the league (december-january) came when we played the same XI constantly with only a few changes for injury etc. Regularity breeds consistency and consistency breeds results.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Philosophy is control the game like having lots of possession but lack a strikeforce. Apparently, when Rafa was at Valencia he lacked a prolific goal scorer. I don't watch much Spanish football myself so I have no idea. Just what's been said on the radio.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Philosophy is control the game like having lots of possession but lack a strikeforce. Apparently, when Rafa was at Valencia he lacked a prolific goal scorer. I don't watch much Spanish football myself so I have no idea. Just what's been said on the radio.
Mista finished on 20 goals a season but i never watched spanish football so not sure how truthful that is. He has certainly taught the tema to control possesion and the tempo. We are very rarely under the cosh during a game, i dont think it is his philosphy to lack a strikeforce we just dont have the quality at the momment.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes the Mista thing was the only exception, as I heard. Wasn't Baros your leading goal scorer in the season when you sold him? j/w Well, we share one thing in common, our respective teams are lacking that edge up front.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Awww poor you. He was muttering under his breath and tapping his watch as Jose and the team came up the tunnel. When he had his back to him he started muttering. I can lip read fairly well and he wasn't being nice. Along the lines of WTF is that all about, t**t etc
He's entitled to his opinion. If the delay was legitimate then Mourinho can always alert the referee in good time. There is a danger that the match will start without having all your entitled players on the pitch even if the referee hadn't spotted you were under 11. As such if that happened then tough luck.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes the Mista thing was the only exception, as I heard. Wasn't Baros your leading goal scorer in the season when you sold him? j/w Well, we share one thing in common, our respective teams are lacking that edge up front.
Yeh, he was. But i wasnt a fan of baros, he could never show that form he shows for his national team for us. He ran with his head down, and was ball greedy. Saying that, id take him back over cisse or nando.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
True.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
LOL at Bryan Robson though.... " '****** 'aggot " when Jose was late coming out with the team.
:rofl: hehe i lip read that :p:

did jose shake hands with robson?
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Man City 2 - 0 Sunderland so far, two goals from G. Samaras in 2 minutes - not too shabby lol
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't know if anyone follows French football, but I just looked on the Marseille website for any pre-match updates for the game against Paris St Germain and was greeted with news saying they are refusing to play. It seems that the PSG fans have been attacking away fans after all the last load of games, and Marseille asked for security for their fans, which was not granted and have refused to send the first team or any fans to the game; merely an "Invitational XI" composed of youths and reserves. How can PSG get away with this?
Jonathan*
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
What was breen thinking? Jumping at the ball like that did he think the ref wouldnt notice or something?
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it was absolute stupidity
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Guess the word he's trying to say
Бербато&
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The best bit was when the Chelski players were late arriing for the second half, and Robson looked at his watch, went down the tunnel, saw the players coming out, walked back out, and went '******* ******!'
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Interesting
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Beattie, Beattie!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Poor Wigan.
Flux
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I feel guilty as a Man Utd fan, like I just personally robbed Wigan.
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why do people lick-ass to Wigan so much? They were trying to kick the sh*t out of us yesturday, unfortunate in the way it went yes, but would people feel sorry for us if that happened? Doubt it.

I'm not one of these people that goes all over Wigan because of where they are in the league, they have pots of money so it's not hardly suprising when you've got a half decent manager like Jewell in charge.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (87)
33.33%
No I don't (124)
47.51%
I work during the holidays (50)
19.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise