The Student Room Group
dan
I was wondering why on earth Brown is their number 9?
He ain't a striker? Most teams reserve the number 9 for their top striker!
:confused:

Anyhow, I reckn you'll get 1 or 2 more in the 2nd half.

Just what I was thinking. :biggrin: Whatever number was available at the time I guess.

Gem
Reply 33581
What the? Morientes... ball... net...?

*faints*
Reply 33582
5? Bugger me...
Reply 33583
Well someone was due a thrashing, given recent displays. Anyone else worried we're becoming too reliant on our free-scoring strikers? :wink:
omg! come on west ham, hold on!!!

i have an 11p bet on them to win :redface: = 13p return, cmon!!!
Well..Someone was about to get a thrasing anyway. Scoring problem? my Arse. 3 out of 4 strikers hit the back of the net, what you going to critisce now media.
We didnt deserve it, but ill bloody take it. Made up for fowler and warnock looked made up to score, and nando just looked relivied not to miss.
Bring on the toon with our new confidence.
Bolton should be banned from the premiership. Long ball *******s. Chin up Fat Sam :smile:
wheeeee! 5-1 will do me. benitez is stocking up for next season isnt he? paletta, gonzalez, kromkamp, agger, aurelio. what next, some young italian striker? :wink: can see warnock going and the end of Djmi - sadly. still, onwards and redwards!
Reply 33588
calderstonesLFC
Well..Someone was about to get a thrasing anyway. Scoring problem? my Arse. 3 out of 4 strikers hit the back of the net, what you going to critisce now media.
We didnt deserve it, but ill bloody take it. Made up for fowler and warnock looked made up to score, and nando just looked relivied not to miss.
Bring on the toon with our new confidence.

Fulham are **** tbh... Warnock scoring!!!! Its like Swahili or something.

I didnt watch the 2nd half of the WHam - Bolton tie (becuase of the apprentice) but did Bolton go down to 10 men in the 2nd half by any chance. In extra time the side I'd seen that looked like they were going to walk the tie had paled in comparison?
Reply 33589
"5-1 and Gerrard didnt get one of them! Some top scorer he is, ****in sell the ****."

Funniest thing I've read all day! :rofl:

El Chueco
can see warnock going and the end of Djmi - sadly. still, onwards and redwards!

Warnock, possibly, not Djimi. He's got talent and is versatile, definitely one of the fittest guys in our squad. Like Momo in that respect - he'll just keep pumping his long legs all day long. Probably best tackler of our LBs anyway. I just think he still has a lot to offer, albeit as cover, and he's grown on me. Much like Igor did.
Can i just say.. the team celebration with nando for his goal was so heart warming. Cisse seemed made up for the lad, but his own reaction was that of a person who knows its too late.
Warnock and Fowler couldnt stop smiling though could they. Absolutely fantastic.
calderstonesLFC
Scoring problem? my Arse. 3 out of 4 strikers hit the back of the net, what you going to critisce now media.

the press still has the right to criticise. So, your strikers scored once each against a crap team. what's to say that it won't be another 2 or 3 months again till they score again? Your goalscoring record throughout the season suggests that you do still have a scoring problem, and it won't just go away over a single night.
The team that you beat on Wednesday night have scored as many goals as you...and they are 16th! The John and McBride partnership have scored as many goals as Morientes, Crouch, Luis Garcia, and Cisse put together.
Henry and van Nistelrooy have both single-handedly scored more than your 4 strikers put together!
Reloaded
the press still has the right to criticise. So, your strikers scored once each against a crap team. what's to say that it won't be another 2 or 3 months again till they score again? Your goalscoring record throughout the season suggests that you do still have a scoring problem, and it won't just go away over a single night.
The team that you beat on Wednesday night have scored as many goals as you...and they are 16th! The John and McBride partnership have scored as many goals as Morientes, Crouch, Luis Garcia, and Cisse put together.
Henry and van Nistelrooy have both single-handedly scored more than your 4 strikers put together!

True, but its nice to get some piece and quiet for once.
Secondly, it doesnt matter who scores, aslong as we do. Look at our eleven game run of clean sheets and wins, no one battered an eye lid then.
Also, our strikers didnt actually have a problem before the new year.
we had a problem for the first 6 games of the season iirc, and since crimbo. so if the season were 11 games long i'd be happy :smile:
Goalscoring problem? :biggrin:

Whereee
I scored a quality goal today so much that an opposition player gave high fives to me. :eek: And I hit the post with the goalkeeper going the wrong way though was difficult - toe punted it and he never saw it coming. :p:
NDGAARONDI
I scored a quality goal today so much that an opposition player gave high fives to me. :eek: And I hit the post with the goalkeeper going the wrong way though was difficult - toe punted it and he never saw it coming. :p:

That would never happen here, my mate scored a class goal in 5-a-side once then straight after kickoff he got a nice vicious kick in the leg.
Woah. :eek: Yeah one of my team mates scored straight from the centre spot from kick off because there were two people arguing over who is going in goal. :rofl: Missed a sitter as well but one of my team mates was so determined to score when he was better off passing to me and when he did so I wasn't expecting it and had company etc.
Reply 33598
Get in! Through to the final of the Youth Cup, after Sudden Death vs Soton. Didn't half make it look hard work...
Well done. :smile:

Latest