The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Mourinho is basically turning Chelsea into a counterattacking side like many Serie A sides when they have many players who will play best in their own passing game. It may not be as elegant as Barcelona or during Arsenal's unbeaten period but they can be more better to watch than they are the moment.

It will be nice to play Barcelona where no one has been sent off for a change. :rolleyes:
Too true about the defensive direct passing style of play that Mourinho's got your lads playing. Unfortunately against many floppy premiership midfields it is very effective. I still dont think Chelsea are at their best considering what they could be at. Ignoring fowards because with your money I don't know why you have 4 such collectively what seems to be ineffective strikers, but defensively your starting to shake. Giving up space, silly mistakes are making you appear to have cracks... Carvallaho (sp) seeming to be the worse offender.
I'm basically of the opinon that no man can stop Ronaldinho... well not over 2 legs at least, so even if its with a full side u were gone-ers anyway .
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It will be nice to play Barcelona where no one has been sent off for a change. :rolleyes:
you sound like mourinho :p:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I'm not a great fan of Carvalho. He's rather risky. In the Premiership I'd rather play Huth but he'd probably get booked for a legitimate challenge in Europe just because he's a very strong lad.

(Original post by Kuz)
I still dont think Chelsea are at their best considering what they could be at.
I agree. Even last season was better than this season.

(Original post by Kuz)
Ignoring fowards because with your money I don't know why you have 4 such collectively what seems to be ineffective strikers, but defensively your starting to shake.
Drogba, as much as I dislike him, does have a job though his finishing is somewhat poor. Gudjohnsen, although is hardly prolific, was a buy we made from Bolton many years back and has been a decent striker for us in the past who had a decent partnership with JFH. I prefer him in his midfield role as he did last season and am surprised he isn't played more often. Not many rate him as a striker but I like him with his overall attributes. Crespo is certainly not ineffective, he needs someone to play alongside with. He's not highly rated without reason. And as for Carlton Cole I don't really know about.

However, we have Scott Sinclair, as you have Theo Walcott, which hopefully for our respective clubs and for England, should come through the ranks. Don't forget, Chelsea have invested in youth policy for the future (e.g. singing of Frank Arnesen etc).
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why on earth did he stick Huth up front when the strength approach was failing from the beginning when all you do is put your arms in the air when jumping for the ball and a free kick is called.
Because this is what the 'Special One' tactical gameplan B or C consists of. I remember the long desperate punts up to Huth in the semi final last year and in cardiff (I think) well
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It won't work. He's a defender. Although I must admit he's a better person to win the ball than Drogba.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
you sound like mourinho :p:
Except I'm better looking.[/arrogant]
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anybody know what prices I could get on any of the following:

a) Arsenal to finish 3rd

b) Arsenal going unbeaten in last 9 premiership games

Cheers,
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)

a) Arsenal to finish 3rd

Cheers,
I think you'd have to go down to a bookmakers to find out the exact odds of that, because i've looked online and haven't found anything yet, although BetFair might (but I don't understand what its going on about lol)
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Except I'm better looking.[/arrogant]
[/confident]
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)

a) Arsenal to finish 3rd

Cheers,
thats the spirit!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)

a) Arsenal to finish 3rd

Cheers,
a) Around 6.0 decimal or 5/1
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
omg apparently Mourinho is after Ballack. Hello?! We need a better striker. :rolleyes:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
From what I have predicted by looking at Liverpool's and Arsenal's fixtures I can say the following:

Liverpool have 4 or 5 games where they can realistically lose points.

Arsenal have 1 game where they can realistically lose points. I reckon they can go unbeaten from now till the end of the season and finish 3rd still. Grand stand finish and all that.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
omg apparently Mourinho is after Ballack. Hello?! We need a better striker. :rolleyes:
Buy Beattie off us. I'd say around 30m should do it on current form, what with the way the transfer market works and all that..
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Chelsea were looking at Yakubu before he went to Middlesbrough now look at the amount of goals he's scoring. :rolleyes:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
From what I have predicted by looking at Liverpool's and Arsenal's fixtures I can say the following:

Arsenal have 1 game where they can realistically lose points. I reckon they can go unbeaten from now till the end of the season and finish 3rd still. Grand stand finish and all that.
I think they could quite easily lose points to United, Spurs, Man City and Wigan.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Letter from the chief....
(Original post by Arsene Wenger)
Dear Kuz

There was a lot at stake for us against Liverpool on Sunday. We knew that since the defeat at Blackburn on February 25 we could not waste points - and certainly not at home.

We had given a lot on Wednesday night against Real Madrid but I feel this was the third great performance from the team this week. This side is slowly discovering its potential as well improving its belief and confidence.

Overall I feel we deserved to win the game. But I admit that when Liverpool equalised I was a little bit scared for a while that we could lose it. We looked like we'd had a mental blow because we missed so many opportunities to score.

But when they went down to 10 men they got scared to lose the game and basically that helped us win the match. It was a great team performance, we stuck to our game and played our quality passing. With our movement, it was outstanding to watch.

A word about Cesc Fabregas. He was very influential and it is pleasing to see that he has a more physical presence now in the games. You expect an 18-year-old player to be better and better every month. I've seen a lot of young players at the start of their careers and he's one of the best.

Returning to Premiership matters, I think we can still catch Liverpool, who are in third place after Sunday's game. I always thought that if we won that game then we could do it.

There was a little bit of a hangover for them after the Champions League exit. You grieve a little bit when that happens. They certainly gave a lot physically on Sunday but we did as well. However the difference when you qualify, or not qualify, gives you that little edge as you get tired.

Thanks for your support. You're the best

Arsene
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Realisticly, from a neutral position i can see this with our last few games.
Fulham- Win.. Fulham are atrocious away from home.
Newcastle- Win..Still not a finished article, took apart by man u
Everton- Win/Draw.. We wont lose, but everton are in decent form
West Brom- Win
Botlon- Possible lose, they are very hard to play against
Blackburn- Possible bananna skin
West ham- Win
Villa- Draw
Portsmouth- Win, and possibly relegating them
I just cant see us surrending our postition to anyone. We are to strong, never mind what the papers talk about our strikers. WE only need one goal to win a game.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
WE only need one goal to win a game.
Arsenal 2 - 1 Liverpool
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes but calderstonesLFC is using the fact that Liverpool generally concede very few goals...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (153)
46.93%
No (42)
12.88%
I'm not old enough (131)
40.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed