The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
It wouldn't happen in women's football. They'd swallow.
note to pig - be more subtle
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
note to pig - be more subtle
seconded :rolleyes:
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I just heard a reporter on the radio that Sven will probably be playing the diamond formation :eek: (from the training session and match) and that some of the players are disgruntled about the fact that he's changing the formation.
This is not very good news. I really hope that we can still somehow win.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I just heard a reporter on the radio that Sven will probably be playing the diamond formation :eek: (from the training session and match) and that some of the players are disgruntled about the fact that he's changing the formation.
This is not very good news. I really hope that we can still somehow win.
ok - retard question.

can't they just change the formation if they figure out it's not working and make it suit the team they're playing as best they can? i mean could becks organise this during the match or would the have to wait for the go ahead from sven at 1/2 time?
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok - retard question.

can't they just change the formation if they figure out it's not working and make it suit the team they're playing as best they can? i mean could becks organise this during the match or would the have to wait for the go ahead from sven at 1/2 time?
yeah they can, becks would probably shout to sven on the touchline first though. He could change it if he wanted but i doubt many coaches give they're captains that much. sometimes subs are brought on so they can deliever detailed messages to the team and captain about formations etc.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
It would take too long for Becks to shout out the orders as he'd have to say "y'know" before and after each word.
and by changing formation at half time could unsettle the team as well, when they really should have adapted their play by then.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
yeah they can, becks would probably shout to sven on the touchline first though. He could change it if he wanted but i doubt many coaches give they're captains that much. sometimes subs are brought on so they can deliever detailed messages to the team and captain about formations etc.

from what i understand, becks doesn't do much as captain at all, seems that gary '**** tache' neville has a bigger influence
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Captaincy-wise Sven chose Becks to be captain to gain public support (being that he is a foregin manager), true the captain he has some strong leadership and determination qualities, however players such as Neville and Scholes even, have greater qualities in the captaincy area and should have been picked as captain especially Neville as he is so senior.

TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
not if i deleted a message
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
from what i understand, becks doesn't do much as captain at all, seems that gary '**** tache' neville has a bigger influence
yeah as far as becks is concerned the band on his arm is probably just another fashion accessory.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
so it's not likely to happen then?
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well i don't think any team really ever makes a major change in formation - it would just be choas. they might get instructions from the coach shouted from the touch line for a midfield player to play up front or something.
swatfa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i prophecise that brazil will win
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no it wont happen, thank god
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
well i don't think any team really ever makes a major change in formation - it would just be choas. they might get instructions from the coach shouted from the touch line for a midfield player to play up front or something.
why would it be chaos though? they all know the diff formations yeh? so what's the probem?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by swatfa)
i prophecise that brazil will win
win what hun?
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why would it be chaos though? they all know the diff formations yeh? so what's the probem?
footballers are too thick to understand how to change things
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the general rule is dont change your formation unless you have to ie when someone gets sent off...the chances of screwing up after changing formation is higher than a chance of improvement
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
the general rule is dont change your formation unless you have to ie when someone gets sent off...the chances of screwing up after changing formation is higher than a chance of improvement
Sometimes thats true, but sometimes its good to vary it a bit. For starters you becomes less predictable and makes it 10times harder for the opposition to pick players runs up, plus it gives players a chance to play in positions that they may favour. It certainly worked wonders for my team.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
yeh i guess
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (292)
46.35%
No (74)
11.75%
I'm not old enough (264)
41.9%

Watched Threads