Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
Ah 2-0 now (Park), its surely all over

Shame Chelsea had to go and bloody win lol
*breathes out*

the first 20 minutes were nerve wrecking!! toure was a lucky so and so!! fergie should have taken the bloody donkey- ronaldo off!!! lazy bugger.

but all is well- at least i can breathe again :p:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Apparently Chelsea were pretty good against West Ham, so I heard from reports anyway.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Apparently Chelsea were pretty good against West Ham, so I heard from reports anyway.
Yeah I listened to the match on the radio and it was so depressing to hear Chelsea attack and then attack again, even though they only had 10 men. To score 4 goals with 10 men is just brilliant.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I listened to the match on the radio and it was so depressing to hear Chelsea attack and then attack again, even though they only had 10 men. To score 4 goals with 10 men is just brilliant.
It's not always a disadvantage going down to 10 men.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's not always a disadvantage going down to 10 men.
Well when you're 1-0 down with the game to chase, you're going to have massive gaps in the team; plus you'll get nackered quicker because you'll be doing more than the normal amount of work required of you. But I do see your point, and 10 men are often much harder to beat than 11; however, to score 4 goals with 10 men is where the brilliance lies.
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I expected more from West Ham, particularly going 1-0 up and having the extra man. It was a local derby after all. Looks as if some of them were still stuck Dubai. Worst performance this season.

We play Sunderland at home on friday, 24 hours before Chelsea are away to Bolton. I think playing before they do closing the gap down to 4 points could be a good psychological edge for us before their game, even if they have a game in hand.

I think it's fair to say though that if Chelsea beat both Bolton and Everton in the next 8 days, then the title is pretty much over as I can't see Chelsea dropping 7 points in 3 games. Of course they could lose to us but then it's 4 points in 2 games, that's means not winning either. Unlikely, but not impossible.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
however, to score 4 goals with 10 men is where the brilliance lies.
Proof that Chelsea can play a form of attacking football. :p: No idea if this is a first in the league in England, Europe or the world by going down to 10 men and score 4 goals from being 1-0 behind. Something I'll look in to.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Proof that Chelsea can play a form of attacking football. :p: No idea if this is a first in the league in England, Europe or the world by going down to 10 men and score 4 goals from being 1-0 behind. Something I'll look in to.
I imagine it's been done before in some of the lower leagues, although if you restrict your search to just the top league in each country you might not find another example
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think the team realised they had to go for it and the senting off was their wake up call. good fight back from the team there.

the pitch from the sunderland - fulham game was mad, anyone see the clip from la liga between barca and ath. madrid? with their pitch practically flooded
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cant believe you forgot Tottenham vs Man City 2 years ago. Now that was class. 3-0 down at half time, Barton sent off at Half time. Ring any bells?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/3447235.stm
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Cant believe you forgot Tottenham vs Man City 2 years ago. Now that was class. 3-0 down at half time, Barton sent off at Half time. Ring any bells?

I was hoping for a league game. :p:
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)

And their leading goalscorer went off injured when they were 2-0 down. Superb
Attached files
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
And their leading goalscorer went off injured when they were 2-0 down. Superb
Great Mastercard thing there

Any luck finding league games with amazing comebacks ND?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Great Mastercard thing there

Any luck finding league games with amazing comebacks ND?
Not amazing, but one of the best games I've ever watched Arsenal vs Middlesbourgh comeback for us 5:3 in the end. We were 3-1 down just before half-time. This was pretty impressive at the time but pales to the Chelsea comeback at the weekend, Utd Vs Bayern and the great CL final last year.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Huh, we should have got a penalty and yet Ljunberg gets a yellow card for protesting over what anyone would say was a penalty!
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oo, Henry.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I heard(/read) Adebayor missed a sitter.

*sigh*
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, we should have been 2:0 up, but maybe Adebayor will make up for his miss and score...
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Or just one of those flicks to Henry like last week will do nicely. Good enough to appear on the showboat on Soccer AM, apparently :eek:
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Women interested in football is a turn on.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (111)
33.64%
No I don't (155)
46.97%
I work during the holidays (64)
19.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise