The Student Room Group
Onearmedbandit
Face it. Without Rooney England stand less of a chance of winning.

Hi Mike, you've missed some good football at regents recently :wink:.In terms of squad quality its not entirely inconceivable that England would win it but the lack of a top class manager will make sure they do not. Rooney was/is Englands only chance of winning it imo.
an Siarach
I was happy to see them win the league last year and generally supported them in Europe ( as i do all British clubs) but their conduct has really turned me against them.

And if Hiddink replaces Mourinho that would change. :p:
calderstonesLFC
Oh please, england even without rooney are an excellent team. If rooney doesnt make it, it would allow us to play gerrard just behind owen with carrick coming in for a defensive duty.

I slightly disagree. As good as our midfield is, Rooney shows no fear. His toughness and character spur the rest of the team on.
The world knows of his skill, and they will put players galore on him, which takes the pressure of Lamps etc to do the goals for us.

Rooney is nothing short of an inspiration for the England team. Beckham needs this chance to show he can boss the game again.

I do hope for dear life that Carrick does not play! He's a good player, but not England pedigree with our current selection.

Agree about Defoe as well. Good player - but stats show different. If he can't score against those teams, then who else?
I would be tempted to play Joe Cole in a more free role behind Owen, taking over Rooney's position. Aaron Lennon would surely have to be taken in the squad too.
NDGAARONDI
Even Spurs? :eek:

Maybe!!!:wink:
Arron Lennon has done a good job for Spurs, but where he is on the right, I'd rather have Beckham or Joe Cole :wink:
Okay peeps you ain't gonna like what I am going to do at the end of the season but it is necessary to ease the load on the server.

After much discussion amongst the team we are going to purge several large threads.

This includes this one.

So when the last match in PL has been played this thread will close and The Ultimate Football Thread MK II will open.

It means ease of searches and will be more upto date. The other alternative was to move/spilt the thread and I didn't think this would be appropriate.

Also see here for summer entertainment
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223057
Reply 34067
:eek:

B-b-but

:bawling:
Rainy
:eek:

B-b-but

:bawling:

Better than deleting hun and seeing as you are the only one to post, rather says it all really. :wink:
I think its a good idea myself, help keep the topics in the forum more up to date.
Reply 34070
Does CINDY have administrative powers?
FK333
Does CINDY have administrative powers?

No but PQ does and this is probably the reason behind it.
Reply 34072
Its ok guys, im on the board of directors in the Student Room. I will not be letting any changing take place. All changes must go through me first.

(Cindy i told you about making decisions by urself, come and see me in the office later)
Reply 34073
lol
D-Skips
Its ok guys, im on the board of directors in the Student Room.(not) I will not be letting any changing take place. All changes must go through me first.

(Cindy i told you about making decisions by urself, come and see me in the office later)

If you think I am sitting on your desk again, you are outta luck hun. :rolleyes:

:biggrin:
Possibly best 20 mins of my life :
Get new passport ( having an expired one cost me the chance of seeing Villareal vs Arsenal in Spain ).
10 mins later get call saking:
a) if i want to go watch last game at Highbury on Snuday - i said yeah, ok.
b) if i want to go to Paris to watch the European Cup final, needless to say i said yeah, ok.

Only bummer is the final is right in the middle of exams.
Its all over soon, what are we to do over the summer. Ah yes there is the world cup.Mmmmnnn....
What are we to do after the world cup :frown: :frown: I just want to go into hibernation until August!! :p:

Oh well there's always the transfer market, and when Redknapp's your manager that's always interesting :biggrin:
Onearmedbandit
What are we to do after the world cup :frown: :frown: I just want to go into hibernation until August!! :p:

Oh well there's always the transfer market, and when Redknapp's your manager that's always interesting :biggrin:

August is the build up though to the beginning of the season, I ams ure we will manage some how. I will see if we can find omething to entertain us all with :wink:

Latest