but what kind of midfielder is he? :p:
who cares.... ask him 07763626249 :rolleyes:
SideView
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
Yeah there was an article in the paper explaining the supposed reasons behind Arsenal's success in Europe, but lack of success domestically. Think it was basically because the teams in the Premiership bully them off the ball, but in Europe teams seem to give them more space for their creativity.

which is the football i prefer to watch.... what bout you?
username9303
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It seems that it was just a mistake on the website, and that O'Shea and Pique were actually in each others places, which makes more sense - so Pique in defence and O'Shea as the holding midfielder.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
which is the football i prefer to watch.... what bout you?
Even as a Man Utd fan I can appreciate the entertainment quality of Arsenal when they play in Europe, but I always love it when they lose in the league.
SideView
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Even as a Man Utd fan I can appreciate the entertainment quality of Arsenal when they play in Europe, but I always love it when they lose in the league.

im exactly the same!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
who cares.... ask him 07763626249 :rolleyes:
it'll have to be tomorow, need to top my phone up :p:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
especially when they lose against us :p:
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
especially when they lose against us :p:
Naturally, and the more games Arsenal play in Europe, the more tired they'll be on April 9th
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Naturally, and the more games Arsenal play in Europe, the more tired they'll be on April 9th
exactly (so its april 9th!!) what will happen if arsenal win the champions league but dont come 4th?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
woo 3 points
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
exactly (so its april 9th!!) what will happen if arsenal win the champions league but dont come 4th?
I'm not totally sure. Didn't they introduce a rule after the Liverpool saga? Can't remember whether it was that you get free entry into the 1st qualifying stage or whether it means nothing :confused:

Wooohoo game finished 1-0
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
1-0. Boring.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
1-0. Boring.
meh, at least we got the needed 3 points :p:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not totally sure. Didn't they introduce a rule after the Liverpool saga? Can't remember whether it was that you get free entry into the 1st qualifying stage or whether it means nothing :confused:

Wooohoo game finished 1-0
im not sure aswell, so if arseanl win we'll have five teams in europe again?:confused:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im not sure aswell, so if arseanl win we'll have five teams in europe again?:confused:
No we can't have 5 teams any more. Europe hates it when a league entered 5 teams like we did. :p:
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No we can't have 5 teams any more. Europe hates it when a league entered 5 teams like we did.
So you're saying that if Arsenal win the Champions League but finish 5th in the league, they won't be able to defend their title?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nope. Fourth gets put into the UEFA Cup. I dislike this policy because, although I feel the chapions have every right to defend their crown, this discredits the value of fourth place in our league that had one of their league counterparts lost the final they would qualify. Yet this will not happen with leagues whose coefficient only permits 3 or fewer teams to be entered into the competition. If you see what I mean.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nope. Fourth gets put into the UEFA Cup. I dislike this policy because, although I feel the chapions have every right to defend their crown, this discredits the value of fourth place in our league that had one of their league counterparts lost the final they would qualify. Yet this will not happen with leagues whose coefficient only permits 3 or fewer teams to be entered into the competition. If you see what I mean.
Yeah I totally agree. Its one of those things that G14 are saying about, because theres no guarantee that Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal are going to be in the Champions League every year just because there aren't enough places for English teams, when you get crappy teams from other countries who finish bottom of their groups with only a couple of points.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I totally agree. Its one of those things that G14 are saying about, because theres no guarantee that Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal are going to be in the Champions League every year just because there aren't enough places for English teams, when you get crappy teams from other countries who finish bottom of their groups with only a couple of points.
True but I'm rather cautious over what the G14 say about not enough places. It could mean that even if they don't qualify via league position and not win the competition that they aren't in the next season's campaign but they think they deserve it. That is where I draw the line on. I don't really like the idea of the G14 and that has nothing to do with being refused entry to it. Rather we didn't bother with it to be honest.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
True but I'm rather cautious over what the G14 say about not enough places. It could mean that even if they don't qualify via league position and not win the competition that they aren't in the next season's campaign but they think they deserve it. That is where I draw the line on. I don't really like the idea of the G14 and that has nothing to do with being refused entry to it. Rather we didn't bother with it to be honest.
True, but there should be a better coefficient system so that the best 32 teams in Europe definitely end up in the Champions League, even if its the qualifying stage. Because our league is a lot better than almost all in Europe, and if the likes of the Irish league get a couple of teams in the 1st qualifying stage, we deserve at least 5 places.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)