The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Not much he could have done about it with RVN's strike.
Oh yeah, I had meant to mention that, but totally forgot. It was a totally unstoppable finish by RVN.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some good goals and some good games so far - quite a good tournament and the pundits think it'll get better too!

In other news from aside from the tournament, Spurs are being linked with Dennis Rommedahl, possibly lining up a £3 million bid for the winger.

And this is my 2000th post!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some good goals and some good games so far - quite a good tournament and the pundits think it'll get better too!

In other news from aside from the tournament, Spurs are being linked with Dennis Rommedahl, possibly lining up a £3 million bid for the winger.

Congrats on the post.
Yeah, i've thought that the tournament has been pretty good so far, what with perhaps small shocks occuring (latvia leading and big one being the france comeback). Also, red cards, penalties...
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
POSTIGA WOOAHHHHHOOOOOO
POSTIGA WOOAHHHHHOOOOOO

Yes, Scolari should play him. He is a very good player.
do the spurs fan sing by any chance?
'postiga woooahooo postiga wooooahooooo, he comes from portugal, he fu*king hates arsenal!'

caus charlton used to sing 'jorge costa woooooahoooo, jorge costa woooahooo, he comes from portugal, he fu*king hates millwall!'
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

well done on the 2000th post.
the commentator was saying something like rommedahl does 100 metres in 10.2 secs. does anyone know henry's or any other players 100m times?
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
the commentator was saying something like rommedahl does 100 metres in 10.2 secs. does anyone know henry's or any other players 100m times?
Rommedahl is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, players in the world. The problem is that he's crap.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
do the spurs fan sing by any chance?
'postiga woooahooo postiga wooooahooooo, he comes from portugal, he fu*king hates arsenal!'

caus charlton used to sing 'jorge costa woooooahoooo, jorge costa woooahooo, he comes from portugal, he fu*king hates millwall!'
He hates THE Arsenal, but apart from that, yes.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
I remember a newspaper did a test on players like Overmars, Anelka and Giggs to see how quick they ran 100m during a game with and without the ball.

I think they actualy beat the European Record or something
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
I remember a newspaper did a test on players like Overmars, Anelka and Giggs to see how quick they ran 100m during a game with and without the ball.

i remember that overmars was ****ing fast, is it just me or has he slowed down quite a bit now
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I wonder how fast Thierry Henry can run 100m. I reckon the rest would be left far behind.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
i remember that overmars was ****ing fast, is it just me or has he slowed down quite a bit now
age has caught up on him

he has never been the same since he left Arsenal
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I wonder how fast Thierry Henry can run 100m. I reckon the rest would be left far behind.
i think dyer can beat him in a 100m sprint easily
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Liverpool press conference at 3.30. Looks like Benitez is coming
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Liverpool press conference at 3.30. Looks like Benitez is coming
what a surprise

didn't gerrard say he was annoyed at that, he reccomended curbishley so he might leave
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what a surprise

didn't gerrard say he was annoyed at that, he reccomended curbishley so he might leave
Gerrard is not going anyway!!!!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Chelsea to offer Liverpool £31M upfront for Gerrard
June 16, 2004

Chelsea are ready to make a stunning £31 million offer to Liverpool - upfront - for skipper Steven Gerrard.

The Independent says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants the midfielder to be his notable signing before the new season and now he plans to use his vast wealth to get his man.

Abramovich is prepared to pay a huge fee and give Liverpool the money without staggering payments or including installments.

Gerrard knows of Chelsea's interest and may be tempted by the size of his personal salary, around £6m a year.

cmon gerrard we want you!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
June 16, 2004

Chelsea are ready to make a stunning £31 million offer to Liverpool - upfront - for skipper Steven Gerrard.

The Independent says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants the midfielder to be his notable signing before the new season and now he plans to use his vast wealth to get his man.

Abramovich is prepared to pay a huge fee and give Liverpool the money without staggering payments or including installments.

Gerrard knows of Chelsea's interest and may be tempted by the size of his personal salary, around £6m a year.

NO!!!! He can't go!!! I'll cry for weeks. He's ours so stop trying to steal him!!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
NO!!!! He can't go!!! I'll cry for weeks. He's ours so stop trying to steal him!!
6million par a year salary and 31 million price tag is hardly stealing!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
June 16, 2004

I don't think that Gerrard will go to Chelsea. At least this season, liverpool are in the champions league, so Owen and Gerrard will probably stay. Chelsea can't expect to get every player by tempting them with huge sums of money. Plus, if Gerrard leaves, I reckon he might want to move to a bigger club, where also he'd be certain to play every week.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
6million par a year salary and 31 million price tag is hardly stealing!
Well I say it is! It annoys me that Chelsea can use their money to buy every player they want (except Gerrard!!!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.82%
Labour (539)
51.48%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.47%
Green Party (58)
5.54%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.38%
UKIP (11)
1.05%
Other (11)
1.05%
None (37)
3.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise