The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Same could be said for Spurs. If they made their performances for the first 70 minutes or so for the whole 90 minutes plus stoppage time they'd be further ahead etc.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Arsenal robbed at Anfield? Lol, we pissed all over you but we've had this daft argument and wont have it again.

We were shocking today, Arsenal excellent. Deserved result.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why didn't Liverpool stop Arsenal playing their game? It can be done!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The only reason Spurs are 4th just now, is because we have messed up till nw. Spurs haven't done anything special. They are just cashing up on us not getting the poits we should. Now that we're getting the points (as long as we keep doing so), we'll get 4th place.
Lehmann made his first mistake for ages today but it turned out to be ok. Also, Ljunberg came off I think; how bad is his injury?
But we've mucked up games as well just like Arsenal - we could have been far ahead of you if we hadn't have mucked up games, including yesterday.

Sunderland, Fulham, Wigan, Aston Villa - 4 games of late where we've dropped points.

We are in 4th because we have done enough on merit in other games to deserve to be there - itd about us being good, and not A**enal fluffing it.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Arsenal robbed at Anfield? Lol, we pissed all over you but we've had this daft argument and wont have it again.

We were shocking today, Arsenal excellent. Deserved result.
Yes robbed. If the official had made the correct decision the match would have been a draw. End of argument.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
woo we won today i cant believe that rooney didnt get his hatrick and we should have won by more than 2 nil but ah well, the results were good today
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Yes robbed. If the official had made the correct decision the match would have been a draw. End of argument.
lol, ok. Yes sir.

Thank god the official got every decision correct today though eh and that bad refereeing decisions arent part of every football game. Imagine the hell that would cause

And this week's lottery numbers are.....? :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know it's our own doing, but I really feel sorry for Everton this season.

Our start to the season was absolutely shocking; no doubt caused by going out of two european competitions in succession - this obviously had an awful effect on our early season league form.

Had we even had a semi-decent start to the season, i.e. been 10th-15th after 10 games, we'd no doubt be challenging the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Bolton now, as our form in 2006 has been absolutely fantastic.

Have to carry this run on until the end of the season, then hope we can pick up next year where we finished this season; on a high.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
And this week's lottery numbers are.....? :cool:
Mine with a bit of luck.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Beattie, Beattie!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Osasuna!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hamburger SV!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Burger King?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The only reason Spurs are 4th just now, is because we have messed up till nw. Spurs haven't done anything special. They are just cashing up on us not getting the poits we should. Now that we're getting the points (as long as we keep doing so), we'll get 4th place.
Indeed! Spurs are only in the position they are in due to our own misfortune. Our major problem in recent weeks has been our non-exsistant defence (in fact i still believe our defence is a shambles). A horrendous string of injuries, out of role players, and sexuality crisises have lead to our shambolic defence. Although all the back 4 held their own today, especially Eboue who was on form...Bosh!

(Original post by Xenon)
Lehmann made his first mistake for ages today but it turned out to be ok.
I've been harping on of late, about how this is the first season on record I could say Lehman was solid and was really fitting the role of reliable goalkeeper, i.e. me not screaming instructions like "catch...goddamnit"..."kick. ..it straight...jesus". Hence todays punch decision instead of catch can be forgiven. However its a shame that the first real season since Seamans departure that we have had a "sturdy goalkeeper" that our defence as a whole is not fitting!

(Original post by Xenon)
Also, Ljunberg came off I think; how bad is his injury?
Hopefully not as bad as his hat!

All in all great game lads, keep the form up, the class is obviously permenant
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Osasuna 2 - 1 Barcelona.

And http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/...ml/ss_team.stm

I see there's no Brad Friedel. Would have thought he'd get a mention to be honest!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What?! My eyes are deceiving me. It's Kuz?! :eek: :p:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
What?! My eyes are deceiving me. It's Kuz?! :eek: :p:
hey hey! I'm back, at least temporarily until i go back to uni

Great game on Tuesday don't you think...mauling comes to mind!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thought I hadn't seen you around for a while Kuz. Nice to see you back (even if only for a bit).

I think that arsenal's little test will be to see if we will win away fromhome next time. If we do, I'll be happy that we have properly turned a corner. BUT, we have to take our chances!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Thought I hadn't seen you around for a while Kuz. Nice to see you back (even if only for a bit).

I think that arsenal's little test will be to see if we will win away fromhome next time. If we do, I'll be happy that we have properly turned a corner. BUT, we have to take our chances!
Indeed! I don't want to count my chickens but the next away game is against pompie... although yesterday shows that sometimes (only when they feel like it mind) they can play some half decent football
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
hey hey! I'm back, at least temporarily until i go back to uni
Welcome back. :hugs:

(Original post by Kuz)
Great game on Tuesday don't you think...mauling comes to mind!
They deserved to go through but Chelsea did well with 10 men in the first leg. Don't think it was a sending off but continental Europe is a right softies' game. I felt that in the secong leg Mourinho got his tactics wrong. Why on earth did he stick Huth up front when the strength approach was failing from the beginning when all you do is put your arms in the air when jumping for the ball and a free kick is called. Should have gone 3-5-2. To get the best out of Crespo you need someone to play alongside with him and ideally it would have been Gudjohnsen with Joe Cole in the advanced midfield role perhaps.

We needed two goals ideally without reply and 3-5-2 may have answered that but it's all academic.

Mourinho is basically turning Chelsea into a counterattacking side like many Serie A sides when they have many players who will play best in their own passing game. It may not be as elegant as Barcelona or during Arsenal's unbeaten period but they can be more better to watch than they are the moment.

It will be nice to play Barcelona where no one has been sent off for a change. :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.67%
Labour (546)
51.75%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.36%
Green Party (58)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)