The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really hope Villarreal can get to the final -

They don't get half the credit they deserve, and Forlan looks outstanding in Europe at the moment.

Riquelme/Sorin = amazing!
username9303
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have to say congratulations to Arsenal for getting through to the semi-finals, and although they don't play any Englishmen, I hope they get to the final and play Barcelona - just so I can watch an amazing final
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
I really hope Villarreal can get to the final -

They don't get half the credit they deserve, and Forlan looks outstanding in Europe at the moment.

Riquelme/Sorin = amazing!
Awwww whatever Dan, just so your blues have justification of why they prematurely exited from Europe (love ya really)

However i'd rather have'd faced Inter in the Semi's because Villareal are toughys they play all out and have no f**kin shame at all. They'd go all out over both legs.... And as my mum always says "Akosua, you're always the pessimist"... BUT I'm forcing myself to think positive, and I'm 88% sure that I'll be booking my ticket to Paris
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Kuz's real name is Akosua? :p: Just talking to Walshie about you...:rolleyes:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Kuz's real name is Akosua? :p: Just talking to Walshie about you...:rolleyes:
Ooooh what you saying! Tell me! I thought my Real-World name was in my profile... well actually everyone calls me Kuz anyway, only the mother calls me "Akosua" when shes p*ss*d off
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Ooooh what you saying! Tell me! I thought my Real-World name was in my profile... well actually everyone calls me Kuz anyway, only the mother calls me "Akosua" when shes p*ss*d off
We were agreeing that your presence is missed. Now, you haven't come back from the gym today have you? I know it's a bit late but you know...:cool: We were discussing Sunday's match and rivalries too.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So if Chelsea and Arsenal beat Manure, Liverpool have second place more or less sealed.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Err, not really. IF they lose those two matches but go on to win the rest and you win all of your remaining matches, you'll still be 2 points behind them come the end of the season.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
We were agreeing that your presence is missed. Now, you haven't come back from the gym today have you? I know it's a bit late but you know...:cool: We were discussing Sunday's match and rivalries too.
Lol! awwww you remembered!

Yeah Sundays game! With all the Europe ho-ha, i nearly forgot who we wer playing. The games against Utd always are a gunners most important domestic games of a season!

Can't make a prediction on score though, never can though with the fixture
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
All the best against Man Utd. Looks like Leeds won't be getting promoted, shame. :rolleyes:
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mockelinho)
Err, not really. IF they lose those two matches but go on to win the rest and you win all of your remaining matches, you'll still be 2 points behind them come the end of the season.
They could draw with Spurs away and we can continue our scoring spree to get a better goal difference than them.
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If Liverpool win all their remaining games of the season, as the maximum amount of points they can get is 82.

Bare in mind they have West Ham away (Liverpool are CRAP in London, have not won their last 9 attempts). Plus Portsmouth away on the final day of the season which may be difficult if they're still scraping for something.

But I'm still challenging for 1st. Up the Hammers on sunday!! (and er us of course!)
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Manure have Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the Gunners who are on fire. Spurs away who'll be looking for a CL spot?
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jusfarhan)
Manure have Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the Gunners who are on fire. Spurs away who'll be looking for a CL spot?
Arsenal on Sunday will be tough, but I doubt we'll lose, it'll probably end up being a boring 0-0 draw. Chelsea away is going to be extremely hard, but given the state of Chelsea at the moment I think we could realistically get a draw.

And looking at Tottenham's fixtures before they play us, they've got a home match against Man City who are looking to bounce back from their shocking performance at the weekend, followed by a trip to a resurgent Everton. Whereas Arsenal have a game in hand, and a home match against West Brom to look forward to before Man Utd play Tottenham. So I think that by the time Spurs play us, they'll be out of contention for the last CL spot anyway, so they wouldn't really have anything to play for, i.e. Man Utd will win Talk about a long, drawn out conclusion!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by jusfarhan)
So if Chelsea and Arsenal beat Manure, Liverpool have second place more or less sealed.
Liverpool for second... you're having a laff.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Liverpool for second... you're having a laff.
Well, if u take away the points from our last game (so that we've both played 32 games) then we're 8 points behind ManU. They are 7 points behind Chelsea with both Chelsea and Arsenal still waiting for them. People say that ManU can catch Chelsea if they slip up, so why can't ManU slip up and why can't we catch up with them.
Personally, i don't think either of those are gonna happen, so it's a slightly mute point
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anyone intrigued by the Boro game yesterday?
I have to say they didn't show a lot of passion but still managed to pull it off. 1-0 down, and all of our pool club were thinking; '4 goals, Middlesbra, never'.
Basle's keeper should be slaughtered for not saving Maccarone's.

It was almost one of those games on par with when ManYoo beat Bayern 2-1.
DaveyG17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah it was a quality game

On par with Manyoo and Bayern manybe

But no where near as gd as Liverpool - AC Milan
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mourinho is playing both Crespo and Drogba up front.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Come on West Ham!! Chelsea 0-1 West Ham, Collins scored
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (90)
33.83%
No I don't (125)
46.99%
I work during the holidays (51)
19.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise